David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

in the end it will be where the player wants to go.....not what the clubs agree between themselves.

Nothing about this here in Jormany tbh.

Also some dubious logic by his agent stating it just needs an official bid from Newcastle for the deal being finalised within hours but then saying that his client prefers Dortmund.

Guest kmdnufc

in the end it will be where the player wants to go.....not what the clubs agree between themselves.

Also some dubious logic by his agent stating it just needs an official bid from Newcastle for the deal being finalised within hours but then saying that his client prefers Dortmund.

Of course, it's in the agent's interest to start a bidding war. The more the player sells for, the more he gets.

Also didnt Dortmund officially pull out of the deal or something?

Seems to me like the agent is just trying to hurry the deal up

That's the one, smells like agent interference

Guest Guinness

There's a shock, an agent trying to stir things up. If we have indeed made a bid for him then this could well be a case of trying to get the best possible terms for his client. Or maybe our valuation doesn't match PSG's and he's trying to hurry us along by stating Dortmund are now favourites.

Well, not really pulling out, but officially conceding defeat as they think/thought they would be able to compete with the offer from an English club. There haven't been any news here afterwards.

The deal will be done soon enough no need to worry, sure the Barton deal will ocme soon too, both players in by the end of the week I reckon.  :thup:

I think Ben Haim will be here by the end of the week aswell

If he knocks back Chelski aye, but I am not going to hold my breath on that one..

We cant really be disappointed if we dont sign Rozehnal because we dont know if he is any good.

The agents quotes saying will be done in hours and we avent bid for him suggests we are not signing him.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I have a feeling this fella's gonna turn out to be shit. It's been too easy. If improving our defence was this simple we'd have done it ages ago.

brilliant logic there mate.

Guest justin99.

A couple of sites are starting to show that same sky story about Rozehnal.

Majority though seem certain it's done and dusted.

Sky alway's seem to do this.

Announce a player a club is linked to...

hype it up as if the player has all but signed his name...

Then throw a spanner or two into it, such as another club has 'ambushed' the deal.

Guest icemanblue

A couple of sites are starting to show that same sky story about Rozehnal.

Majority though seem certain it's done and dusted.

Sky alway's seem to do this.

Announce a player a club is linked to...

hype it up as if the player has all but signed his name...

Then throw a spanner or two into it, such as another club has 'ambushed' the deal.

Indeed. Seem to remember this happening with Barton, too.

The deal will be done soon enough no need to worry, sure the Barton deal will ocme soon too, both players in by the end of the week I reckon.  :thup:

I think Ben Haim will be here by the end of the week aswell

If he knocks back Chelski aye, but I am not going to hold my breath on that one..

I seriously doubt Chelsea are interested in him.

They did want him in January but that was only to fill as a stop-gap as Terry and that other bloke were out injured and Ferreira had to play in a centre-back role with Carvahlo.

With Alex coming in, I can't see them going for another defender unless one of them leaves.

It's just paper talk, I reckon.

Guest Toon83

i dont know how long the Barton deal will take to complete, maybe another week, but if we can get Ben Haim and or Rozehnal in this week then the defence will be looking alot better.

Rozehnal is a good player and as mentioned before he was voted the PSG player of the season last year, i guess we will just have to wait and see what happens as we are all glued to sky sports news waiting for breaking news