Linked with Danny Murphy ...

KaKa

Guest kingdawson

Finally, Newcastle are planning a dressing-room extension to accommodate Tal Ben Haim, Sami Hyypia, Paris Saint-Germain laughing stock David Rozehnal, casual Marseille full-back Habib Beye, Spurs blast from the past Danny Murphy, and Big Sam's big plans.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/index/0,,2101018,00.html

I have always had a major regard for Danny Murphy and cannot for the life of me understand why Spurs do not use him.

Cos he's always injured?

Plus, he's past it. I'd rather have Speed.

That and:

1) He's shite

2) Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone, Tainio and possibly Ghaly >>>>>>>>> Murphy

3) He's shite

4) He's  shite

and finally..................

HE'S SHITE

Why do people on here still think Jenas is shit btw?

I couldn't stand him here, he was absolutely God awful, and i was loving it when we sold him for £7/8/9m or whatever the hell it was. But is there really any mistaking that he's a key player for Spurs?

Guest kingdawson

Why do people on here still think Jenas is s*** btw?

I couldn't stand him here, he was absolutely God awful, and i was loving it when we sold him for £7/8/9m or whatever the hell it was. But is there really any mistaking that he's a key player for Spurs?

Was gonna post more or less the exact same thing but didnt want to hijack the thread. Anyone who cant see that Jenas has improved as a player since joining us is massively deluded.

:lol: You bunch off fools :lol:

:lol: This is a regular Guardian JOKE column :lol:

actually is's not pal, it's a column where they compile the rumours from other places/papers and put them together in a humourous fashion

if you look around the rumour will exist somewhere

very different from a joke column

The humour starts after the mention of Beye (if you exclude the laughing stock and casual comments that have already caused a stir amongst some, including yourself).

There is no mention of Murphy anywhere, he is just part of the joke.

if you're telling me you've scoured the world and can find no mention of murphy then i'll defer but as someone who's read that site day in day out since about '99 or whenever i first found it then i'll stick to my guns...

Finally, Newcastle are planning a dressing-room extension to accommodate Tal Ben Haim, Sami Hyypia, Paris Saint-Germain laughing stock David Rozehnal, casual Marseille full-back Habib Beye, Spurs blast from the past Danny Murphy, and Big Sam's big plans.

I have always had a major regard for Danny Murphy and cannot for the life of me understand why Spurs do not use him.

Cos he's always injured?

That and:

1) He's s****

3) He's s****

4) He's  s****

HE'S s****

No way will I accept that Murphy is shit as you say. He is just one of those guys that has to know he is playing every week in order to be effective. If he comes off the bench or only gets the odd appearance here and there then yeah he does tend to look poor.

You only have to look at the performances he put in at Charlton. People where calling for him to be back in the England squad! It's a shame this has all been forgotten because of what has happened at Spurs.

Murphy would certainly be a good squad player. Not really strong enough to get you right to the top though.

He's not the only player that's got a bit lost at Spurs. I was thinking of Defoe as well.

Cos he's always injured?

That and:

1) He's s****

3) He's s****

4) He's  s****

HE'S s****

No way will I accept that Murphy is s*** as you say. He is just one of those guys that has to know he is playing every week in order to be effective. If he comes off the bench or only gets the odd appearance here and there then yeah he does tend to look poor.

You only have to look at the performances he put in at Charlton. People where calling for him to be back in the England squad! It's a shame this has all been forgotten because of what has happened at Spurs.

all of that granted, surely you think we should be aiming for better?

Murphy would certainly be a good squad player. Not really strong enough to get you right to the top though.

He's not the only player that's got a bit lost at Spurs. I was thinking of Defoe as well.

Defoe had a class season goalscoring-wise, though.

Guest kingdawson

Cos he's always injured?

That and:

1) He's s****

3) He's s****

4) He's  s****

HE'S s****

No way will I accept that Murphy is s*** as you say. He is just one of those guys that has to know he is playing every week in order to be effective. If he comes off the bench or only gets the odd appearance here and there then yeah he does tend to look poor.

Ok its very simple. If Allardyce is planning a 4-4-2 formation for the forthcomming season then Murphy is probably the worst signing you can make. 4-5-1 and you MAY have got yourself a useful player.

