Kieron Dyer....

Guest TheOrder

Guest TheOrder

Should be fucking begging Sam to let him stay. The only way is down for him, fact.

Can't believe we're asking him to 'condider staying'. As if he's doing us a favour, ffs. :rant:

Guest LeoStett

Ah the man Graeme Souness planned to build his team around.

Mick take that like, that were asking him to consider it

Allardyce sees him as someone who he'd like to have on the team, so in that case he's got every right to ask him to stay with him.

I hope he stays too. I'd like to see Allardyce try and develop him.

Allardyce sees him as someone who he'd like to have on the team, so in that case he's got every right to ask him to stay with him.

:thup: :thup:

Guest TheOrder

Deve

He's nearing 30 ffs. Develop him?

So you're saying you want us to persuade him to stay? Persuade Kieron Dyer to stay at Newcastle?

Fuck off. Theres better out there, at a fraction of his wages.

Guest MrSundlofer

Develop him. Yes. To help Dyer find new ways in his game. New position, new instructions....? Just make the best out of Dyer.

He's nearing 30 ffs. Develop him?

So you're saying you want us to persuade him to stay? Persuade Kieron Dyer to stay at Newcastle?

Fuck off. Theres better out there, at a fraction of his wages.

If Allardyce sees him as someone who he wants in his team, then of course! Of course he should pursuade him to say. Would be the case with any other member of the squad. If Allardyce sees Peter Ramage as a player he wants in his squad, then it's up to him to pursuade Ramage to say. He's got the right.

Difference between Ramage and Dyer, is that i'd like to see Dyer stay aswell. But the manager's got the right to talk say that to anyone he wants.

Dyer's a good player. He was shit, God-awful towards the end of last season, but anyone who says that the revitalising period of November/December/January, where we subsequently got plenty of good results and Martins came on in leaps and bounds - was nothing to do with Dyer - is lying. He's a decent player and i think he could do well under Allardyce.

Guest LucaAltieri

I agree we should be telling him to get his bags packed... but even ignoring that, didn't he just sign a new deal last year? What makes him think he could go anywhere? Don't see anyone banging down the door to sign him.

Guest TheOrder

No thanks. I didnt question Allardyces 'right' to do anything. I'm just struggling to understand why we would be pleading with the runt to stay.

Fuck off to West Ham, Dyer. Anywhere else. Shouldn't be on more that 15k a week, max.

If we want a decent squad with depth, then we should hang onto the likes of Dyer. Selling him would mean another hole to fill, that isn't necassary. That's the bottom line, for me.

And before anyone comes out with the inevitable "85 gazillion a week for a squad player is a lot" ... he's a decent, versatile player - it's not as if he wouldn't be playing.

He's 28, supposedly in his prime. A bit of heading in the right direction under a decent coach would be highly profitable. He's hardly over-the-hill, which is what you made out earlier.

Guest TheOrder

If we want a decent squad with depth, then we should hang onto the likes of Dyer. Selling him would mean another hole to fill, that isn't necassary. That's the bottom line, for me.

And before anyone comes out with the inevitable "85 gazillion a week for a squad player is a lot" ... he's a decent, versatile player - it's not as if he wouldn't be playing.

He's 28, supposedly in his prime. A bit of heading in the right direction under a decent coach would be highly profitable. He's hardly over-the-hill, which is what you made out earlier.

Over the hill? I said nearing thirty. Which is true? Fuck sake.

Here man. He's a twat. Always will be. Doesn't warrant to be at a club like Newcastle.

I don't understand all the vitriol directed towards Dyer, seems to be just because he's paid a lot - which applies to 100% of PL players.

I'll admit he hasn't set the world alight, or maybe lived up to his potential completely, but he's putting together a good spell of fitness and I think he'll be an asset to the squad next season.

It's mad to suggest Sam is 'pleading' - all he says is he explained his vision and wanted Dyer's buy-in. Very sensible management.

Guest alex

I don't understand all the vitriol directed towards Dyer, seems to be just because he's paid a lot - which applies to 100% of PL players.

I'll admit he hasn't set the world alight, or maybe lived up to his potential completely, but he's putting together a good spell of fitness and I think he'll be an asset to the squad next season.

It's mad to suggest Sam is 'pleading' - all he says is he explained his vision and wanted Dyer's buy-in. Very sensible management.

Sensible post.

Over the hill? I said nearing thirty. Which is true? Fuck sake.

Here man. He's a twat. Always will be. Doesn't warrant to be at a club like Newcastle.

I phrased that incorrectly. ;)  You interpreted that Dyer was beyond development when i suggested, because he was nearly thirty. If that wasn't the case, if you don't believe he is beyond devlopment, then why make the point about his age?

I'd be keen on him staying, unless a good bid came in. Anything less than £4m though, and i'd turn them down, because it's not worth it for me.

Guest TheOrder

The gist of the thead Ian, was that he should be busting a gut to prove to NUFC that he's 100% dedicated. After all the shit that he's put the club through, after all the injuries we've helped him through, there should be no question marks over his future, unless we were willing to let him go.

The fact that he's getting itchy feet smacks of disrespect for the staff/supporters that have helped him through it.

Guest TheOrder

Someone needs to tell you "THIS IS A STUPID THREAD"...I've just done so

Thanks. How very grown up of you.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the boy has some talent, but from time to time just can't be arsed to pass the ball to someone in his own team. He's let the club and the fans down too many times.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the boy has some talent, but from time to time just can't be arsed to pass the ball to someone in his own team. He's let the club and the fans down too many times.

I think he stopped making that mistake after Bowyer had a word with him :lol: