Citeh look knacked!

Crumpy Gunt

He won't get any hooneymoon period whatsoever. They were already trying to stick the knife in in that press conference. But that won't count for owt on the pitch and the fans are largely behind him. Siege mentality.  :thup:

Getting the feeling theres soon going  to be a change in the old "league within a league" theory. Used to be Champions League + 10 + shite, could soon be Bajillionaires + Paupers. Be interesting to see how this all pans out.

He won't get any hooneymoon period whatsoever. They were already trying to stick the knife in in that press conference. But that won't count for owt on the pitch and the fans are largely behind him. Siege mentality.  :thup:

Getting the feeling theres soon going  to be a change in the old "league within a league" theory. Used to be Champions League + 10 + shite, could soon be Bajillionaires + Paupers. Be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Oh Christ! I didn't see the press conference but that doesn't sound good for Sven like.  :rolleyes:

Said from the beginning City should get Sven. Thought we should have done actually. Think he's going to do very well there. When you think that for the last 6 years (bar last year), he's scouted England and Europe every week of the year looking at England and opposition players, I don't think there's a better man out there to get players in.

Said from the beginning City should get Sven. Thought we should have done actually. Think he's going to do very well there. When you think that for the last 6 years (bar last year), he's scouted England and Europe every week of the year looking at England and opposition players, I don't think there's a better man out there to get players in.

Be nice to think that. But the price for English players is obscene, I'd prefer to do most of our shopping in Italy, Germany, France, etc given how many players we need - Reportedly he wants to bring in 10 players and has £50m to do it with. Never going to happen if we're looking at english players. Don't know how many games he's seen from abroad in recent years tho. He always seemed to be in the crowd in premiership games, hopefully he had his head turned by some hidden gems playing for FC Dinamo Whodjamacallit when they played Liverpool in the Champions League or whatever. He said he's been out of the country for most of the past year, wonder if he's taken many games in...

And who knows Spec, he might give Danny Mills a second chance. ;)

And pigs might fly :laugh:

Related note: We've been trying to get rid of him for over a year. Willing to give him away, for absolutely nowt. But he's still here, been at pre-season training this week. Don't think there's much of a market for right backs at the moment...Don't count your chickens on getting rid of Carr, no matter what Sam wants  :kasper:

Didn't Dr Spectrum call Steve McClaren "Sven mark2" a few months back? ???

Sounds like something I might have said. No going to pretend I think Sven is the best manager in the world or that I wanted him in the England job. But in comparison to Pearce, and some of the muppets linked with the job like Souness? I'm fucking delighted. He's got my full support.

I remember a couple of months back me saying he'd do a good job and he was against it preferring Ranieri. :lol:

Uh huh. Remember the thread in the aftermath of Pearce's sacking (:celb:)

Ranieri was always my #1 choice. Thaksin's #1 choice too. But we ain't Juve.

I remember being against it initially due to the amount of baggage he has. Didn't think he would have much support from the masses due to percieved England failings but I was wrong - Manchester Evening News website poll showed overwhelming support. And the national media being ready to stick the knife in, but there has been so much shite about the takeover I dont really care about that anymore. I'll put that all behind me now. Sven Goran Eriksson, tralalalala :laugh:

Like i said, without Grip the man is a failure.

The brains of the outfit has come, Citeh should do well.

I'd have liked to see Sven without him, but i think he'd of struggled too much and knows he had to bring him in from the off.

PS: Good luck to them, although not too much luck, lets hope its a £15m Owen he's after, i can smell the money!

Guest Dr. Pongle

Top, top appointment. City have got a right coup in Eriksson. Still horrible bastards, though.

If the chip wrappers are to be believed, David Platt will be his #2. He's about as welcome as the ebola virus. Also quite a strong link to Toulouse/Sweden striker Johan Elmander. Never seen him meself, looks great on youtube obviously, pretty big and pretty quick, but he's no got a great goalscoring record, anyone know owt about him...? Got what it takes to play in the premiership...?

Guest Johan

<-- That would be Johan Elmander. Great player, only started banging in the goals lately. Can play in a number of positions, as a striker, a lone striker, winger and AM. Fast, strong, great runner, smart, professional and likable. Great signing if you would get him and I also think he and Andreas Isaksson are good friends.

Thankfully it seems like there's nowt to the stories linking David Platt with the #2 job...Swedish bloke called Hans Backe been spotted at the training ground today, looks like its going to be him. Don't know owt about him other than what Wiki says...sacked as Panathanikos manager after 2 games! Jeebus H.  :kasper:

Re; Elmander. Apparently Lyon had £7m knocked back but Sven seems to be interested...

"Without you writing that Elmander is a City player I can say that he is a very good striker," said Eriksson.

"He has had a tremendous development during the last one, two years and is a proven international.

"Elmander is a very interesting player, but that does not mean that he will play for the Blues next season."

Smoke and mirrors? Or genuine non-interest? Who knows. But £8m minimum apparently, no sure he's worth that much looking at goalscoring record...?

I've always wanted City to do better than they have done. Stems down to the fact I grew up hating Man Utd I guess, hehe and I've always wanted the 2 clubs to be a lot more balanced then they have been.

Man Utd have always had the press in Manchester but now hopefully City will spring a few surprises in the near future. Beating Man Utd a few times would put the fans faith right back in their team and move them forward. As long as they don't beat us in the league this season, I hope they stay in the top half of the table and fend off the crappy fulhams/villas/pompeys  :razz: