Don't tell me the score

Guest graemeh72

Guest graemeh72

Just watching the 1972 Euro Champ QF between W Germany and England on ESPN classics

so much time on the ball ....

ps beckenbaur is class!

Guest graemeh72

Quite why this game is on ESPN classic..... Classic nah

Even the missus just walked in and commented on how shit the football is

I've seen the 1955 FA Cup Final and the 1966 World Cup Final on DVD, and in general, technically, they were both sh*t matches.

Watching England in 1970 it's amazing how an English team could just keep possession and weren't treating the ball like a hot potato, they were so calm on the ball.

I've seen the 1955 FA Cup Final and the 1966 World Cup Final on DVD, and in general, technically, they were both sh*t matches.

Watching England in 1970 it's amazing how an English team could just keep possession and weren't treating the ball like a hot potato, they were so calm on the ball.

Easier when the game's played at basically walking tempo.

Guest fraser

At altitude in incredible heat.

Guest graemeh72

No its true

In the late 60's early 70's International was basically played in slow motion

At altitude in incredible heat.

I'm sure that was a contributing factor. I've only seen Brazil-England from that WC, tbf, and that was one of the slowest matches I've ever seen.

Discovered ESPN classics a while ago when it had our 7-1 win over spurs on, since then i've watched us beating Man Utd 5-0 and a 1 hour biography on KK. Also they have shown some quality test matches from the 90s including west indies superb comeback against Australia when they needed over 400 in their fourth innings!

What sky channel is it again? 442?

Aye it is.

One thing i always notice from older games is how shit were keepers in the pre-90's, don't look a patch on todays keepers, especially when you consider the ball didn't move and curl as much.

Damn, all they show on ESPN classic in the States is Toughmen competetions from 1985

"Here's Magnus "the Magnusator" ver Magnusson, set to lift a wheelbarrow full of smaller Scandinavian men, all of whom are also named Magnus.  You know, John, this event really puts a strain on the thigh and back muscles, the so called 'Magnus' group of muscles."