Season Ticket Renewal pack.

Guest the_guv_nor

I wonder if there be any change for normal matchday tickets. As in will they try to use the same technology?

At Everton there's a plastic swipe card for season tickets

Single match tickets are still paper but they have a barcode thing on the end which the swipe machine reads

Cheers, and to Speccy too.

Thought they might want to implement the machines even if the tickets are still paper. :thup:

I'm now on the waiting list now for a season ticket, oh joy.

I dont think it exists any more... I was on it, then as soon as SJP expanded i get the same 'season ticket prices' letter in the post every year.

Guest Tanzo

Not a good idea these swipecards from a personal point of view. Anyone who can't make a game and sells the "ticket" for that game will have to trust the person they give it to, as Doza said, no selling it to a random in the bar. Also wor little standing section in leazes level 7 will more than likely be blitzed and a few sacrificial lambs ejected and banned, with the cards swiped straight off them.

Guest Invicta_Toon

so are we shutting down the ticket forum then? i'm fucking glad I am trusted by literaly tens of season ticket holders, so I'm not bovvered

Guest NUFCnutter

so are we shutting down the ticket forum then? i'm fucking glad I am trusted by literaly tens of season ticket holders, so I'm not bovvered

The away tickets are not on a swipe card tho!

Guest Saint Andy

so are we shutting down the ticket forum then? i'm f****** glad I am trusted by literaly tens of season ticket holders, so I'm not bovvered

The away tickets are not on a swipe card tho!

or our champions league fixtures after we qualify next year.  :p

I wonder if there be any change for normal matchday tickets. As in will they try to use the same technology?

Maybe. If they're using the same technology as they do at City. Here they have these Matchcard dealies where you buy the games individually. Its basically the same gizmo as a normal seasoncard, but the turnstile won't open unless you've paid for the game beforehand.

thats why i hink clubs should inroduce the direct debit to pay for your season ticket monthly, i.e, if you have missed a payment, they block your card and you cant get in?

would be much more cost effective for fans?

The electronic readers were in the turnstiles for Milburn Level 7 last season and as stated it is really the end of selling spare tickets to some random bloke in the pub beforehand and also the end of the turnstile operator.

At least it would mean the end of the fuckwit in the east stand who keeps shutting his fucking turnstile, making eveyone in that queue go to the back of the next one, then opens it again 5 minutes later causing a mad rush.

Guest hawayman

So how will they know an adult isn't using a juvenile card surely there still has to be someone there.

Guest Morph

So how will they know an adult isn't using a juvenile card surely there still has to be someone there.

I was going to say the same thing.  If there's nobody to check then just buy a juvenile ticket all the time for half the price.

I'm now on the waiting list now for a season ticket, oh joy.

I dont think it exists any more... I was on it, then as soon as SJP expanded i get the same 'season ticket prices' letter in the post every year.

It does, they wouldn't sell me one when I phoned so I went on the waiting list.  I reckon they're just giving the renewals time to come in so they know how many will be available and I'll get one in a couple of months.

I was going to say the same thing.  If there's nobody to check then just buy a juvenile ticket all the time for half the price.

At City they have these guys behind every turnstile holding some sort of gizmo...I'm not that good at describing things...Its kind of like a massive mobile phone looking dealie. I assume it flashes up the details of whoever's card just got  zapped, so they can tell if middle aged men are trying to get in on a ticket assigned to a 7 year old girl. I believe they also have a little scanner in them so they can tell the people who are attending on a match to match basis what seat they are in (If they've forgotten their reciept).