Was gonna post more or less the exact same thing but didnt want to hijack the thread. Anyone who cant see that Jenas has improved as a player since joining us is massively deluded.

still massively overrated though which i think is the problem ie. the constant England call ups despite him never concievably(sp?) going to play, etc.

You only get the odd football article in The Guardian that isn't a joke tbh. I think this one is meant to be though.

Guest kingdawson

still massively overrated though which i think is the problem ie. the constant England call ups despite him never concievably(sp?) going to play, etc.

But other then Gerrard and Lamplard there's not really another English centre midfielder like him who is able to score goals and do hes fair share defensively. Name another midfielder who is energetic and scores a decent amount of goals?

Guest Johan

But other then Gerrard and Lamplard there's not really another English centre midfielder like him who is able to score goals and do hes fair share defensively. Name another midfielder who is energetic and scores a decent amount of goals?

Barton? :)

Joey Barton

Kevin Nolan (ok he didn't have such a good season last season)

Guest kingdawson

Joey Barton

I would have Barton in the England squad as i think he's the closest thing this country's got to Gerrard in terms of he's all round game. It makes me laugh the amount of people who claim Jenas is overrated yet have the audacity to name Nolan as a good player. Imo he is by far the most overrated pile of steaming crap there is and even Bolton fans dont want him in their team.

Joey Barton

I would have Barton in the England squad as i think he's the closest thing this country's got to Gerrard in terms of he's all round game. It makes me laugh the amount of people who claim Jenas is overrated yet have the audacity to name Nolan as a good player. Imo he is by far the most overrated pile of steaming crap there is and even Bolton fans dont want him in their team.

On the basis of one bad season? He's scored 8+ league goals in 3 of the last 6 seasons. He obviously needs to be more consistent and do it every season, but its certainly not a bad record.

Cos he's always injured?

That and:

1) He's s****

3) He's s****

4) He's  s****

HE'S s****

Ok its very simple. If Allardyce is planning a 4-4-2 formation for the forthcomming season then Murphy is probably the worst signing you can make. 4-5-1 and you MAY have got yourself a useful player.

I agree and I said this in my very first post. This is the key thing about Murphy I've always thought that in a 4-3-3 system playing as an attacking midfielder he is really productive and a very good player. He can create and score goals in this position. Some of the things he did at Charlton in the 4-3-3 were awesome.

In a 4-2-2 without as much freedom he certainly isn't the same player.

Murphy is so underrated it's untrue.

I love Gareth Barry in the centre of midfield. Not only do i prefer him to Jenas in this position, but I actually prefer him to Lampard!!!

I'm a big Barry fan. I can't for the life of me understand who though the should be a left back with the skill set he has. I hope O'neill keeps him in midfield all of next season. Then I will be proved right!

I still can't work out if this Murphy to Newcastle thing is a windup or not.  First instinct is to say it is, but some of the folks here seem quite keen on the idea.

Murphy hasn't been a success at Spurs because he doesn't want to be a squad player, he wants to start.  If he's not starting, he's not terribly interested.  There has been serious interest for Murphy from Wigan, a bit from Brum and Fulham have generally asked about his availability.  That's it.  Wigan, Brum and Fulham.  If you honestly believe he can offer Newcastle something I must be missing something because I can see very little benefit for him being on your books other than you haven't got great numbers in the squad and numerically you want the squad to be given a boost.  Improvement abilitywise, look elsewhere.  It's not as though you can't afford it.

I still can't work out if this Murphy to Newcastle thing is a windup or not.  First instinct is to say it is, but some of the folks here seem quite keen on the idea.

Murphy hasn't been a success at Spurs because he doesn't want to be a squad player, he wants to start.  If he's not starting, he's not terribly interested.  There has been serious interest for Murphy from Wigan, a bit from Brum and Fulham have generally asked about his availability.  That's it.  Wigan, Brum and Fulham.  If you honestly believe he can offer Newcastle something I must be missing something because I can see very little benefit for him being on your books other than you haven't got great numbers in the squad and numerically you want the squad to be given a boost.  Improvement abilitywise, look elsewhere.  It's not as though you can't afford it.

he'd be a mug to go to Fulham, can't see him enjoying Sanchez's crazy gang tactics.