Ranieri to takeover Citeh if Thai deal goes through

Guest gggg

I doubt someone from Chang would go onto your board Speccy, would it not be a conflict of interest?

Surely it would break some sort of rule?

A Chang spokesman said yesterday that they want to offer us a bigger, longer contract

Can't see it being a conflict of interest, Chang have no say in how Everton are run.

Didn't Abramovich have to cut ties with a company that sponsored CSKA Moscow due to being owner of Chelsea? Something like that anyway. It would be the same scenario if someone from Chang was on another club's board, no?

Guest Invicta_Toon

I doubt someone from Chang would go onto your board Speccy, would it not be a conflict of interest?

Surely it would break some sort of rule?

A Chang spokesman said yesterday that they want to offer us a bigger, longer contract

Can't see it being a conflict of interest, Chang have no say in how Everton are run.

Didn't Abramovich have to cut ties with a company that sponsored CSKA Moscow due to being owner of Chelsea? Something like that anyway. It would be the same scenario if someone from Chang was on another club's board, no?

no way a sponsor can be classed as an owner

and Abramovic is still a silent partner iirc

SSN Breaking news.

Citeh shirley?

I was going to put a little "fingers crossed" picture here. So I put "fingers crossed" into Google image search. As it turns out, that wasn't the best idea I've ever had. :hmm:

PS: Fingers crossed!

Claudio Ranieri has resigned as manager of Italian Serie A side Parma.

The former Chelsea manager is expected to eventually take over at Manchester City, who sacked Stuart Pearce at the end of the season.

The 56-year-old Italian took over the struggling Parma side in February and guided them to safety, with a 12th-place finish.

His impressive stint has reportedly convinced the City board he is the man to take over from Pearce

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/news_story/?ID=209513&hubname=

MILAN, Italy (AP) - Juventus wants Claudio Ranieri as its coach next season and will try to persuade him not to return to the English Premier League with Manchester City, according to Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday.

Ranieri, who quit Parma Thursday after helping the Italian club avoid relegation from the Serie A, is Juve's first choice to replace Didier Deschamps after 2006 World Cup-winning coach Marcello Lippi ruled himself out, the Italian sports daily reported.

Deschamps quit last week after guiding Juventus back to the Serie A. The Turin club was relegated to the Italian second division in July for its role in a match-fixing scandal.

Italian and British media reported Thursday that former Chelsea manager Ranieri had reached a three-year deal with Manchester City to replace Stuart Pearce, who was fired as manager on May 14.

Ranieri said Thursday he was "hoping" to return to England's top division to City but would not confirm the reports.

"It's premature to specify names," Ranieri said. "At this moment, I haven't signed anything and it is all yet to be decided."

Ranieri's future reportedly is linked to a proposed takeover of City by former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who made an indicative proposal to take over the club on May 1. Shinawatra is currently conducting due diligence ahead of a formal offer, which has yet to be made.

Ranieri managed Chelsea from 2000 to 2004. He was hired by Parma in February and the club narrowly avoided relegation in Sunday's final round.

Sorry, Dr. Spectrum, turns out the cheats want him too. 

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/news_story/?ID=209513&hubname=

MILAN, Italy (AP) - Juventus wants Claudio Ranieri as its coach next season and will try to persuade him not to return to the English Premier League with Manchester City, according to Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday.

Ranieri, who quit Parma Thursday after helping the Italian club avoid relegation from the Serie A, is Juve's first choice to replace Didier Deschamps after 2006 World Cup-winning coach Marcello Lippi ruled himself out, the Italian sports daily reported.

Deschamps quit last week after guiding Juventus back to the Serie A. The Turin club was relegated to the Italian second division in July for its role in a match-fixing scandal.

Italian and British media reported Thursday that former Chelsea manager Ranieri had reached a three-year deal with Manchester City to replace Stuart Pearce, who was fired as manager on May 14.

Ranieri said Thursday he was "hoping" to return to England's top division to City but would not confirm the reports.

"It's premature to specify names," Ranieri said. "At this moment, I haven't signed anything and it is all yet to be decided."

Ranieri's future reportedly is linked to a proposed takeover of City by former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who made an indicative proposal to take over the club on May 1. Shinawatra is currently conducting due diligence ahead of a formal offer, which has yet to be made.

Ranieri managed Chelsea from 2000 to 2004. He was hired by Parma in February and the club narrowly avoided relegation in Sunday's final round.

Sorry, Dr. Spectrum, turns out the cheats want him too. 

I choose to write off the above as foriegn tabloid BS. For no other reason than I don't want to believe it. Still coming to City as far as I'm concerned  :celb:

Panic Panic Panic  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Can't blame him...you dont turn down a club like Juve, especially as no-one has a fucking clue what is going on with this "bid next month...." takeover bid. But I'm worried about who is left now. Best case scenario is now Sven or someone like that. But it could be much worse than that.  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: