Tuncay apparently signs for Boro

KaKa

Anyone else slightly concerned that, according to The Times, we're battling Birmingham City for this world-class superstar who just so happens to be available for nothing? If he's that good/highly rated, what haven't the cream of Europe tied him up?

Perhaps he's just a good player, rather than the footballing god he's made out to be? Just a hunch.  :rolleyes:

Seems like we were battling West Ham for Viduka, Pompey had quite a free run for Campbell, no real interest in Ben Haim etc... :D

I agree though, he is just a good player and won't come over here as the turkish Ronaldinho :)

Guest TheOrder

Does this thread title need three exclamation marks?

Do you need three pictures of Allardyce in your avatar thingy?

Whats that got to do with punctuation?

Anyone else slightly concerned that, according to The Times, we're battling Birmingham City for this world-class superstar who just so happens to be available for nothing? If he's that good/highly rated, what haven't the cream of Europe tied him up?

Perhaps he's just a good player, rather than the footballing god he's made out to be? Just a hunch.  :rolleyes:

Seems like we were battling West Ham for Viduka, Pompey had quite a free run for Campbell, no real interest in Ben Haim etc... :D

I agree though, he is just a good player and won't come over here as the turkish Ronaldinho :)

It wouldn't be a bad bit of business if Owen left and he was replaced by Sanli. Would be very shrewd.

Martins, Viduka, Sanli and Shola is still pretty sexy, and we would have an extra £9 million or so in the kitty.

Guest TheOrder

:lol:

I can't win.

It doesn't need any though Dave!

I dunno ... what does Penny's boat have to do with Newcastle or football?

It wouldn't be a bad bit of business if Owen left and he was replaced by Sanli. Would be very shrewd.

Martins, Viduka, Sanli and Shola is still pretty sexy, and we would have an extra £9 million or so in the kitty.

i still think that if martins or owen leaves we might go back for bellamy. dont know why just think we will.

a list of bellamy martins viduka shola and sanli would be great imo

Guest TheOrder

For fucks sake. Here man, stop making thread titles appear as if they've been done by an over-excited autistic foreigner.

Good player, but just a point that needs to be made. That hat trick against ManU was meaningless. ManU had already qualified for the next phase iirc, had thrashed them in the first meeting at Old Trafford when Rooney made his debut and bagged a couple of goals, and effectively played thier B side with a few reserves that came out without any real ambition to win the game - ie, just a runout.

For fucks sake. Here man, stop making thread titles appear as if they've been done by an over-excited autistic foreigner.

Okay I will ... as soon as you stop making avatar thingys appear as though they've been done by a horny geek that wants to bum Allardyce.

Hehe wasn't there a lad on here a while ago who basically had Tuncay's CV in his sig? He was funny.

I bet he's probably just died in excitement from lookin' at the thread title alone (AND IT's 3 EXCLAMATION MARKS ZOMG!)

Guest TheOrder

What's he (and Nihat before that) done that merits the hype?

t

Well I've seen a fair bit of Nihat in the past. Quick, hell of a shot on him. Although, as Baggio stated, he's gone all 'Forsell'

Sanli has been touted on here a few times before, so I've looked him up, but not seen enough of him to pass judgement, apart fom he always signs for Liverpool on FM :)

So much for just Newcastle and Birmingham chasing him ... I wonder if some of you pessimists change your tone now.

Real Madrid Watching Tuncay Şanli Closely

Real Madrid will send scouts to watch the Turkish derby encounter between Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe this weekend to monitor talented midfielder Tuncay Şanli.

The Spanish giants may be embroiled in a battle for the title with FC Barcelona, but that has not stopped them laying the groundwork for next season.

Şanli has been on Madrid's radar throughout this season as the 25-year-old has continued to impress for Fenerbahçe and Turkey since moving from Sakaryaspor five years ago.

With his contract expiring at the end of the season after he rejected a new deal, Madrid could be ready to make their move and snap him up on a free.

Villarreal and Olympiacos are also said to be monitoring the situation, but the Bernabéu-based outfit would, undoubtedly, have the upper hand in any negotiations.

After being instrumental in helping Fenerbahçe win the Turkish Super League this season, the club were desperate to tie Şanli to a new contract, but could well admit defeat if Madrid come in for him.

Şanli can operate on the left wing, as an attacking midfielder or even as a forward and that versatility has attracted the Spanish outfit as they look to send José Antonio Reyes back to Arsenal in the summer.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=305896

Nihat had one very good season (alongside Kovacevic the year they nearly won the league), hasn't pulled up many trees apart from that. Tuncay is a good player but not exactly a world-beater is he?

Thats why he's linked with us, not Manchester.