David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Exactly. Allardyce might be working to a, say, £15m budget now, when in a week that could easily be £50m. Might as well wait a bit before signing a player now, when in a week's time we could sign a better player for that position.

:lol:

What's funny? He'd have had a Shepherd budget with his list of players when he first took over, now there's new money in he might have a list of better players he wants that he didn't think he'd have been able to afford when he came in.

Is your avatar supposed to move, mate?

Guest mishka17

on polish nufc website a bloke wrote a coment "on borussia dortmund website it is said that rozehnall will sign for us in few next days for 5mln euro" ... didn't check it out by myself because i hate german and i don't understand a shite in that language

I just read we're winning the race to Rozenhal's signature.. But the article also stated that Khalid Boulahrouz is on Big Sam's list. don't know if you've heard of this before, I certainly haven't.

What would you think of the cannibal on Tyneside??

I think he might be a bit of a gamble, but he would add some much needed height, physical presence and aggressiveness to team.

Guest mishka17

I just read we're winning the race to Rozenhal's signature.. But the article also stated that Khalid Boulahrouz is on Big Sam's list. don't know if you've heard of this before, I certainly haven't.

I think he might be a bit of a gamble, but he would add some much needed height, physical presence and aggressiveness to team.

bit risky...unconvinsing at chelsea...imo, i would give a shot for fair price ... 3mln?

bit risky...unconvinsing at chelsea...imo, i would give a shot for fair price ... 3mln?

The price I saw mentionened was £2,5 m

Did anyone here saw Rozehnal play?

I never saw him, but from what i heard he makes too many mistakes/blunders and is not the most solid defender in the world.

Wouldnt be too gutted if we miss out on signing him.

I've never seen him play.  But I'd definitely question how a defender that makes lots of defensive mistakes could possibly be voted player of the season..

Guest mishka17

The price I saw mentionened was £2,5 m

fair enough...thought after buying him for big cash (was it 13mlns euro?) the price tag will be around 6-7mlns...well, after all, that's chelsea, buy for 21mlns-sell for 10, buy for 17-sell for 5 :D

I never saw him, but from what i heard he makes too many mistakes/blunders and is not the most solid defender in the world.

I've never seen him play.  But I'd definitely question how a defender that makes lots of defensive mistakes could possibly be voted player of the season..

If the rest of the team is a mixture of Ramage and Pattison?

If the rest of the team is a mixture of Ramage and Pattison?

Is the french league made up of Ramages and Pattisons then because he made that team of the season aswell.

I don't think Big Sam would spend decent money on him if he was cack.  It's not as if he's panic buying and he is renowned for decent scouting.  I'm prepare to trust him on his purchases and see how they gel before passing judgement.  That is unless he buys spit the dog!

Guest Invicta_Toon

that vast scouting network that was geared up to find knackered out players for a mid table team

Guest Big Spam

NUFC.com going with this....

"Despite reports on Monday that Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund were in pole position to capture the signing of David Rozehnal, we understand that the defender is close to making the switch to Tyneside.

The Czech international defender who turns 27 next month is currently on the books of Paris St.Germain where he's their player of the year.

More news as we get it."

NUFC.com going with this....

"Despite reports on Monday that Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund were in pole position to capture the signing of David Rozehnal, we understand that the defender is close to making the switch to Tyneside.

The Czech international defender who turns 27 next month is currently on the books of Paris St.Germain where he's their player of the year.

More news as we get it."

No doubt agents communicating the Dortmund deal was nearly done story to hasten Newcastle's bid for the player.  I don't know much about this defender, just hoping Sam's done his home work and he does well in the EPL.