The Premier League's worst signings

Dave

Guest LucaAltieri

I've heard he smokes like. Manc-mag told me he has a big cock too (Hamann that is).

I can't even imagine how you get to being that ITK.

I've heard he smokes like. Manc-mag told me he has a big cock too (Hamann that is).

He saw him in some gym/sports club in Didsbury I think. So he claims anyway.

He should write for ohmelads.com. Has to work on his Geordie credentials though...

He should write for ohmelads.com. Has to work on his Geordie credentials though...

:laugh:

Guest graemeh72

Thats meant to be true... One of my mates is very good friends with an ex - Toon player, who although didn't share a dressing room with Hamann was more than aware of the rumours regarding his cock size

Apparenlty his knickname was "The Daddy"

Got to nominate Vicente Matias Vuoso. Diego Forlan's strike partner at Indipendiente. Keegan paid £3.5m for him without ever seeing him in the flesh. Never played a game. Sold him to some mexican outfit for an "undisclosed fee" - AKA, a massive loss. :huff:

I'd also be tempted to nominate Dietmar Hamann. Signed for a Bolton on a free - we actually paid cash money to take him off their hands. How he ever passed a medical - let alone two in a week is beyond me. Chain smoker who has been playing 60 games a season for more than 10 years, so completely and utterly shot and pieces I would question the sanity of anyone who thinks he has owt to offer - I'd be worried if I were you - Allardyce signed him too :laugh:

Never heard of that before.

Common knowledge in these parts

Toon shockers XI (Premier League signings only) shouldn't be too hard:

Hooper, Pistone, Boumsong, Marcelino, Babayaro, Georgiadis, Faye, Fumaca, Luque, Tomasson, Gui'varch.

Plenty others too.

We never seemed to sign the Faye that put in a lot of good performances for Pompey but he put in a few of "decent" performances for us and we got most of our money back.

Toon shockers XI (Premier League signings only) shouldn't be too hard:

Hooper, Pistone, Boumsong, Marcelino, Babayaro, Georgiadis, Faye, Fumaca, Luque, Tomasson, Gui'varch.

Plenty others too.

We never seemed to sign the Faye that put in a lot of good performances for Pompey but he put in a few of "decent" performances for us and we got most of our money back.

Faye did ok when he first arrived (so long as he didn't have the ball at his feet). Played well against Chelsea once too iirc. He was shit though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the_guv_nor

Just read an article in the sun about the 11 worst signings in the the premiership.

I reckon Veron to Man U was the worst ever signing considering his price tag.

whats your thoughts?

Guest the_guv_nor

Well when i was scolling down reading the article i waiting for his name to come up. Luckily for Man U they managed to get half of there money back when they sold him to Chelsea... MUGS.

Whay cant we make some money back off our shite players!.......Oh wait a minute, Jenas just sprung to mind.

Guest samtoonarmy

Just read an article in the sun about the 11 worst signings in the the premiership.

I reckon Veron to Man U was the worst ever signing considering his price tag.

whats your thoughts?

Definatley. Veron cost £31m and he didn't do much at his time at Man U.

Per Kroldrup is a good shout if what I read about him was true...that Moyes paid £5m for him, but only when he got him over did he realise he couldn't head the ball...it takes a very special level of tard to make that sort of blunder. At least most of the other ones had some right to expect that the players would have something to offer, or in the case of Ali Dyer, didn't cost owt.

Guest the_guv_nor

This thread was done about two weeks ago.

Sorry, i didnt trawl through that many pages to find it.