Owen impressed by Big Sam

Guest NIToon

Guest alex

Poor results on the pitch, making a Top 4 club a much more attractive proposition to Owen.

More Owen's fault for going to the WC unfit and endangering his career.

Name one football fan in the world who would not play in the World Cup despite being passed as fit by both club and country doctors.

He wasn't match fit and was why he came away with an injury, it doesn't matter if he was right to go, he wasn't fit, it didn't pay off, and he and the FA are partly responsible for where we've finished in the league and therefore responsible for us not having Europe and why he's in the position of leaving.

It was a freak injury. You've got no idea whether not being match fit caused it or contributed to it. Also, he'd played for us before the season ended (albeit briefly) and he was picked to play in the World Cup so he went, like anyone else would have done. To attribute blame to him, the FA or anyone else is just plain daft. It was just one of those things.

Seems like i'm one of very few who doesn't want to sell our only truly world class player. :undecided:

Don't want to sell him either, if he wanted to go I'd happily let him though. He's professional enough to always give his all, even if his loyalty is elsewhere. He wants the best for Michael Owen, which includes performing, so to want to get rid for the sheer fact he doesn't big us up (don't see anyone else doing it) is insane.

And the fact England drives him is good, fucksake, as it means he'll have to perform.  Especially now he's not the golden boy anymore.

Seems like i'm one of very few who doesn't want to sell our only truly word class player. :undecided:

I'm with you Dave. :)

I also agree that we must not sell him.  We need him to remain to help attract other world class players to the club, over the summer.

OK, I know we have always been rich and have always bought 'big' players, and I know we have been in Europe (Champs League or UEFA) for most of the last 11 years - and MAINLY, I know we are probably about to become "even richer".  However, we are not even in the UEFA Cup next season, so a lot of players that we (Ashley/Allerdyce) will need to attract, may well be put off by that situation.

So, we need Owen here, to act as a sort of 'magnet'.

Conversely, selling him now, would not only take away that magnet, but it would massively send the OPPOSITE message to exactly the sort of player we need to be recruiting.

The first Ashley/Allerdyce season, is going to be a difficult (transitional) one.

Seems like i'm one of very few who doesn't want to sell our only truly world class player. :undecided:

Don't want to sell him either, if he wanted to go I'd happily let him though.  He's professional enough to always give his all, even if his loyalty is elsewhere.  He wants the best for Michael Owen, which includes performing, so to want to get rid for the sheer fact he doesn't big us up (don't see anyone else doing it) is insane.

And the fact England drives him is good, fucksake, as it means he'll have to perform.  Especially now he's not the golden boy anymore.

It's not the fact that he's not bigging us up, it's that he's using our club as a stepping stone and thinks he's bigger than us.  Mind, I'll shut the fuck up if he pots 20 for us next season and stays relatively healthy. 

All he has to say is, "I'm going to be as fit as I can be next year and score as many goals as I can for Newcastle".  End Fucking Of.  If he wants to leave after that, thank's mickey, it's been a slice.  Pun intended. 

Don't want to sell him either, if he wanted to go I'd happily let him though.  He's professional enough to always give his all, even if his loyalty is elsewhere.  He wants the best for Michael Owen, which includes performing, so to want to get rid for the sheer fact he doesn't big us up (don't see anyone else doing it) is insane.

It's not the fact that he's not bigging us up, it's that he's using our club as a stepping stone and thinks he's bigger than us.  Mind, I'll shut the fuck up if he pots 20 for us next season and stays relatively healthy. 

All he has to say is, "I'm going to be as fit as I can be next year and score as many goals as I can for Newcastle".  End Fucking Of.  If he wants to leave after that, thank's mickey, it's been a slice.  Pun intended. 

All of that is presumption only, and in any case we knew it before he signed. What's changed? We're doing shit so he's getting itchy feet. Surprise?

Don't want to sell him either, if he wanted to go I'd happily let him though. He's professional enough to always give his all, even if his loyalty is elsewhere. He wants the best for Michael Owen, which includes performing, so to want to get rid for the sheer fact he doesn't big us up (don't see anyone else doing it) is insane.

