Clubs Wages - Players earn average £1.1m each

Nobby

PREMIERSHIP footballers are to pocket a record £1.1million average wage next season - to the fury of hard-hit fans.

Even "bog standard" players will see their pay break through the £1million barrier for the first time to net in excess of £20,000 a week - more than many people earn in a year. And with TV deals boosting coffers of top clubs from £1.3billion to £1.7billion, the first £10million a year footballer is not far off, predicts a report by accountants Deloitte's. The staggering payouts have angered fans, who have been faced with season after season of rising ticket prices.

Malcolm Clarke, chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, said: "Fans are sick of the way the game is being run, the way that it is all about money.

"They hate to see players who do nothing all season getting paid so much. Clubs should be pumping more money in to the lower leagues and reducing prices."

Chelsea were the biggest spenders last year splashing out £114million in wages. Struggling Wigan Athletic spent least at £20.6million.

Biggest Wage Bills

1. Chelsea £114m

2. Man Utd £85m

3. Arsenal £83m

4. Liverpool £69m

Biggest Wage Bill Rises

1. Tottenham £7.5m

2. Everton £6.1m

3. Charlton £5.3m

4. Aston Villa £5.1m

Biggest Debt

1. Arsenal £262m

2. Chelsea £180m

3. Fulham £167m

4. Man City £94m

Clubs Making A Loss

Aston Villa

Fulham

Chelsea

Charlton

Guest gggg

Handy that they've missed out part of the list because I was going to comment on that.

Biggest Wage Bills

1. Chelsea £114m

2. Man Utd £85m

3. Arsenal £83m

4. Liverpool £69m

5. US - £52m

6. SPURS - £30m

sums us up at the minute.

Handy that they've missed out part of the list because I was going to comment on that.

Biggest Wage Bills

1. Chelsea £114m

2. Man Utd £85m

3. Arsenal £83m

4. Liverpool £69m

5. US - £52m

6. SPURS - £30m

I'd reckon SPurs is a lot higher than that, especially since the lowest is Wigan at £20m.

Think how many player Spurs have, all on daft 30ks like Murphy, Gahly etc...

Biggest Wage Bills

1. Chelsea £114m

2. Man Utd £85m

3. Arsenal £83m

4. Liverpool £69m

5. US - £52m

6. SPURS - £30m

link?

Biggest Wage Bills

1. Chelsea £114m

2. Man Utd £85m

3. Arsenal £83m

4. Liverpool £69m

5. US - £52m

6. SPURS - £30m

I'd reckon SPurs is a lot higher than that, especially since the lowest is Wigan at £20m.

Think how many player Spurs have, all on daft 30ks like Murphy, Gahly etc...

Might not include the PRP element.

Guest gggg

I read the Spurs figure on another forum so it's most likely made up by a spuds fan, ours is definately 52m mind it's on the bbc website

I read the Spurs figure on another forum so it's most likely made up by a spuds fan, ours is definately 52m mind it's on the bbc website

I'm certain ours is correct but the Spuds one must be miles off.

I know they don't have Owen on the books which drives ours up by £5m a season, but they do have about 3 times as many players as us, all on healthy wages and the like of King, Berbatov & Lennon will rival any of our top earners bar EMO.

Guest kingdawson

I know they don't have Owen on the books which drives ours up by £5m a season, but they do have about 3 times as many players as us, all on healthy wages and the like of King, Berbatov & Lennon will rival any of our top earners bar EMO.

I think its about right tbh. Our highest earner is Keane on 40 k. Players like Berbatov and Lennon are on 22k and 20 k a week respectivly.

I think its about right tbh. Our highest earner is Keane on 40 k. Players like Berbatov and Lennon are on 22k and 20 k a week respectivly.

total bollocks.

Guest kingdawson

total bollocks.

why you getting worked up for? it isnt bollock mate so calm down. Were known for our extremely tight wage structure.

Guest alex

Although we had a situation a few years ago where players weren't paid as much as they should have been and the clubs had too much power I find it really sad that nearly all money now being pumped into football in this country finds its way in players' pockets. Grassroots/youth football misses out imo. Ditto all the money spent on Wembley.

total bollocks.

why you getting worked up for? it isnt bollock mate so calm down. Were known for our extremely tight wage structure.

In reality it'll be a lot higher than that though, with bonuses. On the back of a half decent season like the one just gone (decent league position, cup run, lots of goals scored etc.) there will have been a lot more paid out in wages, several million I would imagine.

total bollocks.

AM that worked up i only noticed your reply now,  :rolleyes:

and its still bollocks and i really don't care, but it is wrong imo and my opinion is all that matters to me.  :D

Plus if am wrong, see above  O0 Seriously though, if your right then the SPuds have done very well keeping these players on tight arse contracts, but i'd imaging that will change if Berbs is going to stay, no doubt he'll want a new contract if he's only on £40k.

Newcastle United ....

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/payrol4.gif

makes a nice graph if you plot our position against it each year 'n aaall both sets of numbers increase in step...............

Newcastle United ....

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/payrol4.gif

makes a nice graph if you plot our position against it each year 'n aaall both sets of numbers increase in step...............

there you go (NUFC Payroll & Position)

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3041/graphpc1.jpg

From the Guardian

Manchester United were able to spend £85m on wages in 2005-06, Arsenal £83m and Liverpool £69m, compared to Newcastle's £52m and the £41m spent by Tottenham, who were the sixth-biggest payers. Chelsea's wage costs were a staggering £114m.