SJH On Radio Newcastle After 8am.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Gemmill

Heard a bit of it on the telly earlier.  Just him wittering on about how selling up to Ashley was the right thing to do, and that Ashley is the man to take us forward.  I really hope Freddy just does one sharpish so we can move on tbh. 

Guest East Stander

If he was speaking the truth (which I don't believe) and he says that the Halls and Shepherds are still very close, then we could presume fatty is trying to play poker with Ashley. Still reckon that board meeting next week could get nasty.

I'd love to ask him how with all the £m's he's raped from the Club that Cameron Hall are in the financial mire.

He's currently turning Wynyard Hall into a hotel.

Where do you think we would be now if it wasn't for SJH coming in to "rape" the club?

Guest johnson293

I'd love to ask him how with all the £m's he's raped from the Club that Cameron Hall are in the financial mire.

Where do you think we would be now if it wasn't for SJH coming in to "rape" the club?

Agreed - have no problem with Sir John after what he did to help save the club.

The only thing I do think he did wrong, was allowing Shepherd and Dougie back into their cushy, well paid jobs after the NOTW sting.

Yes, they were forced to resign, but once the dust settled, he allowed them back into the same roles at the club.

Exactly!! The club was on the brink, he came in, splashed the cashand basically turned the club round full circle!!!!!

Sometimes find it unbelievable the way some people go on. We are DESPERATE for a change, we've got it in the managing/playing side of things and now it's time for the board etc

Exactly!! The club was on the brink, he came in, splashed the cashand basically turned the club round full circle!!!!!

Sometimes find it unbelievable the way some people go on. We are DESPERATE for a change, we've got it in the managing/playing side of things and now it's time for the board etc

he didn't splash the cash,he took risks with borrowing that previous boards wouldn't.the only money he put in was in buying shares,story goes the only cash they put in was lady hall's £250,000 for kilcline.

and if you turn full circle you end up exactly where you were in the first place :crazy2:

he didn't splash the cash,he took risks with borrowing that previous boards wouldn't.the only money he put in was in buying shares,story goes the only cash they put in was lady hall's £250,000 for kilcline.

He did loan the club some cash at 0% but other loans were with interest. His building company was paid millions by NUFC to rebuild St James Park, as soon as that work was completed he wanted to build a new ground. Once he got the knock back to build a new ground, redevelop St James Park into a rugger ground &  Chas Chandler built the Arena before Sir John could build a place to host concerts, ice hockey & basketball, he fucked off rather sharpish.

Yes he did save us when we needed but he was only in it for building work & millions he made from the share launch.

Guest Groundhog

and if you turn full circle you end up exactly where you were in the first place :crazy2:

Exactly, he loaned the club a small amount.

I admire the bloke for seeing an oppurtunity and going for it. People seem to work on the assumption that if Hall hadnt come along there wouldnt have been anybody else around. We wouldnt have got Keegan, we wouldnt be sitting in a massive stadium. Try telling that to Chelsea, Man U, Reading, Wigan, Portsmouth, Man C, L'pool, Villa, Arsenal, Boro, South'ton, S'land, even Darlo ffs........loads of clubs with new owners/grounds etc. It's totally inconcievable that we'd be still lying in the old 3rd division with the same crappy board and don't quote Leeds thats a different case.

The Halls and the Sheppards have bought the club for fuck all, put no money in, except to purchase more shares when they were cheap, and used it as a cash cow. Massive salaries, massive dividends ( from a bussiness that aint ever made a profit ).

As I say, I admire their shrewd judgement but they're parasites.

I only wish I had the cash. John Hall would not be Life President and he deffo wouldnt have a stand named after him.

And his son would be punched till my hand dropped off  :coolsmiley:

Sir John Hall insists billionnaire businessman Mike Ashley is the right man to take Newcastle forward.

Hall, 74, sold his 41.6% stake in the club on Wednesday as Ashley stepped up his takeover bid.

"We've had quite a few people come to us, but many of them weren't right," Hall told BBC Radio Newcastle.

"I feel Ashley and his team are right. He'll take us to a new dimension. I'm certain he'll be good for the club or I wouldn't have sold to him."

Ashley purchased the Hall family's stake for £55m with the ultimate aim of clinching a complete £133.1m buy-out of chairman Freddy Shepherd and the remaining shareholders.

"We probably ran out of ideas a bit. There's no room for old men. I've got a lot of experience but it's a young man's game"

Sir John Hall

Shepherd, who has a 29.8% stake in the club, is thought to be shocked by recent events, but Hall has backed Ashley - who made his fortune through sportswear firm Sports World.