And the fact England drives him is good, fucksake, as it means he'll have to perform. Especially now he's not the golden boy anymore.

It's not the fact that he's not bigging us up, it's that he's using our club as a stepping stone and thinks he's bigger than us. Mind, I'll shut the fuck up if he pots 20 for us next season and stays relatively healthy.

All he has to say is, "I'm going to be as fit as I can be next year and score as many goals as I can for Newcastle". End Fucking Of. If he wants to leave after that, thank's mickey, it's been a slice. Pun intended.

No, he doesn't actually. Not in the real world anyway. Very few players have done this, care to share me some of those names?  Some players do that, some don't. Some players are always looking for the next step up the ladder, some aren't. If you think we're going to get players that only want to sign and play for the club rather than their pay check, all the time, then you're wishing for a dream. It doesn't happen in today's game.

And to be fucking honest, until this takeover, Michael Owen probably was bigger than us. Please don't take that literally, but just consider what I'm getting at. Who they fuck are we, exactly? Said that twice today... :shifty: We're a fucking shit arsed team, run for the last 3 years by a pair of 'managers' that resemble imbeciles. Two of which he's had to endure. Everyone's been saying it for every other player, "if I was him, I'd be out of here", but with Owen it's not, by some.

People need to recognise we got him here against his true wishes, so fucking live with that and stop your pissing, because half the points made against him are hysterical nonsense. "All he has to say, is..." Nowt. Give me goals Michael, or if you fuck off, give me millions. We win either way.

Use his ambitions and desires to get the best out of him. Stop pretending every player should automatically love the club, stop pretending superstar players really should care more about their employers than their wage check. If you lot want us to be at the top, you ARE going to have get used to this. Time to choose, cause the moment is now.

Seems like i'm one of very few who doesn't want to sell our only truly word class player. :undecided:

I'm with you Dave. :)

I also agree that we must not sell him.  We need him to remain to help attract other world class players to the club, over the summer.

OK, I know we have always been rich and have always bought 'big' players, and I know we have been in Europe (Champs League or UEFA) for most of the last 11 years - and MAINLY, I know we are probably about to become "even richer".  However, we are not even in the UEFA Cup next season, so a lot of players that we (Ashley/Allerdyce) will need to attract, may well be put off by that situation.

So, we need Owen here, to act as a sort of 'magnet'.

Conversely, selling him now, would not only take away that magnet, but it would massively send the OPPOSITE message to exactly the sort of player we need to be recruiting.

The first Ashley/Allerdyce season, is going to be a difficult (transitional) one.

AlanShearer9 says - "Not truly world class imo. World class finisher maybe".

That is exactly what he is, a world class finisher. We need more world class players, in OTHER positions, having him here will greatly help that happen.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Not truly world class imo. World class finisher maybe.

Nearest then. Surely you agree with my point in general?

NEVERR!!! yeah ok then :lol: He is certainly very good Premiership standard, I just think in a team like ours against CL teams he would struggle which prevents him from being all round world class in my opinion.

Not truly world class imo. World class finisher maybe.

Nearest then. Surely you agree with my point in general?

NEVERR!!! yeah ok then :lol: He is certainly very good Premiership standard, I just think in a team like ours against CL teams he would struggle which prevents him from being all round world class in my opinion.

He is still in my top ten Parky stats as a one of the best finishers in Europe I'll have you know.

It's not the fact that he's not bigging us up, it's that he's using our club as a stepping stone and thinks he's bigger than us.  Mind, I'll shut the f*** up if he pots 20 for us next season and stays relatively healthy. 

All he has to say is, "I'm going to be as fit as I can be next year and score as many goals as I can for Newcastle".  End f****** Of.  If he wants to leave after that, thank's mickey, it's been a slice.  Pun intended. 

No, he doesn't actually.  Not in the real world anyway.  Very few players have done this, care to share me some of those names?  Some players do that, some don't.  Some players are always looking for the next step up the ladder, some aren't.  If you think we're going to get players that only want to sign and play for the club rather than their pay check, all the time, then you're wishing for a dream.  It doesn't happen in today's game. 

