Spurs sold too!

womblemaster

"LONDON (Reuters) - Entrepreneur Alan Sugar has sold his stake in Premier League soccer club Tottenham Hotspur for 25 million pounds to sports and media group ENIC International.

"

more...

" Tottenham Hotspur PLC's leading shareholder ENIC Ltd is set to launch a full offer for the Premiership football club after agreeing an option deal which values the club at 209.5 mln stg.

ENIC, which is owned by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, has entered into an agreement with Amshold under which it has been granted a call option to buy 13.6 mln Tottenham Hotspur shares from Amshold on July 2 at a price of 113.6 pence per share."

:o

Guest elbee909

I'm surprised that Spurs is more valuable than Newcastle!

Do they own their ground?  If so property prices might have something to do with it.

Guest meursault1

just as well ashley is committed to us now....he has links with spuds

yeah that was a near miss for us

Guest Geordiesned

Hasn't MJ been saying for ages how Levy is looking to sell his shares?

Levy is part of the ENIC International group apparently.

I'm surprised that Spurs is more valuable than Newcastle!

Take in to account whoever bought us was buying £100m of debt so our true value (obviously) is more than theirs.

They aren't being sold, not as in a takeover anyway.  This is just there current chairman and majority shareholder (Daniel Levy) buying some more shares and probably looking to own the club completely.  But he already runs the club anyway so...

PLCs are valued by market capitalisation by definition.

They are not a true reflection of the value of a company. A cursory knowledge of stock prices on the NASDAQ in 1999 would teach you all you need to know about market cap and value.

Hasn't MJ been saying for ages how Levy is looking to sell his shares?

Yes I have.  I still think he will as soon as he gets an offer which is acceptable to him.  In the meantime Enic seem to be hoovering up all the shares they can get at deflated prices.  The sale of Sir Alan Sugar's share was at an an agreed price of 113.6, the share price prior to the announcement was near to 140p.  On top of that Enic underwrote a rights issue and are obliged to buy all the options that were not taken up in September/October.  That, on top of today's announcement would almost certainly take Enic's holding well over 70%.

The are still announcements to be made regarding the new Academy and the renovation of WHL, but when those are done at (or just prior) to the AGM, that's when I think Enic would be likely to sell.  In addition to the talk of the Russian oligarch I've spoken about previously, there's also talk of 2 Americans who are interested and the latest name to crop up is John Fredriksen, a Norwegian shipping magnate.  It was in the Mail today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=460481&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

though there have been denials since then.  Freddie Shepherd said that there wouldn't be any takeover of Newcastle either!  There may be some truth to it or it may be another name plucked out of the Forbes richlist, but his 2 daughters who live in London do go to WHL.  Whatever the truth, I still expect Enic to have sold by the end of the year.

Martin Jol will be able to give us the lowdown anyway. Personally I can't wait.

My sister was sitting in with Daniel the other day, and he announced they were expecting visitors.  Who walks in?  It was only Bill Gates, I tried to get my son to post it on here, but he's been in between his University at Cambridge today, and a MENSA meeting which he was chairing so he didn't have time.  I would've posted it myself but I've been having discussions with Alan about a multi-million dollar property deal in Dubai. 

To cut to the chase, Mr Gates will be putting a formal offer to the clubs board next week, and his representatives have had preliminary discussions with Felipe Scolari who is receptive to managing Spurs, they've also spoken with Kaka's agent who is adamant he'll sign for Spurs on a £40,000 a week contract, as he appreciates how important the wage ceiling is to this great club.

Martin Jol will be able to give us the lowdown anyway. Personally I can't wait.

My sister was sitting in with Daniel the other day, and he announced they were expecting visitors.  Who walks in?  It was only Bill Gates, I tried to get my son to post it on here, but he's been in between his University at Cambridge today, and a MENSA meeting which he was chairing so he didn't have time.  I would've posted it myself but I've been having discussions with Alan about a multi-million dollar property deal in Dubai. 

To cut to the chase, Mr Gates will be putting a formal offer to the clubs board next week, and his representatives have had preliminary discussions with Felipe Scolari who is receptive to managing Spurs, they've also spoken with Kaka's agent who is adamant he'll sign for Spurs on a £40,000 a week contract, as he appreciates how important the wage ceiling is to this great club.

I'm splitting my sides with laughter......... :rolleyes:

if you're going to fabricate my quotes, you could at least make them plausible.