Big Sam looking at Crouch

Dokko

Guest sittingontheball

I wouldn't mind Crouch, he's a canny player. The transfer fees mentioned earlier on are a bit of a joke though.

Crouch has the ability to be an excellent player for us if he's used to his strengths, with the way Allardyce got the best out of Kevin Davies at Bolton I could see Crouch becoming unplayable if that system was introduced here.

I'd be all for signing him.

Precisely.

If we were to sign someone like Peter Crouch, he has the potential to work extremely well here, and seriously push us forward in our striking department. And, although the price is steep, it shouldn't have to matter. If the money is there, we can spend it - because the guy is proven quality and like i say, could do so much for us.

Which is why i disagree with the people saying "£10m's to steep, £8m at the most..." and things of that gist, because i think that might be asking for too much. That's too perfect.

Plus, as i said earlier - if we were to bring in a free like Viduka aswell, it's excellent business.

Martins, Crouch, Ameobi and Viduka is an excellent range of strikers to choose from.

Guest Knightrider

Crouch has the ability to be an excellent player for us if he's used to his strengths, with the way Allardyce got the best out of Kevin Davies at Bolton I could see Crouch becoming unplayable if that system was introduced here.

I'd be all for signing him.

Agreed, although at the prices suggested I think we can do a lot better. However he is a good player and the first thing Big Sam would do is bulk him up to make him much stronger and work on his heading ability which is rather poor. On the deck though he's underrated and I like him as a player.

Crouch is a player with a good touch; however, do we really want a(nother) player who'll be out on the lash every week? He's hardly the model athlete that Allardyce likes to have and he doesn't come across as having the desire to take himself out of his comfort zone to really push himself at Newcastle - especially when he can still get an occasional game in a red shirt and pick up his sizeable salary.

There's a reason why he didn't start the Champions League final.

Guest skhwoody

hopefully Big sam can sort out his weakness at headers, because for such a tall player that should be his strength.

Guest teepee

can you please fill me in on that reason - because in my mind liverpool lost that final because they didn't deploy two strikers...

Guest smoggeordie

Crouch is a player with a good touch; however, do we really want a(nother) player who'll be out on the lash every week? He's hardly the model athlete that Allardyce likes to have and he doesn't come across as having the desire to take himself out of his comfort zone to really push himself at Newcastle - especially when he can still get an occasional game in a red shirt and pick up his sizeable salary.

There's also a reason why they lost the Champions League final.

Sorry, I was a bit cryptic earlier, Crouch hasn't been keeping himself in match condition as the season draws to a close. Turns out smoking doesn't keep you naturally fit.

Guest gggg

Turns out smoking doesn't keep you naturally fit.

Didn't do Zidane any harm.

Any links to the Crouch story or are you ITK?

Guest Rich555

Crouch for 10m, not thanks.. rather have Zigic  for 8m, at least  he knows how to win balls in the air.

It'll be more than £8m now, after the fantastic season he's had with Santander, he cost 4m from Red Star in the first place, you could probably treble that now

Turns out smoking doesn't keep you naturally fit.

Didn't do Zidane any harm.

Any links to the Crouch story or are you ITK?

Nah, no newspaper link as far as I'm aware. I'm unfortunately am in the know - not out of choice. The guy comes across as fairly well spoken but has all the values of Keiron Dyer.

PS: Are you really comparing Crouch with Zidane? Or even mentioning him in the same context...?!

Guest khyberpass

Bugger getting Crouch in...Lets go for Nikola Zigic  - j

Joined Racing from Red Star at half way through season. Took them from bottom, to challenging for Europe...scored 12 goals in 27 games; assist for 8 further goals and was the fouled player for 5 of the 9 penalities that another player took..

Allegedly available for around £10-12M (Valencia offered E12M but were turned down).

Prior to that had scored 70+ goals in 100 games for Racing!!! 1 in 2 record for Macedonia as well...

He is 26yrs old; he is  (depends who you read) 6ft 8"/10" tall! Cracking shot on him. Great header of ball.

Will be an absolute star in our league...Wenger wanted to sign him prior to world cup, but Racing wouldn't sell so he got the beast in instead...

COME ON SAM and SIGN ZIGIC

Guest bluegeordie
Decent lad.... not  a great footballer.

Maybe Crouch can room with Joey then, and between them we'll have one model pro  ;)

Crouch is a 7ft wimp. You can bet he's only smoking to impress his WAG - whether that's enough to impress her, well we'll have to wait and see.

If Sam is looking for big characters to play for a big club, then Viduka for £0.0m is probably a better bet.