David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Lack of aggression? Hmmm ... hard to say, but he definitely didn't look like he lacked pace in Saturday's game!

Definitely looked very elegant and fluid too. He's a good athlete thats for sure. He also did play some nice passes forward from the back.

Guest DavB93

I think Allardyce is being way too quick about this.

He needs to watch Rozenhal play more games, and while he's at it, check out Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt.

Allardyce was interested in him at Bolton so will know plenty about him I would of thought.

Guest johnson293

He needs to watch Rozenhal play more games, and while he's at it, check out Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt.

Allardyce was interested in him at Bolton so will know plenty about him I would of thought.

I took James comments as slightly tongue in cheek, relating to the attitude of the previous manager, last summer.

Guest smoggeordie

Beeb

Czech Republic defender David Rozehnal is keen for a move to Newcastle United, according to his representatives.

The 26-year-old's club Paris St Germain have yet to hold direct talks with the Magpies, having already rejected a £2.7m bid from Borussia Dortmund.

"David would love to play for Newcastle," Sport Invest spokesman Eliot Vantil told BBC Sport.

"He knows manager Sam Allardyce was also a centre-back and believes he can learn from him."

He added: "Allardyce was keen to sign David back in January for Bolton and I know he came to watch him play against Wales.

"David has played for one great club, PSG, but would love to come to the Premiership and play for another.

"PSG are holding out for the right offer for their player."

Rozehnal, who joined the French side from Club Brugge in 2005, played for the Czech Republic at Euro 2004 and at the 2006 World Cup.

He was PSG's player of the year last season and was selected in the French league's team of the year.

Guest DavB93

I took James comments as slightly tongue in cheek, relating to the attitude of the previous manager, last summer.

Just re-read the post and agree with you mate, sorry James.

Guest David Kelly

Interesting to hear that he was their player of the year and in the French leagues team of the season.

Nice to see us looking at players like this who seem to be on the up!

Guest DavB93

Interesting to hear that he was their player of the year and in the French leagues team of the season.

And not after the money... :clap: :clap:  Sam

Guest Darth Toon

Exactly - Anton Ferdinand or Curtis Davies for 10 million quid or an extablished, experienced international for quarter of that - I'm loving Sam's style!

Guest DavB93

Been a good pre-season so far

Can't wait for the season to start now if it continues like this.

Sam did say he wants most signings by 2nd of july.

Expect a busy few weeks.

Did he say that? Good business if he did, nice to have things settled by the start of Pre-Season

Allardyce wanted him in January at Bolton so it's not as if he's not seen much of him is it.

Sam did say he wants most signings by 2nd of july.

Expect a busy few weeks.

Did he say that? Good business if he did, nice to have things settled by the start of Pre-Season

Yes he did, wanted to give the new players time to settle in before the Premiership starts...

BaaaaaaaaWOOOSH!

Who? I know he was joking about the Kuyt business but not the Rozenhal stuff.

He was joking about Rozenhal in the way that Roeder treated Kuyt