The crack next season with live games

Stevie

Am I right in thinking:

ITV will have 2 FA Cup games live every round and Sky will have 2, with highlights on ITV on a Saturday night?

Sky will have approximately 100 live Premiership games, Setanta 50? no Prem+, and highlights on MOTD? (is there more live games next season than this, more Monday night games etc... what slot have Setanta got?)

SKY and ITV still have the League Cup and CL?

Does anyone know the exact specifics because it will determine whether or not I will get the Setanta in.  Whenever I've seen Setanta it's been shite, I remember I stuck it on for Basle v The Toon, and Lillestrom v The Toon, was like a house in Benwell the set and they missed the kick off for Basle, I hope it's improved.  I heard a while ago ADRIAN FUCKIN DURHAM, the biggest single nobhead in the media will be their front man for Premiership football.  So does anyone know how much, how many games etc....

:thup: in advance

Guest gggg
(is there more live games next season than this, more Monday night games etc... what slot have Setanta got?)

The Prem Plus games. Not the best games but not the worst either.

Plus with Setanta you get live Dutch, german, scottish, italian, french and portuguese games, they even had the conference north playoffs on the other week. They've also got FA Cup games and England games from next season.

works out alot better than 90 pound a season just for 40 premiership games on prem plus.

Guest gggg

No. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PremPlus

PremPlus no longer exists due to the new Premier League television rights deal. After a successful 6 seasons on air for the pay-per-view sports channel, it came to an end having broadcast 270 matches live and exclusive from the English Premier League.

(is there more live games next season than this, more Monday night games etc... what slot have Setanta got?)

Plus with Setanta you get live Dutch, german, scottish, italian, french and portuguese games, they even had the conference north playoffs on the other week. They've also got FA Cup games and England games from next season.

works out alot better than 90 pound a season just for 40 premiership games on prem plus.

prem plus - 90 pound a season? its 40-50 pound!

I've not heard Setanta have the FA Cup and England games like.  How much extra is it for Setanta?

Guest Knightrider

Setanta is £15 per month.

Same as Sky Sports then What a rip off. Will not be subscribing to that, Sky Sports is bad enough. In fact I might cancel Sky, paying 44 quid a month and I hardly watch it, even the footy as I only watch Toon matches and ones that catch my fancy. Should all be free, every household in Britain would then get Sky meaning they'd make a mint via advertisers, which they already do anyway.

Guest gggg

http://gb.setanta.tv/gbgetsetantasports.htm

Sky - £5 a month for 3 month then £11 a month

Cable - £15 a month

They've got FA cup games and England games from next year, BBC and Sky have then next season

On Friday 30th March 2007 it was announced that Setanta Sports and ITV had secured the rights to screen the England home matches and FA Cup live matches for around £425 million for four years from August 2008, out bidding BSkyB and BBC's offer of £300 million.

Guest DavB93

Same as Sky Sports then What a rip off. Will not be subscribing to that, Sky Sports is bad enough. In fact I might cancel Sky, paying 44 quid a month and I hardly watch it, even the footy as I only watch Toon matches and ones that catch my fancy. Should all be free, every household in Britain would then get Sky meaning they'd make a mint via advertisers, which they already do anyway.

I've been saying this for months but keep thinking of reasons to keep it. It's just handy been there.

yeah :lol:, its not like theyd make more from people paying £44 a month for something they dont even watch...

Cancelling some of the things you watch least will save you some cash (trimming down the entertinament package and cancel movies maybe).

Am I right in thinking:

ITV will have 2 FA Cup games live every round and Sky will have 2, with highlights on ITV on a Saturday night?

BBC still have the FA Cup next year. it goes to ITV and Setanta the year after.

Guest Invicta_Toon

basically, £15 a month is not worth 46 live games, especially as there is likely to be less than 4 Toon games

basically, £15 a month is not worth 46 live games, especially as there is likely to be less than 4 Toon games

............ and Sky still have Football First as well.  Hard to think of good reasons to sign up to Setanta tbh.

Ive cancelled Sky (total rip off, more than £45 a month) and cant see me wasting money on Setanta either, rather spend the money on a higher speed internet connection or a big dish.

Anyway, lets say you dont have Sky, cant u still subscribe to Setanta? Is it part of the DVB boxes? Gotta say that £114 a year for Setanta isnt bad, for the amount of footy and NHL etc you get on it. Compared with Sky at £600 a year!

Why dont Sky bring out a specific sports package, all their sports channels for say £15 a month. I dare say most people on here only have Sky for the sport, but have to buy all the other channels to get all the sport...and there lies the problem.

SETANTA PREMIERSHIP PACKAGES

Package C: minimum of 12 matches at 2000 on Monday, the rest either at 1330 on Sunday or 1715 on Saturday or other times

Package D: minimum of 18 matches at 1715 on Saturday, the rest either at 1330 on Sunday, 2000 on Monday or other times

BSKYB PREMIERSHIP PACKAGES

Package A: 23 matches shown at 1600 on Sunday

Package B: 23 matches shown at 1330 on Sunday

Package E: 23 matches shown at 1245 on Saturday

Package F: seven to 13 matches on midweek evenings/bank holidays, 10 to 16 at 1245 on Saturday and 1600 on Sunday

Guest gggg

Well that makes no sense.

Prem Plus - premiership games

Setanta - premiership games, italian games, french games, portuguese games, dutch games, scottish games, german games, highlight shows, internationals and from next season - fa cup and england games. + other sports

Well that makes no sense.

Prem Plus - premiership games

Setanta - premiership games, italian games, french games, portuguese games, dutch games, scottish games, german games, highlight shows, internationals and from next season - fa cup and england games. + other sports

I want Premiership games. Just because I get that other shit doesn't change the fact i'm being ripped off for Premiership games.

Guest gggg

Fair enough.

I'd rather watch PSV V Ajax, Milan v Roma and Bayern v Bremen than Portsmouth v Fulham tbh.

Fair enough.

I'd rather watch PSV V Ajax, Milan v Roma and Bayern v Bremen than Portsmouth v Fulham tbh.

I see your point but as I say, i'm being made to pay for those games to get the ones I want. It's like when they sell games consoles in Game with about 10 games for £500. Sure, i'm getting £500 worth of stuff, but I don't fucking want it all, I want the console.

Thats the thing, if you work it out only on Prem Games, its not a good deal

But, if you look at the overall package, its very good.

Personally i wouldnt mind watch top Dutch, German and Italian games, and also would watch a lot of NHL and boxing.