Martin Allen

Delima

Do you think it is a good move for Leicester to appoint Martin Allen ahead of Neil Warnock? Personally think Neil Warnock should have got the job instead. Can't see him managing any club soon now that all the clubs vacancies have been taken up. Man City will never go for him either.

Martin Allen seems to have a decent CV but I know nothing more about him. Anyone cares to elaborate please?

llen named new Leicester manager

New Leicester manager Martin Allen

Martin's undoubted ability is matched only by his infectious enthusiasm which will inspire the club

Milan Mandaric on Martin Allen

Leicester City have appointed Martin Allen as their new manager.

Former MK Dons boss Allen signed a three-year deal after Foxes chairman Milan Mandaric was given permission to speak to him earlier in the week.

The 41-year-old has edged out current caretaker boss Nigel Worthington, Neil Warnock and Paul Ince to the post.

He took MK Dons to fourth place in League Two this season, where they lost out in the play-offs to Shrewsbury, and impressed at Brentford before that.

Allen said: "I'm honoured and privileged to take on the challenge of getting this team to win and to see us fulfil the ambitions of the chairman and fans.

"Having enjoyed some good times in the Conference, League One and League Two I feel ready to make the next step.

"I can see the stadium being sold out on a regular basis to fans who can enjoy supporting a team with passion and players who are proud to wear the shirt."

In two years at Griffin Park, the former QPR and Portsmouth player turned the Bees from relegation strugglers into promotion hopefuls.

He has never managed at Championship level before, but the Foxes will hope his managerial success to date helps them improve after a poor season in which they finished 19th in the table.

606: DEBATE

Your views on Martin Allen's appointment as Leicester boss

Worthington took over as caretaker manager of the Foxes in April after the departure of Rob Kelly and helped steer the club away from relegation.

And Mandaric expects a change in fortunes at the Walkers Stadium and has promised Allen funds to strengthen the Foxes squad.

He said: "This is a significant appointment as the club prepares for widespread changes that will bring on-field underachievement to an end.

"I needed someone with hunger, drive, commitment and potential to aspire to our dreams and Martin ticked the boxes.

"His undoubted ability is matched only by his infectious enthusiasm which will inspire the club.

"Last season's campaign was painfully unacceptable and significant investment in the first team is a priority. Martin's arrival is the first of many."

Was assistant manager at Reading. Rumour has it he messed with a players wife and had to leave.Was manager at Brentford possibly when they knocked Sunderland out of the cup.

My Mum had a crush on his Dad(Dennis) when he played for Reading in the sixties!!!!

Why are all managers so loving to mess with other players' wives?

Bryan Robson, Martin Allen, Alan Pardew ..

Better than "messing" with a player.

Like one particular manager who I'm obviously not going to name allegedly did once upon a time. :laugh: :hom:

Pardon my ignorance but who is this manager?

WHAT?!

Like one particular manager who I'm obviously not going to name allegedly did once upon a time. :laugh: :hom:

Guest nufc16

didnt do a great job at mk dons imo. had an awesome strikeforce and a very good squad for that level, yet only managed 4th and a semi final playoff defeat. did a great job at barnet and brentford though.

Looks a good manager in the making to me. Did a great job at Brentford when you consider they were in the playoffs two years straight under him and then got relegated as soon as he left. Seems like a bit of a character as well.

Funny that Neil 'I want to stay in the Prem' Warnock can't even get a Championship job

Looks a good manager in the making to me. Did a great job at Brentford when you consider they were in the playoffs two years straight under him and then got relegated as soon as he left. Seems like a bit of a character as well.

Funny that Neil 'I want to stay in the Prem' Warnock can't even get a Championship job

Thing is though there are many young, up and coming managers with very decent CV. Martin Allen's doesn't stand out and don't you think he is a bit of gamble considering the ambition of Mandaric?

Phil Parkinson, Paul Simpson, Billy Davies, Mick McCarthy, George Burley, Brian Law, Iain Dowie. Hard to see how Martin Allen could stand out amongst them, of course unless Mandaric knows something I don't (which is very likely). Watford and Norwich appoint Boothroyd and Grant respectively despite them being largely unknown prior to the appointments.

Thing is though there are many young, up and coming managers with very decent CV. Martin Allen's doesn't stand out and don't you think he is a bit of gamble considering the ambition of Mandaric?

Phil Parkinson, Paul Simpson, Billy Davies, Mick McCarthy, George Burley, Brian Law, Iain Dowie. Hard to see how Martin Allen could stand out amongst them, of course unless Mandaric knows something I don't (which is very likely). Watford and Norwich appoint Boothroyd and Grant respectively despite them being largely unknown prior to the appointments.

The difference is that Martin Allen is available.

Every other manager you mention is contracted to a team that will be a promotion rival for Leicester

Neil Warnock? Nigel Worthington? BOth are proven managers.

Stuart Pearce might worth a gamble too.

Maybe in a time of new young managers a proven pair of old hand is key to success.

Neil Warnock? Nigel Worthington? BOth are proven managers.

Stuart Pearce might worth a gamble too.

Maybe in a time of new young managers a proven pair of old hand is key to success.

Both the first two are very experienced in the Championship but at the same time, not exactly spectacular

Warnock took the best part of a decade to get Sheff Utd up. Worthington completely lost the plot for Norwich after winning promotion to the Prem and ended up having them struggling at the bottom of the Championship. He obviously never impressed Mandaric in his caretaker role either.

As for Stuart Pearce he has done nothing whatsoever in management. Unless making a balls up of the City job counts. Nor does he have any working knowledge of the lower league style of play and transfer market, Allen will know it inside out.

I think they have made a good choice. Slightly more of as risk I suppose compared to the more established names you mention but I think the potential return is better. Lets wait and see how it works out!

Here's a fans take from the BBC- http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A23071691

The Martin O'Neil comparisons are a bit early but I can see what he's getting at

Guest graemeh72

Why are all managers so loving to mess with other players' wives?

Bryan Robson, Martin Allen, Alan Pardew ..

Didn't read that on Popbitch

pm pls  :cheesy: