Hyypia in Toon?

Guest Andrew Flintoff

If we sign him it will be as a first choice defender, fact. He wouldn't leave Liverpool where he is a swuad player to come to Newcastle and be a squad player.

He may not have the option of staying with Liverpool at all. I'm not sure he's still capable of a 40 game season.

Guest smoggeordie

Can confirm he's up at SJP now.

How????

Because Rocker just rang me to say he's seen him, and he knew nowt about the fact it had been on talksport etc that he was signing.

Guest elbee909

Man Utd had Laurent Blanc, remember - there's nothing wrong with the right sort of old player at the back.

To think we had him on trial at one point when he were a lad... Hyypia I mean.

Man Utd had Laurent Blanc, remember - there's nothing wrong with the right sort of old player at the back.

To think we had him on trial at one point when he were a lad... Hyypia I mean.

and Mellberg, imagine that defence instead of the rocks that were Dabizas, O'Brien and Bramble :lol:

Guest johnson293

Sorry I thought he was on a free for some reason, well as someone said I doubt he would cost the world.

The Mirror link above says he was available on a free, doesn't it? But the move to Fulham fell through due to wages?

Sorry I thought he was on a free for some reason, well as someone said I doubt he would cost the world.

The Mirror link above says he was available on a free, doesn't it? But the move to Fulham fell through due to wages?

Oh right well I retract my apology :D

He isn't the one that has pushed for a move. It was more Rafa looking to move on some players to make way for new additions who will add to the wage bill.

Hyypia didn't expect to play every game this season and wasn't moody or angry about it. He is a top professional.

I think he should definitely be a first choice defender for us, alongside a younger more athletic defender and two new energetic fullbacks. If we could surround him with players like this his pace won't be exposed as much.

Just to mention He is an absolute beast in the air and is still as strong as an ox and it will be a pleasure to have someone so strong at the back for us. Don't forget the fact he never gets injured as well, so you would imagine with Sams fitness regime he would be even stronger and in better shape for us.

Guest johnson293

From todays Daily Mail rumour mill....

Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia's move to Fulham has fallen through over his wage demands and he could now be heading to Newcastle where he may team up in the centre of defence with Sol Campbell.

Guest SwissMagpie

Think he will be a roatation player,remember that we released three CB.he will take the Morre role

There is no way in hell we sign him and campbell! That wouldn't be a smart move in my opinion.

It would have to be Hyypia and a younger but still experienced defender like Ben Haim.

There is no way in hell we sign him and campbell! That wouldn't be a smart move in my opinion.

It would have to be Hyypia and a younger but still experienced defender like Ben Haim.

Hyppia and Ben Haim would be good, if we really have money to spend bring in Curtis Davies aswell, release Ramage and loan out Hunts and Edgar ;)

Taylor is better than Hyypia in my opinion so would still play Taylor alongside whoever the second centre-half is that Sam signs.

Toon_crazy huh?

Very appropriate name indeed. You must be crazy if you think Taylor is better than Hyypia!!!

Have you ever seen Hyypia play? Are you kidding me? Taylor is still prone to a quite a few errors and mistakes and isn't anywhere near as strong or commanding as Hyypia yet.

It would be ideal if we brought in Hyypia and Ben Haim and played both of them together as our first team pairing and took a bit of heat off Taylor. Taylor could then rotate with Hyypia who wouldn't play every game.

This is why I actually like the fact that Hyypia is 34 because in a year or two Taylor steps into the first team in his place and would be a lot better prepared for it.

No way Taylor should be guaranteed a first team place yet. Just because he is a geordie? Get real!

At one point last season some on here where saying he was the white Bramble!

Need to bring him along a bit slower and let him sit and watch two excellent defnders for at least a year whil allowing him to start a fair share of games too, but not every single game!

Taylor is better than Hyypia in my opinion so would still play Taylor alongside whoever the second centre-half is that Sam signs.

taylor had spent 2/3 of the season filling in positions really depends on how many defenders we sign and what the injuries/suspenions are like. I would agree to bring this lad along we need to play him week in week out and alternate the other CB.