England B game ... well worth watching!

KaKa

Actually a really good game and Albania are making it very competitive. Here are a few things I've noticed ...

Gareth Barry is a lovely player. He is actually playing in centre midfield today and you can see that this is where he should have played all along, I don't know which idiots have been in charge of developing this kid but you can see he would excel in the middle of the park. Excellent football brain, awareness, touch, passing, shooting and movement which makes him a threat going forward. Great strength, stamina, discipline, aggression and desire so he is very good as a ball winner too. I know it's just Albania but this guy should be playing in the middle of the park. Martin O'Neil take note. In this position his lack of great pace is not as much as a hindrance for him, he is at least as fast as Lampard. There is no way Jenas should be in the first team squad ahead of Barry and as a matter of fact neither should Downing.

Jermaine Jenas is just so average. Look this isn't about bashing an ex-toon player either. Here is what he has going for him ... he has very good technique and excellent pace and athleticism, however he has shockingly bad stamina and strength and therefore this inevitably negates his good attributes. If only someone would get this boy in the gym and work on his core strength to improve his balance and strength on the ball he would be twice the player he is now and with more stamina he could push forward more often where he would be more useful and dangerous.

Stuart Downing must be McClaren's illegitimate son because there is no way he is ready to be in the England team. Yes his left foot is quality at times, but he is so pathetically weak it is untrue. Is this guy really a professional athlete? His frailty and flimsiness greatly hinders his game, he needs to hit the gym and get stronger and work on his explosiveness, which I'm sure would improve his pace.

Phil Neville is a clown. Period.

Alan Smith should leave Man United. There is a very good player in there who needs to come out now, and it will only happen if he is playing every week. His committment and desire to play the game always impresses me. His goal today was top quality.

In general it has been nice to just see the England team looking up for it and excited to be playing football. I think an infusion of younger, hungrier players need to be put into the team and a lot of others should be pushed out.

Players who really should be in the squad now are Gareth Barry and David Bentley.

Actually a really good game and Albania are making it very competitive. Here are a few things I've noticed ...

Gareth Barry is a lovely player. He is actually playing in centre midfield today and you can see that this is where he should have played all along, I don't know which idiots have been in charge of developing this kid but you can see he would excel in the middle of the park. Excellent football brain, awareness, touch, passing, shooting and movement which makes him a threat going forward. Great strength, stamina, discipline, aggression and desire so he is very good as a ball winner too. I know it's just Albania but this guy should be playing in the middle of the park. Martin O'Neil take note. In this position his lack of great pace is not as much as a hindrance for him, he is at least as fast as Lampard. There is no way Jenas should be in the first team squad ahead of Barry and as a matter of fact neither should Downing.

Barry did play in central midfield for the last few games of the season. You're right, the lad is absolute quality 38 games a season.

Incidentally, hes 26, so not really a kid any more.

Jenas, lacking stamina? That's a first for me  :o

He doesn't lack stamina, he does fail to understand the concept of a tackle though

He doesn't get up and down the park enough for me. In the first half Barry was everywhere, but Jenas would pop up now and again but not consistently. He clearly needs a bit of time to rest during matches, which is why he goes missing.

I cant argue with a villa fan, but he has played in CM for villa before the last few games of this season?

Not this season he hasn't. He's played just about everywhere on the pitch if you include previous seasons, mind.

Alan Smith has been recovering from a serious injury which is why he hasn't played much, nothing to do with playing for man Utd.

Why would he want to leave anyway? Just won the league and about to have another crack at the European Cup.

Alan Smith has been recovering from a serious injury which is why he hasn't played much, nothing to do with playing for man Utd.

Why would he want to leave anyway? Just won the league and about to have another crack at the European Cup.

OK Einstein if everyone is fit how odes Alan Smith get consistent games? Keep in mind they are currently hunting for a top class striker.

OK Einstein if everyone is fit how odes Alan Smith get consistent games? Keep in mind they are currently hunting for a top class striker.

No one's denying that. He won't be first choice. Doesn't necassarily means he wants out at this moment in time.

And your patronising tone is getting a bit old, Einstein.

:idiot2:

Cacky

Guest Knightrider

Thought Jenas had a good game myself, him Downing, King when he moved into CM and the Blackburn fella were the pick of the bunch, everyone else was average or nowt special. Shorey started well but his crossing and link up play further forward was disappointing. Good game.

Who the fuck is everyone like?

Louis Saha???

Course he's going to get games, probably quite a few of them cos he's a damn site better than Saha.

As usual they will be trying to win 4 major competitions which means squad rotation etc etc.

Do you think Ferguson will play the same 11 players and make no substitutions in every game Einstein?

No one's denying that. He won't be first choice. Doesn't necassarily means he wants out at this moment in time.

When did I say he wanted out?

I said he ought to leave!

Goodness grief ...

Ratings anyone?

I only watch bit and patches of the game.

These players are supposedly younger, hungrier, not money grabber who don't give a shit for national team. Yet the team is not overwhelming against a not so good Albania.

Bentley is having a good game but does anyone else think (like me) that he crosses too many times? I think he is trying to emulate Beckham and takeover his place eventually. But I would prefer him to driblle more often.

I don't know why Alan Smith is getting games when there are other players clearly better than him (Defoe, Bent etc)

Kaka: Stewart Downwing is the best left footer lef winger this country has got after Joe Cole, who is not even left footed.

Goodness grief ...

He's playing for the best team in the country man, why the fuck would he want to leave or should leave?

Goodness grief ...

Yarkshire tone, sorry. I meant the same thing. "You want to get yourself out of that place, lad."

Goodness grief ...

Definitely not Einstein.....

Who the f*** is everyone like?

Louis Saha???

Course he's going to get games, probably quite a few of them cos he's a damn site better than Saha.

As usual they will be trying to win 4 major competitions which means squad rotation etc etc.

Do you think Ferguson will play the same 11 players and make no substitutions in every game Einstein?

Slap yourself three times very hard ... now you are awake.

Tell me how you can justify claiming that Smith is better then Saha? What is the most amount of goals each has scored in a season?

Smith will never start upfront at Man U and I believe he is good enough to start at a lot of teams and should be doing so in order to improve and become a legit top striker.