Mikel Arteta

SUPERTOON

I would rather like to see:

Tuncay/Duff-----Appiah-----Fernandes----Milner

Walking along, singing a song, walking in a Ikon wonderland!  O0

(Although its a good dream)

Guest graemeh72

Linked with West Ham in the papers.

Arteta -  would he be a good choice for our midfield.??

Hell yeah - excellent crosser of a ball - could hit a penny from 60 yards - probably

Sort of dead ball expert that Fat Sam would like

hoof

That team would not be impossible imo  ;) Not IF Sam gets a big transferkitty. Easier getting Fernandes than Arteta.

I simply would love to see that midfield for the toon.

Some people here are mentioning players like Berbatov and Diego. THAT is dreaming too much  :cheesy:

And someone like Diego would not be suited to play in a 4-4-2 system. Not in the premiership anyway. And how many have seen him play more than once or twice? He would fit in in a different system though. But he's out of our reach simply. And would cost a bomb.

Appiah and Fernandes in the middle could be immense. I really like Fernandes. Class player and will probably get better and better.

That team would not be impossible imo  ;) Not IF Sam gets a big transferkitty. Easier getting Fernandes than Arteta.

I simply would love to see that midfield for the toon.

Some people here are mentioning players like Berbatov and Diego. THAT is dreaming too much  :cheesy:

And someone like Diego would not be suited to play in a 4-4-2 system. Not in the premiership anyway.

Appiah and Fernandes in the middle could be immense. I really like Fernandes. Class player and will probably get better and better.

We should seriously look at Fernandes, but i dont think he's on the radar unfortunately.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Tuncay-Emre-Barton-Milner

My midfield would outclass that midfield over a season imo

I could say the same thing myself

Mint player, only cost Everton like £2m aswell.

If Rangers had the balls + cash they could of had Gattuso & Arteta bossing there midfield.

Naaa.

Gattuso was always going to move on, he was just too good to remain in Scotland for his career.

Just think of the quality difference between him and Scottish and Rangers legend, best player Scotland have, captain fan-dabby-dozy etc... Barry Ferguson.

PS: They could of possibly kept hold of Arteta since the lad plays for Everton and has no ambition to further his NT career.

Mint player, only cost Everton like £2m aswell.

If Rangers had the balls + cash they could of had Gattuso & Arteta bossing there midfield.

Naaa.

Gattuso was always going to move on, he was just too good to remain in Scotland for his career.

Just think of the quality difference between him and Scottish and Rangers legend, best player Scotland have, captain fan-dabby-dozy etc... Barry Ferguson.

Gattuso left as he wasn't getting a game and he never looked like he was going to turn out the player he did.  As for Arteta I think he surprised many at Everton as whilst at Rangers you could see the guy had class he used to go missing all too often and could not handle the physical side of the game.

But mine would only cost around £5m

If we have no real ambition and not going to put money for quality for now and the future then i do agree.

Who's the holding player? Teams would just walk straight through the center.

Look. I'm only trying to make a semi-realistic midfield. If we have as much money to spend as we think we have:

Tuncay

??                              Milner

Appiah

Who's the holding player? Teams would just walk straight through the center.

Look. I'm only trying to make a semi-realistic midfield. If we have as much money to spend as we think we have:

Tuncay

??                              Milner

Appiah

If you are going to play 4 in midfield with tuncay as an attacking midfielder then i do feel that Appiah will have some running to do  ;)