And to be f****** honest, until this takeover, Michael Owen probably was bigger than us.  Please don't take that literally, but just consider what I'm getting at.  Who they f*** are we, exactly?  Said that twice today... :shifty:  We're a f****** s*** arsed team, run for the last 3 years by a pair of 'managers' that resemble imbeciles.  Two of which he's had to endure.  Everyone's been saying it for every other player, "if I was him, I'd be out of here", but with Owen it's not, by some. 

People need to recognise we got him here against his true wishes, so f****** live with that and stop your pissing, because half the points made against him are hysterical nonsense.  "All he has to say, is..." Nowt.  Give me goals Michael, or if you f*** off, give me millions.  We win either way. 

Use his ambitions and desires to get the best out of him.  Stop pretending every player should automatically love the club, stop pretending superstar players really should care more about their employers than their wage check.  If you lot want us to be at the top, you ARE going to have get used to this.  Time to choose, cause the moment is now.

I'm not pretending every player should love the club, but he should give us a clue of his direction.  If he wants out, fine, he gets his wish.  He stays, all the fucking better, we've got a world class player in our starting 11.

I agree, there are very few players who play for the shirt or some that do for a period of time, but fall out of favour due to set circumstances.  When we're playing to our potential, I have no doubt in my mind more players will love playing for Newcastle. 

For the record, Micheal Owen isn't bigger than any club.  He wasn't bigger than Liverpool (Thought he was and sat on the fucking bench for Real) and he's not bigger than us.  We are a big club in my eyes.  Not as big as the obvious, but not far behind.  Right or wrong, those are my beliefs. 

And the fact England drives him is good, fucksake, as it means he'll have to perform. Especially now he's not the golden boy anymore.

It's not the fact that he's not bigging us up, it's that he's using our club as a stepping stone and thinks he's bigger than us. Mind, I'll shut the f*** up if he pots 20 for us next season and stays relatively healthy.

All he has to say is, "I'm going to be as fit as I can be next year and score as many goals as I can for Newcastle". End f****** Of. If he wants to leave after that, thank's mickey, it's been a slice. Pun intended.

No, he doesn't actually. Not in the real world anyway. Very few players have done this, care to share me some of those names? Some players do that, some don't. Some players are always looking for the next step up the ladder, some aren't. If you think we're going to get players that only want to sign and play for the club rather than their pay check, all the time, then you're wishing for a dream. It doesn't happen in today's game.

And to be f****** honest, until this takeover, Michael Owen probably was bigger than us. Please don't take that literally, but just consider what I'm getting at. Who they f*** are we, exactly? Said that twice today... :shifty: We're a f****** s*** arsed team, run for the last 3 years by a pair of 'managers' that resemble imbeciles. Two of which he's had to endure. Everyone's been saying it for every other player, "if I was him, I'd be out of here", but with Owen it's not, by some.

People need to recognise we got him here against his true wishes, so f****** live with that and stop your pissing, because half the points made against him are hysterical nonsense. "All he has to say, is..." Nowt. Give me goals Michael, or if you f*** off, give me millions. We win either way.

Use his ambitions and desires to get the best out of him. Stop pretending every player should automatically love the club, stop pretending superstar players really should care more about their employers than their wage check. If you lot want us to be at the top, you ARE going to have get used to this. Time to choose, cause the moment is now.

I'm not pretending every player should love the club, but he should give us a clue of his direction. If he wants out, fine, he gets his wish. He stays, all the fucking better, we've got a world class player in our starting 11.

I agree, there are very few players who play for the shirt or some that do for a period of time, but fall out of favour due to set circumstances. When we're playing to our potential, I have no doubt in my mind more players will love playing for Newcastle.

For the record, Micheal Owen isn't bigger than any club. He wasn't bigger than Liverpool (Thought he was and sat on the fucking bench for Real) and he's not bigger than us. We are a big club in my eyes. Not as big as the obvious, but not far behind. Right or wrong, those are my beliefs.

And he has given us a clue of his direction, and that is that he might stay. What the hell is "Owen impressed by Big Sam"? An indication he wants out? ???

