David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Guest johnson293

Slight update from Sky Sports Webs*ite...

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470509&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Magpies+close+on+Rozehnal

Newcastle United look to be closing in on the capture of Paris Saint Germain defender David Rozehnal.

The Czech Republic stopper was a target of Borussia Dortmund, but as skysports.com first revealed last week - Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce stepped in with a bid for a player who he first admired during his time with Bolton.

Now Newcastle appear to be in the driving seat and the player's representatives feel a quick deal can be done, once the two clubs have agreed terms.

Pavel Zika revealed, one of Rozehnal's agents, that Newcastle had now made an approach to PSG.

"David's move is not clear yet, but the clubs have contacted each other," Zika told MF Dnes.

"If they reach an agreement, I am convinced that we will agree to for the player.

"In my opinion, everything is a matter of if just hours or days."

Newcastle are very hot in the transfer market at the moment, with deals for Joey Barton, Mark Viduka and Tal Ben Haim all looking likely to be completed this week.

Loving this close season so far!!!!

Slight update from Sky Sports Webs*ite...

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470509&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Magpies+close+on+Rozehnal

Newcastle United look to be closing in on the capture of Paris Saint Germain defender David Rozehnal.

The Czech Republic stopper was a target of Borussia Dortmund, but as skysports.com first revealed last week - Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce stepped in with a bid for a player who he first admired during his time with Bolton.

Now Newcastle appear to be in the driving seat and the player's representatives feel a quick deal can be done, once the two clubs have agreed terms.

Pavel Zika revealed, one of Rozehnal's agents, that Newcastle had now made an approach to PSG.

"David's move is not clear yet, but the clubs have contacted each other," Zika told MF Dnes.

"If they reach an agreement, I am convinced that we will agree to for the player.

"In my opinion, everything is a matter of if just hours or days."

Newcastle are very hot in the transfer market at the moment, with deals for Joey Barton, Mark Viduka and Tal Ben Haim all looking likely to be completed this week.

Loving this close season so far!!!!

Its simply been the best closeseason since i've cared about transfer dealings & managerial appointments.

Guest johnson293

Signing Joey Barton, Tal Ben Haim, David Rozenhal and Mark Viduka, by spending about £8m, within the first fortnight of the transfer window is jizz-worthy.

Could be virtually £0 net spend, if Parker goes for the first reported £8.5m!!!

Now that would be some wheeling and dealing!!!

Signing Joey Barton, Tal Ben Haim, David Rozenhal and Mark Viduka, by spending about £8m, within the first fortnight of the transfer window is jizz-worthy.

Just realised what ages they're all out too. 24, 25, 26, 31 respectively. Given how little we'll be spending on the 4, to get 4 players of those ages is fantastic. They're all proven players, 3 of whom are international regulars.

Guest elbee909

Esp. if they have a pre-season to get them gelling together, particularly where defence is concerned.

Guest teepee

Just realised what ages they're all out too. 24, 25, 26, 31 respectively. Given how little we'll be spending on the 4, to get 4 players of those ages is fantastic. They're all proven players, 3 of whom are international regulars.

i just fear that we end up paying overinflated wages for them instead of high transfer fees.

Already though, Taylor, Ben Haim & Rozenhal seems much stronger than Taylor, Bramble & Moore. I can't stand Ramage, but keep him as the 4th choice centre-back for this season, send Huntington & Edgar out on loan, then next summer dump Ramage and give whoever is the better of those two a longer contract to stay on as 4th choice.

Guest johnson293

i just fear that we end up paying overinflated wages for them instead of high transfer fees.

TBH, thats just a fact of life with free transfers/free agents these days.

Wages used to be lower due to the transfer fees - but now, agents are earning their clients (and themselves) a bigger wedge, because of the zero fee.

However, I dont think Sam is daft enough to go rediculously high, if he felt a player was only coming here for money, and not necessarily to play for him/the club.

Agreed, but I trust in Big Sam to not pay over the odds. We didn't resign Distin because of his wage demands and signing on fee, didn't we?

Roeder would still be going off to Rotterdam to have a look at Kuyt. I guess that's another plus point about Allardyce. He'd have already been scouting players for Bolton last season and will probably still have those in mind for Newcastle.

How long would it have taken Glenn Roeder to scout these players?  :idiot2: all summer?

I love the way big Sam is going about this.  :celb:

Indeed. Those 4, in my mind, are essential purchases. Get all those wrapped by the end of the week and we've still got the rest of June, the whole of July and the whole of August AND potentially, Ashley's money to buy more players.

Superb business.

Guest alex

How long would it have taken Glenn Roeder to scout these players?  :idiot2: all summer?

Would have took him all summer to 'step aside' and decide they weren't what he was looking for after all.

Guest johnson293

Would have took him all summer to 'step aside' and decide they weren't what he was looking for after all.

Then sign a striker he'd never scouted once, but was his top target all the time.

Just need some news on Sam's backroom staff now.

I'm sure they're working hard on it but it might be a case that the takeover business is interrupting/delaying things.

Aye, ye probably right. I'ts just that i'm an impatient get.  :frantic:

Guest DavB93

If we get these 4 it will be very positive but just wish we'd get them signed then I'll be over the move, the like other people say we've got all of july and august to get others in and hopefully with the Ashley millions.

To top it off it was reported earlier that SA is tryin to get rid of Carr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/deadreflection/stolen%20smilie%20folder/drool.gif

Where?

It wasnt much but it was in the journal.

Newcastle used Nolberto Solano as an emergency right-back last term, but Allardyce is unlikely to continue with that ploy, while he is also looking for buyers for Stephen Carr.