"He knows the passion of the fans, he knows how much it means on Tyneside," Hall said.

"I've talked to him enough to be assured they've got the passion for the club as we all have.

"You can't run a club without being attached to it. You can't run a club without feeling for it because it is about people, it's about the passion of the people.

"He knows the supporters are passionate."

Shepherd and the Newcastle board are due to meet shortly to consider Ashley's offer of 100p per share.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

Ashley needs a 50% share to take control of the club, including who sits on the board

That means Shepherd could lose control of the club even if he does not sell his 29% stake

Ashley needs Shepherd's shares in order to reach the 75% required to delist the club from the Stock Exchange

If Ashley manages to buy more than 50% of shares, he will have day-to-day control of the club and if he gets to 75%, he will be able to delist the club from the Stock Exchange.

Hall will remain involved at St James' Park as life president but admitted the time was right for him to step aside.

He said: "I think I've done the best thing but one can never tell. I'm 74 now and for some time I've felt the family need to take a new direction.

"It's been known we've wanted to sell our shares and move on to other things.

"We probably ran out of ideas a bit. You've got to make changes every now and again.

"There's no room for old men. I've got a lot of experience but it's a young man's game."

Exactly, he loaned the club a small amount.

I admire the bloke for seeing an oppurtunity and going for it. People seem to work on the assumption that if Hall hadnt come along there wouldnt have been anybody else around. We wouldnt have got Keegan, we wouldnt be sitting in a massive stadium. Try telling that to Chelsea, Man U, Reading, Wigan, Portsmouth, Man C, L'pool, Villa, Arsenal, Boro, South'ton, S'land, even Darlo ffs........loads of clubs with new owners/grounds etc. It's totally inconcievable that we'd be still lying in the old 3rd division with the same crappy board and don't quote Leeds thats a different case.

The Halls and the Sheppards have bought the club for f*** all, put no money in, except to purchase more shares when they were cheap, and used it as a cash cow. Massive salaries, massive dividends ( from a bussiness that aint ever made a profit ).

As I say, I admire their shrewd judgement but they're parasites.

I only wish I had the cash. John Hall would not be Life President and he deffo wouldnt have a stand named after him.

And his son would be punched till my hand dropped off  :coolsmiley:

That's very big on hindsight.

The logic of others having new grounds etc is fair, they do. If we'd dropped to the old third division we wouldn't have had any of the fun of the Keegan years. We would be a Man City or a sunlun. Getting there, in an up and down sort of way. Sir John kick-started it all. He invested well when no on eelse would. He made his money back by the tie the share lauch came in 1997. Everythign up to then is faulless.

After that he left two incomptetents to run the place. They leeched every penny they could and ran the place abysmally.

Have to agree there. If one thing Hall & Shepherd have done in their time here, is ensured that a sh*t season for Newcastle means mid-table mediocrity, rather than relegation. We've flirted with it a few times since we came back up, but never have we been involved in a proper relegation battle. Sh*t for us these days, is where we used to finish regularly in the 70s, etc...days which a lot of the older fans look back on with fondness.

Guest elbee909

Bit of a slight at Shepherd, possibly:

"We probably ran out of ideas a bit. There's no room for old men. I've got a lot of experience but it's a young man's game"

Guest johnson293

Bit of a slight at Shepherd, possibly:

Exactly what I thought when I read/heard that comment.

I'm sure the fella who owns the financial site would be able to tell you how much the Halls have taken from the Club. Flotation, Dividends and wages on top of this weeks £55m. Then ask the guy how much he put in at the outset. . I'll guess there'll be a discrepincy of £150m

You forget the debt we are in. It isn't their money that rebuilt SJP (THERE COMPANY IIRC) it was OURS.

Guest Knightrider

Sir John Hall spent about £5m of his own money on buying NUFC and keeping us afloat for a period, but has since been well repaid. Shepherd has never dipped his hands into his own pockets other than to buy shares. As Grumpy says, everything you see before you today at SJP has been paid for by the fans but if it wasn't for SJH's enterprise, we'd have went down and went out of business. I doubt we'd have remained out of business for very long as the club is far too important to the fans and city, but I don't think we'd be a Premiership club today as we'd have missed out on the whole revolution that has since taken place top-flight wise. We'd be like Wolves or something.

Guest Invicta_Toon

can't believe this 'left 2 incompetents to run the club' shite

SJH was still on the board, he sanctioned every shit decision by Shepherd