Darren Bent Rumours from the SPUDS

KaKa

We are a f****** joke and we will go into bankruptcy if we pay £16million for the likes of Darren Bent. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm....that's basically bollocks.

Hyperbole. ;)

The rumour's more than likely to be a load of s****, but if it's the truth, then it's madness. £11m + £5m add-ons was what Kaka said.

I'm pretty sure that if we are willing to spend that on Bent it will be because we are getting at least the £11 million we would pay upfront when we sell either Owens or Martins.

Therefore it is in effect swapping one for one without mcuh extra outlay.

Why can't people understand this? Isn't it fairly obvious we would not bring Bent in and keep both Martins and Owen.

A friend of mine showed me the thread on COYS and the bitterness towards Newcastle made me sick. Spurs fans might be the worst alive. Claiming Bent must be all about the money. Claiming Newcastle are the next Leeds and on the verge of Bankruptcy. Worst of all and most laughable ... claiming we wait till they scout someone and then steal their targets!!! Pretentious or what? Like Bent is some big secret!!! Is it our fault they link themselves to every player under the sun?

PATHETIC!

But the sheer bittrnesss towards Spurs shown here don't make you sick?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I would love it if Spurs did pay £12 mill for Bent but I doubt very much that even they are that stupid!!

My worry is that Fred IS that stupid....  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Well he was stupid enough to pay £10m for Martins so... ;)

Must...resist...not...to bite...aargh...

Yes kaka you are right, one of the two would go if we brought in bent....

It's that wage structure which will hold them back from breaking into the top 4, and why the real top players will leave after 2-3 seasons.

Exactly. Money money money makes the top 4 not being sensible.

A friend of mine showed me the thread on COYS and the bitterness towards Newcastle made me sick. Spurs fans might be the worst alive. Claiming Bent must be all about the money. Claiming Newcastle are the next Leeds and on the verge of Bankruptcy. Worst of all and most laughable ... claiming we wait till they scout someone and then steal their targets!!! Pretentious or what? Like Bent is some big secret!!! Is it our fault they link themselves to every player under the sun?

PATHETIC!

I feel justified in anything negative I say about Spurs, half my mates are spurs fans and although I obviously like them in general (as they are my mates) when it comes to football they are a deluded bunch of twats! :lol:

PATHETIC!

I'm not bitter against Spurs, I've hated them for years, since they got away with the 12 point deduction thing.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It's that wage structure which will hold them back from breaking into the top 4, and why the real top players will leave after 2-3 seasons.

I would rather have that than the players wages: turnover ratio at over 60%, that is unsustainable

Honestly though, why do Spurs do this? It was fair enough 2-3 years ago when they were your Johnny Average mid-table side, but they've finished 5th twice now and still seem to stick to it. If Spurs look close to signing a good player, just offer him £40,001 and Levy is stumped.

I would rather have that than the players wages: turnover ratio at over 60%, that is unsustainable

Didn't we still make a slight profit despite this turnover?

Exactly. I admire what they are trying to do with the wages there but a ceiling  of £40,000 is a joke in today's football. So you cannot blame players for going to other clubs if they are offered slightly more can you?

I mean it's not as though they are winning the league every year and neither are they in the Champions League every year.

Even Portsmouth have a higher wage ceiling for goodness sake!

GET REAL!!!!!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Didn't we still make a slight profit despite this turnover?

errrr, NAH

If we sell Owen for £9mil and remove £100k per week from the wage bill and Luque goes on Loan saving £20-40k per week (depending on the arrangement), and then we get in Darren Bent for £8-10m on £30k per week its a good deal for the club.

I'd even cosider someone like Anelka (being quick, has a footballing brain and knows where the goal is) for the right price as a replacement.

Fit Owen = 20 goals a season

Fit Bent = 15 goals a season (12 this season in a relegated team)

Would Owen be fit for long enough to get 20 goals though?

Darren Bent - the next Les Ferdinand!

ITK's are saying that Spurs will announce next week (when the Premiership season has ended) that Bent will be joining when the window opens.  £8/9m is what they're saying.  How accurate that is we'll find out next week.

It has the normal standard of accuracy of your ITK information.

FWIW I;ve never fancied Darren Bent, he's certainly noy bad, and his goalscoring record is impressive, I don't know why but he's never left me as awe-struck as his goalscoring record would suggest it should.

PATHETIC!

I feel justified in anything negative I say about Spurs, half my mates are spurs fans and although I obviously like them in general (as they are my mates) when it comes to football they are a deluded bunch of twats! :lol:

I'm not commenting on whether the bitterness is justified or not, just pointing out that it seems to be there from both sides.

O0

Guest Alan Shearer 9

What was the loss then?

somewhere around the region of 3BILLIONNN

err dunno actually :lol:

Guest Gemmill

Stevie's the worst for hating Spurs.  Which is amazing when you consider that he supported Liverpool from the ages of 4 to 6, on the advice of a neighbour, moved on to supporting Spurs from 7 to 9, on the advice of a special uncle, and finally turned to the toon at the age of 10 when he grew out of his year-long "Sunderland phase".

Why is it that all spurs fans are ITK? Is it because they are all of bullshit talking tosspots?

Personally, i'd be very suprised if Bent were at SJP next season. THink some spurs fan is just covering his arse in case we steel another player from under there noses.

*Awaits Martin Jol* "Well i was confirmed this some weeks ago but don't want to sell out my club insider. Newcastle came in at the 11th hour and decided to equal Micheal Owens 120k a week wage, thats why he choose Newcastle. I believe we are on the verge of signing Robinho anyway.... according to my sources"

It begs the question ... why do Spurs constantly fantasize about the likes of Torres, Robinho, Robben etc. when they know these players could command more than £40,000 a week at any other club that is interested in them?

The height of delusion.

Then they label anyone who doesn't go there are some sort of mercenary? Becaus ethey are obviously a club everyone should want to play for? why? What have they done that is so great?

Maddening bunch of people those lot. Extremely irritating folks.

At least we know what our flaws are and we are not adverse to admitting them. We do not act as though we are the greatest club in the universe for all players when it is not the case.