The Barton/Parker transfers - a sign of things to come?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Didn't Dyer start his career at RB for Ipswich and I agree with 2J one of his finest performances for us came at RB away to Villa. However I'd rather we didn't try and accommodate players in unnatural positions because we can't find a proper place for them in the team. That said it would be interesting to see how he would adapt to such a role and how the team would take shape with Dyer at RB. I say flog him though.

Didn't Dyer start his career at RB for Ipswich and I agree with 2J one of his finest performances for us came at RB away to Villa. However I'd rather we didn't try and accommodate players in unnatural positions because we can't find a proper place for them in the team. That said it would be interesting to see how he would adapt to such a role and how the team would take shape with Dyer at RB. I say flog him though.

Agree.

He ain't defence minded enough for me. I can't see him coming across when the ball is on the left or wining anything in the air. It would also limit his attacking output.

Dyer at RB at home against weaker teams could be a very good idea.

Teams tried to play deep cross-field passes over Nobby to exploit his height last year but he was excellent defensively with his head. Not sure Dyer gives you any sort of heading ability.

Nobby did get found out for pace, especially when caught out of positions. Dyer would suffer less from that. He probably also gives you better attacking options but his delivery isnt as good as Nobby'.

Teams tried to play deep cross-field passes over Nobby to exploit his height last year but he was excellent defensively with his head. Not sure Dyer gives you any sort of heading ability.

Nobby did get found out for pace, especially when caught out of positions. Dyer would suffer less from that. He probably also gives you better attacking options but his delivery isnt as good as Nobby'.

I'm not really sure that his pro's outweigh Nobby's pro's. No doubt he has pace to burn though.

Maybe the solution is signing a rightback such as Trabelsi who is on a free or Miguel.

That's what nicks it for me. With Nobby in a position like that, you're pretty much guaranateed an absolutely class ball atleast once in a match. Whether the striker on the end of it pulls it off, that's something different, but a quality attribute such as that is something that the likes of Nobby will never lose, regardless of 'legs'.

Also, Solano is far more organised a player than Dyer, which is crucial.

For me, Dyer is definitely one that i'd like to see stay and be tutored into something by Allardyce (has Dyer ever had a specific position for Newcastle?), but not a defender.

Dyer played there on his debut for england under keegan iirc.

Depends on the formation too. If we play 4-3-3 then its important to get the full backs up and down the pitch which would mean Dyer > Solano in that position.

Have to agree that Solano's delivery is a big plus, one of the few reasons to watch us last year at all (when he had a good game).

Guest NSMagpie

For me, Dyer is definitely one that i'd like to see stay and be tutored into something by Allardyce (has Dyer ever had a specific position for Newcastle?), but not a defender.

Having in mind his pace and dribbling ability, selecting Dyer as right back would be a waste.

If Allardyce doesn't get rid of him, he'll be playing in more offensive position, I suppose.

Having in mind his pace and dribbling ability, selecting Dyer as right back would be a waste.

If Allardyce doesn't get rid of him, he'll be playing in more offensive position, I suppose.

I didnt say either of those things....

Guest NSMagpie

So, agreeing with Yorkie-Geordie and you, in part concerning Dyer's team position, is unthinkable?  :)

Guest NSMagpie

So, agreeing with Yorkie-Geordie and you, in part concerning Dyer's team position, is unthinkable?  :)

I'm generally a bit put-out if me and YG agree on anything  :lol:

Sorry, won't happen again. ;)

But, as long as Dyer is not used/ wasted as a RB everything is fine, I guess.

(from .c.o.uk) This has probably been posted before but I liked what Sam had to say:

NEWCASTLE United manager Sam Allardyce has revealed that he is set to implement the same meticulous attention to detail that saw Bolton Wanderers transformed from second-tier also-rans to European contenders.

Big Sam settled into his St.James' Park hotseat on Monday as he sets about the task of imposing his mark on the club ahead of next season.

And the new United gaffer says that he will be taking in the first-half of games from a vantage point in the stands, using his now familiar ear-piece to communicate with coaching staff in the dugout.

The 52-year-old said: "I will have to check in the stand to see if I have got the right area to sit in without too many people listening in.

"The language can get a bit blue now and again, and I don't want to be upsetting any women or youngsters if they are around me."

"In the short term I will try to get upstairs in the first-half and oversee from there. We will have the right level of communication down to the bench and the right technology to use behind the scenes if I need to."

Allardyce and his Bolton team took a host of big scalps during his eight years at the Lancashire club, and he is adamant that the techniques he used to bring about so much success at the Reebok will again be used to full advantage at Gallowgate.

"Part of my life as coach, not just as a manager, is to be tactically aware and able to suss out opposition," he added.

"You have to use what resources you have to combat the opposition, even if they have bigger and better resources than you. We spend a lot of time planning how we will play against teams."

"We might play the same system as they do but sometimes in a different way. That will be to really nullify the opposition's strengths and expose their weaknesses. That's what I am all about."

"Look at me, my names HTT, no fucker reads my posts because they're so f****** long. I like to think that my posts are GREAT, and think everyones bumfucks me for writing something meaningful, but I ignore the fact that I'm really being bumfucked because I have the power. I'm a little bit like Alan Oliver and like to force my own ideas onto others. That is why I bummed Ottmar Hitzfeld so much and campaig"

:clap:

Agreed.

And what exactly are you agreeing with?

I'm generally a bit put-out if me and YG agree on anything  :lol:

Yawn.

"Look at me, my names HTT, no fucker reads my posts because they're so f****** long. I like to think that my posts are GREAT, and think everyones bumfucks me for writing something meaningful, but I ignore the fact that I'm really being bumfucked because I have the power. I'm a little bit like Alan Oliver and like to force my own ideas onto others. That is why I bummed Ottmar Hitzfeld so much and campaig"

:clap:

Agreed.

And what exactly are you agreeing with?

The content of your post, at a guess. ;)