We badly need a playmaker/creative player

Guest Knightrider

Lucho Gonzalez people, Lucho Gonzalez.

He's all we look for in a midfielder. Impossible to get though.

If you think he is impossible to get whats the point in banging on about him? :lol:

Guest khyberpass

Think Emre has class untapped, big Sam should be given the time to get Emre back playing the football he can play...If not, Nakamura is a great shout.

On a side note, we should buy Nikola Zigic NOW. Almost got Racing into Europe from bottom when he joined at Xmas...12 goals, 8 assists and 5 fouls resulting in penalties for another to score from just  27 games...!!!!

Oh yes - he's 6ft 8"/10" (depends who you believe) and is 26 yrs old...Allegedly available for £10/12M.....

Think Emre has class untapped, big Sam should be given the time to get Emre back playing the football he can play...If not, Nakamura is a great shout.

On a side note, we should buy Nikola Zigic NOW. Almost got Racing into Europe from bottom when he joined at Xmas...12 goals, 8 assists and 5 fouls resulting in penalties for another to score from just  27 games...!!!!

Oh yes - he's 6ft 8"/10" (depends who you believe) and is 26 yrs old...Allegedly available for £10/12M.....

wont cost that much...£7m-ish i reckon

Had Viduka and Diego Swarfega listed when I saw it.

I don't watch portugese league but did catch Lucho in action in the CL and for Argentina.

you should've posted it on here would've been fab,if only to see Diego's name in our squad before his brutal untimely death

Guest khyberpass

If Valencia have already had E12M turned down by Racing (approx £8.15M) , £7M looks too low...bloody marvelous if we could get him for that!

Having facial surgery at mo, but nothing wrong otherwise...

Guest s0ftcore

Emre is world-class, can't believe we only got him for 3.8m. Inter aren't very good in their business dealings, they let Cannavaro go to Juve pretty cheap (about 5-6m euros) when they found him surplus.

Definitely a starter in the team.

Hope Big Sam can get the best out of him and the team, he'd definitely need to chip in with the assists/goals if we want to push for Europe. I did say he was world-class but he hasn't shown it yet. Hopefully next season he'll prove me right X_X

Emre is world-class, can't believe we only got him for 3.8m. Inter aren't very good in their business dealings, they let Cannavaro go to Juve pretty cheap (about 5-6m euros) when they found him surplus.

Hope Big Sam can get the best out of him and the team, he'd definitely need to chip in with the assists/goals if we want to push for Europe. I did say he was world-class but he hasn't shown it yet. Hopefully next season he'll prove me right X_X

People do throw the term "world class" around way too easily these days!

Guest khyberpass

Emre was considered a world class midfielder (ie a guaranteed pick for his country  - a country who had gone almost all the way in the world cup?)when we looked at him.

Fella has not delivered for Toon, but has suffered injuries/ being pissed around, etc...

I'd lovely to see a fully fit, fully committed Emre...however, truth might be that he is better suited to the Italy or Spain pace of game?

Doesn't mean he isn't world class though...

Same may apply to Luque about the wrong league (although I wouldn't define him as World Class)

Emre is not world class and he has never been world class. World class is Kaka, Christiano Ronaldo...not Emre. Maybe if Emre was coached right he could become a very good player but not a "world class" one.

Guest graemeh72

People do throw the term "world class" around way too easily these days!

Totally agree....

maradona of the bosphorus ? ..... Personally I can't spot it'

Although I will admit that his UEFA performances were better than his domestic games

Word is Scholes could be going for £2 million.

Source:http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=41001.0

I am sure Paul Scholes has scored more premiership goals at SJP than Dyer, can anyone confim this.

Guest khyberpass

Emre is not world class and he has never been world class. World class is Kaka, Christiano Ronaldo...not Emre. Maybe if Emre was coached right he could become a very good player but not a "world class" one.

2 years ago, Ronaldo was considered a diving poor excuse for a Beckham replacement....Kaka was thought of as "too light" for world class; and Ronaldhino was on "another planet class"!? I don't fall out with your estimation of their class; but quality is prone to breakdowns...

We are too quick to hang our players out to dry...its the one thing that pisses me off about being a Toon fan...Look back at the reports of Emre...he was considered by many reports as the "Maradona of the Bospherous"....good enough to be picked up by Inter...

As I said, he has not shown it for the Toon..and the pace of our league may be the reason...but I'd like to see him prove us wrong

2 years ago, Ronaldo was considered a diving poor excuse for a Beckham replacement....Kaka was thought of as "too light" for world class; and Ronaldhino was on "another planet class"!? I don't fall out with your estimation of their class; but quality is prone to breakdowns...

We are too quick to hang our players out to dry...its the one thing that pisses me off about being a Toon fan...Look back at the reports of Emre...he was considered by many reports as the "Maradona of the Bospherous"....good enough to be picked up by Inter...

As I said, he has not shown it for the Toon..and the pace of our league may be the reason...but I'd like to see him prove us wrong

very good point ,well put!

Guest khyberpass

jason koumas

(realistically speaking, of course)

Looks a Prem player...stands out in Championship. Some rumours of temperament issues?

If Valencia have already had E12M turned down by Racing (approx £8.15M) , £7M looks too low...bloody marvelous if we could get him for that!

Having facial surgery at mo, but nothing wrong otherwise...

Zigic was so fuking shit in Germany it was unreal, i had high hope for him as well.

12 goals is fuk all for a season tally as well, a massive gamble, might as well go for crouch as Zigic doesn't seem to be anything special in the air either.