Best debut you've ever seen for a toon player?

Leazes1986

we'll have to wait for HTL and NE5 before supermac gets a well deserved mention

I take it you mean Supermacs home debut vs Liverpool, hat trick then knocked  out and carried off

going for the fourth

Absolutely agree - unbelieveable day !

L/Pool about to embark on an era of fantastic success, with one KK making his away debut for them - S/Mac had already played his first league game at Spurs(it was a 0-0), but none of us expected what was to happen at SJP that August day - first was a pen, then a fantastic, net-bursting strike at the Gallowgate end from wide on the left of the penalty area ; the ball crashed into the roof of Clemence's net and he had no chance with it.

They got back to 2-1(I think KK scored),then, just after half-time, a great left-foot pass from Terry Hibbitt(we were to see many of those over the next 4 years)was nodded down by Tudor just outside the area & Supermac belted it in, across Clemence..We all were going beserk by this time, and shortly afterwards, he intercepted a bad goal-kick by Clemence and , as the ball ballooned into the air, set off after it.Clemence raced out & collided with him, knocking Super out cold.He lost a couple of teeth, and, in the Dressing room afterwards, couldn't even remember scoring the hat-trick !

What a day..will always remember it....!! Nail-biting finish as the scousers pulled back to 3-2, but we hung on.

Must also add Terry McDermott to the list - signed from Bury for 25,000, straight in against Liverpool in 72.

Just about played them on his own in midfield, and his box-to-box running was a revelation for those days.

We won 2-1, but didn't really deserve it.

No wonder they signed him a couple of years later - he was the only player to perform against them in the FA Cup final in 74..

Guest posadageordie

Quinn's four goals or Keegans' winner v QPR for me. Paul Stephenson had a cracking first game as well.

Jenas' first start for us at Sunderland was excellent as well. Was still only 18, had came straight into the first-team in an away game against the enemy, and he was fantastic.

Guest posadageordie

Hardly, the Liverpool game wasn't his debut.

Guest posadageordie

Edgars wasn't the best evar but was pretty great...kept ronaldo quiet AND scored a belter (regardless of deflection :p) against man u at home....

Krul's was excellent tho and would be my vote...

Is this best debuts this season?

Guest bonniebairns

I actually saw Len Shackleton Score his six goals against Newport!! What a debut, but this is in no way debasing all the other recollections on this thread, because there are not that many of us old farts left to tell the tale!!

Edgars wasn't the best evar but was pretty great...kept ronaldo quiet AND scored a belter (regardless of deflection :p) against man u at home....

The title asks for the best debut you've ever seen.

Really?

It was his home debut.

It wasn't his debut anyway!

Guest NUFCrichard

I watched Solano's toon debut in the reserves, he was class from the start, scored a nice goal too.

I kept getting his name mixed up with Serrant!!  :blush:

Gazza away at Southampton (think it was his debut). Class.

It was his debut, the weather was scorching that day.

Aye 14 hr round trip stuck on the M whatever it is, crammed into the shithole that was The Dell.

But well worth it.

Guest posadageordie

Really?

It was his home debut.

But not his debut, so irrelevent to the thread.