Houllier steps down

Guest Martin

Houllier played ugly, counter attacking football. I don't want that.

He spunked a load of money on a load of s**** - Biscan, Traore, Cheyroux, etc. I don't want that.

And he didn't do much of job with the young players. Gerrard, Carragher, came thru (And I thought the latter was very ordinary under his management), nowt else. We've got some good kids, I want someone with a track record of looking after them.

Carragher is still very ordinary as a full-back. You're right that he's a bit iffy in the transfer market. He spunked piles of cash on rubbish, and then refused to accept that they were rubbish.

Good manager, though, with a canny knack of beating ManU.

And high finishes Title runners up ect ect and won lots of trophies Uefa Cup, Fa Cup ect ect

Manchester City should go all out to get Houllier in my opinion would be fantastic appointment for them.

Guest Knightrider

Big Sam or Mega Sam (:lol:) is a better manager than Houllier in my opinion and will hopefully go on to acheive some success just like the Frenchman has had in his career.

Big Sam or Mega Sam (:lol:) is a better manager than Houllier in my opinion and will hopefully go on to acheive some success just like the Frenchman has had in his career.

How about Uncle Sam?

Guest Invicta_Toon

proof positive we made the wrong choice

Houllier played ugly, counter attacking football. I don't want that.

He spunked a load of money on a load of s**** - Biscan, Traore, Cheyroux, etc. I don't want that.

And he didn't do much of job with the young players. Gerrard, Carragher, came thru (And I thought the latter was very ordinary under his management), nowt else. We've got some good kids, I want someone with a track record of looking after them.

Carragher is still very ordinary as a full-back. You're right that he's a bit iffy in the transfer market. He spunked piles of cash on rubbish, and then refused to accept that they were rubbish.

Good manager, though, with a canny knack of beating ManU.

Wouldn't that be enough, doc spec?

Guest Invicta_Toon

amazing how many managers seem to be resigning lately because 'they need a break'

Guest Ridzuan

It would be great isnt it if he steps down earlier before we appoint Big Sam.Im not saying that Im not happy with the appointment of Big Sam,but I think Houllier would be a better choice considering what he has achieved with Liverpool as well as other big clubs that he has managed before.Nevertheless,I dont really think he will be moving to Manchester City.