Allardyce interested in Luke Young ... Barton deal could fall through

KaKa

Barton's a cnut..we all know it...just showing his spots now...if we have any sense, we'll recognise the disloyal, moneygrabbing, toxteth tawt and drop our offer faster than Michael Jakson tries to drop his kids!

Huyton tbh.

Rod Little is a dreadful, dreadful twat, and best ignored.

Totally agree. What an odious wanker he is. I like the Sunday Times but his column in the sport section is appalling. He's basically a WUM. Hates the toon. He was brought up on Smogside and has family there which explains a lot ;) I rate Luke Young btw.

Need a left back more than a right back tbh. What is it with this club and their inability to sign a decent f****** left back!

It's starting to piss me off now!  :rant:

It's June ffs.

Guest johnson293

Rod Little is a dreadful, dreadful t***, and best ignored.

didn't realise it was by him, suddenly it all makes perfect sense. bloke who i don't even think is interested in football twisting his miniscule knowledge of the game into misinformed, grotesque vignettes.

Though wiki claims he is a Millwall supporter, he was brought up in Nunthorpe, Teesside - sums up that particular article, and any artcicl he writes about Newcastle United

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Liddle

Rod Little is a dreadful, dreadful t***, and best ignored.

didn't realise it was by him, suddenly it all makes perfect sense. bloke who i don't even think is interested in football twisting his miniscule knowledge of the game into misinformed, grotesque vignettes.

Though wiki claims he is a Millwall supporter, he was brought up in Nunthorpe, Teesside - sums up that particular article, and any artcicl he writes about Newcastle United

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Liddle

He is a Millwall fan. He's always having a pop at us though.

Guest Guinness

I can't believe this City payment is holding the Barton deal up so much, if he wants the move so badly why doesn't he just drop his demands? That club has done a hell of a lot for him, I'd have thought he'd have just let it drop, it's not as if he won't be earning enough to make it up.

As for Luke Young, I'd take him. He's a solid enough player and could add some much needed depth to the back line.

Elsewhere on Timesonline:

Meanwhile, Mark Viduka – that personification of the modern club player, a remarkably skilful individual who chooses to put himself out and run about a bit only when faced with the sort of opposition he believes to be commensurate with his immense talents – is on his way to that Theatre of Perpetually Buggered Dreams, St James’ Park. Where he will be enjoined by Sam Allardyce to form a striking partnership with that other mercenary Obafemi Martins. A partnership: now let’s think about that for a moment. Have either of these players, throughout their careers, been able to form successful partnerships with anyone other than their accountants? Or shown the slightest wish so to do? There is no great surprise or displeasure among the Boro fans at the departure of the great Australian pie-bucket, despite the fact that he scored a lot of goals for them last time out and their side will probably struggle next season and be fortunate to stay up, in the end.

At least, with Mark Viduka, you cannot even kid yourself about such stuff as loyalty; he has never remotely pretended to have any.

Seems a bit harsh on you Oba

Link:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/rod_liddle/article1909839.ece

2 pathetic articles in one day.

Who buys such shite ?

I'd rather we dropped the deal than be forced into paying 300k to that twat. we've been saying for years now that the character of the player is just as important as what he does on the pitch. Was that just hot air?

I'd rather we dropped the deal than be forced into paying 300k to that twat. we've been saying for years now that the character of the player is just as important as what he does on the pitch. Was that just hot air?

We wouldn't be paying £300k, City would.

'One means of breaking the impasse might be if Newcastle paid the £300,000 but they are already committed to paying Barton £16m over five years, having agreed to triple the player’s City salary.'

I'd rather we dropped the deal than be forced into paying 300k to that t***. we've been saying for years now that the character of the player is just as important as what he does on the pitch. Was that just hot air?

'One means of breaking the impasse might be if Newcastle paid the £300,000 but they are already committed to paying Barton £16m over five years, having agreed to triple the players City salary.'

It's fucking £300,000. He's already got triple the salary, you're advisors are there for a reason Barton, listen to them and get over it; you're already gonna get £16m off us if you stay out your contract. Greedy bastard

Honestly, who gives a toss? We need bother like this like we need a hole in the head. Tell the twat to fuck off and enjoy his glorious career at the Hammers. He's a good player for the price, but his baggage could be costly in the long-run.

'One means of breaking the impasse might be if Newcastle paid the £300,000 but they are already committed to paying Barton £16m over five years, having agreed to triple the players City salary.'

Sorry I didn't read the full article :lol:

Sorry I didn't read the full article :lol:

Slacker!