David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Guest sicko2ndbest

Get him in and officially signed soon Sam then sort out a left back and a right back!

Still need 5 new defenders in theory

1 RB

2 CH

2 LB

Guest Guinness

I'm in shock that this move has actually progressed a little bit! We may complete it before the window shuts after all.

Dunno anything about this guy but I just like the sound of him. Named in Ligue 1 team of the season despite playing for a club battling relegation, that's quite a complement. He's said to be quick and he's certainly experienced, two things Taylor could do with alongside him, and he's a regular in the Czech defence which is pretty solid. Big Sam's been scouting him since his Bolton days so this isn't a desperate signing to make the numbers up, and the price doesn't represent a major gamble.

To top it all off he's hardly missed a game in two seasons. Sevilla, whose scouts found stars such as Sergio Ramos, Jose Reyes, Julio Baptista and Dani Alves, and spotted a bargain in Fredi Kanoute, are now looking at Rozehnal which gives me hope. Sevilla generally know what they're doing in the transfer market.

Spanish paper Marca are quoting a Czech paper which says we've offered him 56,000 euros a week which is about £35k.

Guest Toonie

Given

Solano     Rozenhal     Taylor    New LB

Milner      Barton         Emre     N'Zogbia

Martins        Viduka

Subs

Albert Luque

Duff

Butt

Ramage

Krul

Guest Guinness

Solano is a f****** s**** RB, if Carr churned out them performances people would be calling him worse than s****.

Not sure I agree that strongly about Solano at right back, but I certainly wouldn't be comfortable going into the new season with him and Carr as our RB's. Even if we sign Rozehnal we still need at least 1 more CB, a LB and a RB.

Solano is a f****** s**** RB, if Carr churned out them performances people would be calling him worse than s****.

Dont know what you have been watching mate, even defensively Solano has been better than Carr. Whilst he gets cut to pieces alot of the time his positional sense (when not marking) and footballing brain is twice of the Irishmans, he is more composed on the ball, better going forward and isnt even a RB.

He isnt great, but a darn sight better playing out of position than carr is in his natural one.

Solano is good as a back-up right-back who can come in for a few games to cover for injury and suspension. Would never make him first-choice full-back in a million years though.

Me neither, he will be like a million and 32 or something! Way too old!

Even if we sign Rozehnal I feel we need another two central defenders after that, as well as two full backs. That's not being greedy, but we should have a minimum of 7 defenders with any kind of experience. As far as I'm concerned we have two defenders, one a first teamer (Taylor) and one a back up (Solano). We have emergency cover in Ramage and young prospects who are nowhere near ready (Huntington, Edgar). I feel we need 5 defenders with hopefully Rozehnal the first.

We've let 4 defenders go already and Carr and Baba could and should be on the way out, so it's totally reasonable to suggest 5 come in.

If Ramage, Huntington or Edgar are getting regular games then we can prepare to drop serious points, as we did last season. Ramage just isn't good enough but might as well stay as emergency cover. One or both of the other two ideally need a loan to get experience elsewhere. They didn't come through because they were ready - they clearly weren't - they came through because we were desperate and we can't let that happen again.

Solano and Taylor can cover right back, we need to sell Carr and get a new first team right back in. I'm a huge Solano fan and he had an excellent spell there mid last season but he faded badly and he doesn't have the legs to hold that position for another season.

I think Taylor will pretty much be a first choice centre back so we could do with buying another right back. As said before Luke Young would do for a season if we can get him on the cheap then he can become cover when Solano goes back to South America and we sign a top class right back.

Guest SwissMagpie

if Rozhenal is in the bag we need two more CB ,One left back and one right back

remember that he can play as DM too

Solano is good as a back-up right-back who can come in for a few games to cover for injury and suspension. Would never make him first-choice full-back in a million years though.

Me neither, he will be like a million and 32 or something! Way too old!

652,549 years is a different matter though.

PRAGUE (AFP) - Paris Saint Germain's Czech international defender David Rozehnal is set to sign a four-year deal with Premiership side Newcastle on Monday, his agent revealed.

"We're leaving for England on Sunday night and David will undergo a medical on Monday morning. Afterwards he should sign the contract," his agent Pavel Zika told the CTK agency.

Rozehnal, who will be 27 next month, joined PSG in June 2005 on a four-year deal. He has 34 caps for the Czech Republic.

According to press reports Rozehnal was also targetted by Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla in Spain.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2007/June/22/rozehnal-set-to-sign-for-newcastle

Medical and signing on monday then :thup:

Sooooo...

Given, Harper

New RB, Carr

New LB, Babayaro

New CB, Rozehnal

Taylor, Ramage

Milner, Solano

N'Zogbia, Duff

Emre, Dyer

Barton, Butt

Viduka, Ameobi

Owen, Martins

Depending on who the "New RB, LB & CBs" are, we should easily be looking at 7th bare minimum.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sooooo...

Given, Harper

New RB, Carr

New LB, Babayaro

New CB, Rozehnal

Taylor, Ramage

Milner, Solano

N'Zogbia, Duff

Emre, Dyer

Barton, Butt

Viduka, Ameobi

Owen, Martins

Depending on who the "New RB, LB & CBs" are, we should easily be looking at 7th bare minimum.

You have forgot the most important signing:

Manager: Sam Allardyce!

Guest mishka17

Trust Huntington and Edgar more than Ramage tbh...

Think they showed more promise than he ever has.

totally agree