It's not the fact that he's not bigging us up, it's that he's using our club as a stepping stone and thinks he's bigger than us.  Mind, I'll shut the f*** up if he pots 20 for us next season and stays relatively healthy. 

All he has to say is, "I'm going to be as fit as I can be next year and score as many goals as I can for Newcastle".  End f****** Of.  If he wants to leave after that, thank's mickey, it's been a slice.  Pun intended. 

All of that is presumption only, and in any case we knew it before he signed. What's changed? We're doing s*** so he's getting itchy feet. Surprise?

He's part of the reason we're shit, that's the fucking surprise.  His goals would have been difference makers, fact. 

If he had played at least 75% of our games and we were still shit, I'd have no qualm's about his itchy feet.  I'd offer to scratch them all the way to London or Manchester or Liverpool.  Might be difficult if we're taking his chopper, as I think I might bump some instruments used in flight.  I'll scratch 'em after a safe landing wherever that may be. 

No, he doesn't actually.  Not in the real world anyway.  Very few players have done this, care to share me some of those names?  Some players do that, some don't.  Some players are always looking for the next step up the ladder, some aren't.  If you think we're going to get players that only want to sign and play for the club rather than their pay check, all the time, then you're wishing for a dream.  It doesn't happen in today's game. 

And to be f****** honest, until this takeover, Michael Owen probably was bigger than us.  Please don't take that literally, but just consider what I'm getting at.  Who they f*** are we, exactly?  Said that twice today... :shifty:  We're a f****** s*** arsed team, run for the last 3 years by a pair of 'managers' that resemble imbeciles.  Two of which he's had to endure.  Everyone's been saying it for every other player, "if I was him, I'd be out of here", but with Owen it's not, by some. 

People need to recognise we got him here against his true wishes, so f****** live with that and stop your pissing, because half the points made against him are hysterical nonsense.  "All he has to say, is..." Nowt.  Give me goals Michael, or if you f*** off, give me millions.  We win either way. 

Use his ambitions and desires to get the best out of him.  Stop pretending every player should automatically love the club, stop pretending superstar players really should care more about their employers than their wage check.  If you lot want us to be at the top, you ARE going to have get used to this.  Time to choose, cause the moment is now.

I'm not pretending every player should love the club, but he should give us a clue of his direction.  If he wants out, fine, he gets his wish.  He stays, all the f****** better, we've got a world class player in our starting 11.

I agree, there are very few players who play for the shirt or some that do for a period of time, but fall out of favour due to set circumstances.  When we're playing to our potential, I have no doubt in my mind more players will love playing for Newcastle. 

For the record, Micheal Owen isn't bigger than any club.  He wasn't bigger than Liverpool (Thought he was and sat on the f****** bench for Real) and he's not bigger than us.  We are a big club in my eyes.  Not as big as the obvious, but not far behind.  Right or wrong, those are my beliefs. 

And he has given us a clue of his direction, and that is that he might stay.  What the hell is "Owen impressed by Big Sam"?  An indication he wants out? ???

No, it isn't anything, is it?  It says he's still weighing up his options.  We deserve an answer, so:

A) We can sell him and get on with the rest of our summer dealings. 

B) Keep him and build our squad accordingly. 

Is that not fair?

Here man, seriously. I can't deal with that. You all make the assumption in the first place that he wants to go, have we ever heard him say that? Give me quotes baby. But suddenly he should come out and say he wants to stay, because.... er.... you lot assume he wants to go. Get away man.

And YOU are talking about fair? :lol:

Here man, seriously.  I can't deal with that.  You all make the assumption in the first place that he wants to go, have we ever heard him say that?  Give me quotes baby.  But suddenly he should come out and say he wants to stay, because.... er.... you lot assume he wants to go.  Get away man. 

And YOU are talking about fair? :lol:

I don't know what the fuck lil' mickey wants, tbh.  Which is what drives me beserk.  No where have I said, "I think Mickey wants to go", I said, that he thinks he's bigger than the Toon and he clearly does. Pisses me off, but I've agreed with you and Dave.  That's reality, we were shit and even shittier without him. 

Yes, I'm talking about fair and living up to a contract.