We badly need a playmaker/creative player

Guest Knightrider

Tuncay wants to play for us too, so I think £5m could get him

tuncay is great in FM manager  not so sure about his skills in the real world.

Plenty of videos of him on youtube.

He'd be excellent as our attacking midfielder if we played a 4-3-3 formation.

massive longshot but hasnt riquelme fallen out of favour with villareal? on loan at boca juniors at moment i tihink

I think he'd struggle with the pace of the Premiership tbh.

Totally agree. And it's suicide to play him in a 442 if thats what Sam is planning to do with Viduka if he signs

This is one of the most important players we need imo. If we sign Baines, Ben Haim, Barton and Viduka then we got in a right back we would maybe have a team who would be one of the top 8 in the Premiership, but the playmaker is the key. If we can get a good one in then that would be possibly one of the most important players in getting us up to the next step. Someone with a brain who can unlock a defence with a single pass and can score goals. I don't know how much our budget is, but lets say for arguments sake we spend £11m on Baines and Barton. If we had a ridiculous amount of money like the £40m quoted in  some parts of the press, i would go as far as to pay anywhere between £10-£15m for the playmaker, i think it is that essential.

Who though?

We're in the position at the moment that any decent playmaker won't want to join us, especially with no European football next season.

Goals to games record;

Sakaryaspor A.Ş. 66 (32)

Fenerbahçe 132 (53)

Turkey 38 (12)

Scored a hat-trick against Man Utd a couple of years back, too.

Guest gggg

massive longshot but hasnt riquelme fallen out of favour with villareal? on loan at boca juniors at moment i tihink

On massive wages too. He won't be at Boca next year for that very reason.

From what i've heard he isnt bothered about wages anyway, at Villareal he lived in a flat near the stadium slept on the floor and got a bus to the training ground.

think it depends what midfield system you play? ask him to get up and down pitch and you have no chance, sit him at the the top of a triangle behind strikers and it may work.

Agreed it wont happen but in owen and martins we have two strikers who would have a field day with his slide rule pass ala saviola's goal in world cup v ivory coast

Guest BillyRay Valentine

arteta

Why would he want to leave a better club?

true, but to a certain extent you could argue the same for parker, owen & martins. you'd have to say though, despite league positions, we're the higher profile club

how about nakamura at celtic?

Guest David Kelly

arteta

It's not like you'd be asking him to leave Madrid for us is it.  If this buyout does go ahead we would certainly be a much bigger attraction to Everton I would have thought!

On massive wages too. He won't be at Boca next year for that very reason.

From what i've heard he isnt bothered about wages anyway, at Villareal he lived in a flat near the stadium slept on the floor and got a bus to the training ground.

Just found this anyway from a couple of months back...

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=457060&plid=12031&clid=449&cpid=23

Juan Roman Riquelme insists he would not consider playing for any European side, other than Villarreal.

The Argentine schemer suffered a spectacular fall-out with the Spanish side earlier in the season that culminated with him being loaned to former club Boca Juniors for the rest of the campaign.

Despite the souring of his relationship with Villarreal, the 28-year-old still has two years left on his contract at El Madrigal and has not ruled out a return to Spain.

However, if that ultimately proves impossible, he is adamant he will not contemplate the possibility of joining another European team.

"I know it is going to be hard for me to ever wear the Villarreal shirt again," Riquelme stated. "If the opposite were true they would not have loaned me to Boca Juniors.

"I have a house there and things went really well for me over there.

"I received the recognition of the whole of Europe thanks to Villarreal and that's why if I don't play for Villarreal then I won't play for any other European side."

Meanwhile, with one eye on next season, Villarreal are reported to have identified Hamburg's Rafael van der Vaart as a summer transfer target.

The club are willing to invest heavily after a disappointing season to date and see the Dutch international as a man to add more creativity to their ranks following Riquelme's departure.

Maresca/Guti

None of them are starting games for their respective clubs.

Maresca would be decent, but Guti is the wrong side of 30 now and has always striked me as a very inconsistent player.

arteta

true, but to a certain extent you could argue the same for parker, owen & martins. you'd have to say though, despite league positions, we're the higher profile club

Parker couldn't get a game for Chelsea, Owen was a strange transfer and Martins wasn't a starter at Inter (if he was I think it's fair to say he'd have never entertained joining us). We're a bigger club for sure, but Everton are currently more stable and can guarantee him things we can't at this moment in time.

Goals to games record;

Sakaryaspor A.Ş. 66 (32)

Fenerbahçe 132 (53)

Turkey 38 (12)

I've seen him play a few times now and think Tuncay is top top quality. Very good hatrick V man u in CL and also gave AC Milans back 4 some serious problems when he last played them. If we could get him on a bosman we'd be laughing, this guy is rightly worshipped in Turkey. As already has been said look at his video's on utube to give you an idea. Can play in the beardsley/Rooney type role behind the main striker or on either wing. Would be best imo behind Owen or Martins imo because he's very creative. But since Duff is ...'Duff' and will be for around at least another 6 months due to injury and Zoggy's off the boil he could be handy in the Lwing spot too to start with too. Emre's supposed to be staying so fingers crossed he could swing it for us.

Goals to games record;

Sakaryaspor A.Ş. 66 (32)

Fenerbahçe 132 (53)

Turkey 38 (12)

My point is that even that he has been outstanding in turkey I have doubts that he could become such a force here.

How many attacking players have come straight from Turkish league to england and been successful?

And most of the successful Turkish players playing abroad are born outside turkey.(not all I know that! )

Guest BillyRay Valentine

arteta

Parker couldn't get a game for Chelsea, Owen was a strange transfer and Martins wasn't a starter at Inter (if he was I think it's fair to say he'd have never entertained joining us). We're a bigger club for sure, but Everton are currently more stable and can guarantee him things we can't at this moment in time.

agreed, but my point is anything can happen in the transfer market. taking the owen example, until he actually signed no-one really believed it was anything more than another of the fat ones wet dreams.

Goals to games record;

Sakaryaspor A.Ş. 66 (32)

Fenerbahçe 132 (53)

Turkey 38 (12)

My point is that even that he has been outstanding in turkey I have doubts that he could become such a force here.

How many attacking players have come straight from Turkish league to england and been successful?

And most of the successful Turkish players playing abroad are born outside turkey.(not all I know that! )

I can only recall a very small number of Turkish players who actually came over here in the first place, to be honest. Emre, Tugay (via Scotland)... other than that I can't recall anyone at this moment in time.