Things I'd like to see done at the new look Newcastle:

James

1. Improved set-pieces

This has been a bug bear the last couple of seasons in that we often just waste them. We need to get players behind the ball that can issue a good delivery, and we need to organise everyone such that playersare in the right positions to receive the ball. Make the opposition scared to foul you, suchthat they make mistakes. By improving set pieces, we will also learn how to defend against them. We may have to splash out on someone here, and probably the role I'd pay £10m+ for rather than in other positions.

2. Get Steven Taylor more involved in the final third

Looking at Taylor for the under-21's and Newcastle, it is clear that if you get Taylor on the ball in the eighteen yard box, he will hit the target with head or feet. I'd say that John Terry is more important for Chelsea because of his goalscoring ability rather than his defensive ability which in my opinion could have been bettered with Chelsea's billions. Taylor could become a very effective 'extra striker' at set pieces, if we solve point 1, and this could lead to a huge points increase.

3. Attack when we are defending corners.

They say that the best form of attack is defence. Unless they are ahead, Chelsea do not pile their whole team into defending corners. That just lets the opposition come at you. Instead, they leave three players further forward, and the opposition generally keep 4 back. That means that there are less playersto attack you, and more players to attack them. With the pace of Martins, Dyer, and Owen, we could recreate the Chelsea fear factor.

Guest nufc 4 life

Lots weren't looking forward to Allardyce's focus on set pieces.

I fucking am, ours have been diabolical for years.

This. I was delgihted when SA joined and one of the reasons was this point

Guest nufc 4 life

Where did Allardyce say he wanted to concentrate on set-pieces? Quote?

Set pieces have always been high up on SA priorities

I meant more the fact that many fans and media like to think he specifically concentrates on them, within the style of football Bolton played.

I meant more the fact that many fans and media like to think he specifically concentrates on them, within the style of football Bolton played.

Shush you, I was talking to nufc 4 life. He's the king when it comes to quote finding.

Guest teepee

I f****** am, ours have been diabolical for years.

especially the delivery - how fuckin hard can it be?

Guest nufc 4 life

I'm still waiting for him to find Giuly's header per tackle ratio mind. He's slipping up.

i love this guy (non-homersexual way of course)

I love the second one down on the left in that diagram. I can't wait to see him curl a ball in like that!

Wouldn't hold your breath...I think its more likely diagram is the "what to do when Barton drops it straight onto the defender at the front post's head - again" tactic. Emretastic. :jesuswept: :laugh:

Guest alex

I fucking am, ours have been diabolical for years.

Totally agree. We've said it for years where we sit. Our own throw-ins in particular are shocking, not that our defending of corners etc. isn't too, but we almost always seem to concede possession straight away from them. It's elementary stuff too.

I love the second one down on the left in that diagram. I can't wait to see him curl a ball in like that!

I think there is a one-two with Darius Vassell involved there.

Guest elbee909

I'd like to see us properly sponsoring set-ups across the region like Wallsend Boys Club, really.  To think, just a smidgeon of investment in these could reap dividends and even if it just gets more people playing, got to be a good thing.

brightening up SJP,loads of big grey slabs outside the stadium and the staircases could do with something.

as your walking to the gallowgate from the city centre there is nothing to say "newcastle united" the outside of the gallowgate should  proclaim who we are as this is the way most people arrive at SJP(could be done on the leazes aswell.

brightening up SJP,loads of big grey slabs outside the stadium and the staircases could do with something.

as your walking to the gallowgate from the city centre there is nothing to say "newcastle united" the outside of the gallowgate should  proclaim who we are as this is the way most people arrive at SJP(could be done on the leazes aswell.

I was thinking Magnolia!  :tongue:

Could not agree more, that is exactly what I have been thinking needs doing.  Also, what about these two statues??

Wouldn't hold your breath...I think its more likely diagram is the "what to do when Barton drops it straight onto the defender at the front post's head - again" tactic. Emretastic. :jesuswept: :laugh:

Have to say I hope Barton doesn't get close to taking the kicks going on his time at City, but then we only really have Emre and Solano as alternatives at the mo and who knows whether they will be here or starting come the new season.