Bolton away first game - all discussion in here

Dave

Away on Boxing Day - AGAIN!

When was the last time we were at home on Boxing Day?

F*CKING HELL! And of all places to go, we get bleak, dismal Wigan.

I'm not going.  I'm never setting foot in the JJB ever again after trecking down to the shithole that it is in the previous two games, expecting us to win comfortably only to see us underperform and get done over 1-0

They're certainly not completely random, because they have to make sure certain clubs don't have home fixture clashes (eg Newcastle and Sunderland, Liverpool and Everton, Man City and Man U etc).

They're certainly not completely random, because they have to make sure certain clubs don't have home fixture clashes (eg Newcastle and Sunderland, Liverpool and Everton, Man City and Man U etc).

Well yes, but I mean that certain ones look clearly designed to create headlines.

Apparently clubs can submit lists of teams they don't want to play away at on Boxing Day, and we are on pretty much everyone's list.

TOUGH F*CKING SH!T

I know its rubbish really. In addition, Tyneside police now request that we don't play Sunderland, Middlesborough or Man Utd, whoare pretty muc the only teams who havent blacklisted us. Thus we play away.

I'm not going.  I'm never setting foot in the JJB ever again after trecking down to the shithole that it is in the previous two games, expecting us to win comfortably only to see us underperform and get done over 1-0

Bloody horrible place, plastic stadium, with a piss poor support and those that do turn up are like a bunch of Monks and only cheer when the scoreboard tells them to. Horrible little Rugby loving town.

The Pies at Wigan are nice but I'm not going to Wigan just to have a nice pie.

Villa will be first home game. Arsenal have a Champions League qualifier that night.

EDIT = Arsenal's Champions League matches are the weeks either side of that so will be ok to go ahead.

Arsenal site confirms that fixture will be changed due to Champions League 3 qualifying round first leg being the same night.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=471819&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=2007/2008+-+Draft+Barclays+Premier+League+Fixtures

Guest nufcandy

the pies arnt even nice man, but its always a laugh when u get back on the coaches seeing some of our lads nicking the ball from a rugby or footy game on the pitches next to the coach park!

Bloody horrible place, plastic stadium, with a piss poor support and those that do turn up are like a bunch of Monks and only cheer when the scoreboard tells them to. Horrible little Rugby loving town.

The Pies at Wigan are nice but I'm not going to Wigan just to have a nice pie.

Mine fell apart in the dish, it was that fucking hot

They asked someone from the PL who makes the fixtures last night on SSN, "what would happen if the arbitration re-instated Sheff Utd - would they just take West Ham's fixtures or would the whole list be re-designed?"

He refused to comment, but I suspect that we could see them change should it happen

Never happen.

Apparently clubs can submit lists of teams they don't want to play away at on Boxing Day, and we are on pretty much everyone's list.

TOUGH F*CKING SH!T

I know its rubbish really. In addition, Tyneside police now request that we don't play Sunderland, Middlesborough or Man Utd, whoare pretty muc the only teams who havent blacklisted us. Thus we play away.

If this is true, it's a disgrace. You shouldn't be able to pick and choose your fixtures like that.

You play where you're told and if you've got Dynamo Mars away at 10 am on Boxing Day then tough f*cking luck - that's how it goes.

TOUGH F*CKING SH!T

If this is true, it's a disgrace. You shouldn't be able to pick and choose your fixtures like that.

You play where you're told and if you've got Dynamo Mars away at 10 am on Boxing Day then tough f*cking luck - that's how it goes.

;D

Guest nufcandy

the fa dont like us man, weve always known that "oh newcarstle united, just send them to whoever doesnt fancy going north to scotland to play them...pass me another prawn sandwich please james" ... tossers

We always seem to end up playing catch-up from the first month don't we? Always have a game in hand which isn't the best thing in the world.

2001-2 due to our Intertoto Cup match.

2002-3 due to our Champions League qualifier.

2003-4 as above.

2004-5 & 2005-6 as normal (I think)

2006-7 due to Liverpool's CL qualifier

2007-8 due to Arsenal's CL qualifier.

TOUGH F*CKING SH!T

remember a few years ago ferguson whining that man utd had 3 away games after champs lge games,the season after manutd had 5 out of 6 at home,their away they had to travel all the way to bolton,i think we had 5 aways!

the pies arnt even nice man, but its always a laugh when u get back on the coaches seeing some of our lads nicking the ball from a rugby or footy game on the pitches next to the coach park!

When we went in Feb we got off the bus and started watching a Rugby game for a couple of minutes. Everyone was shouting "HANDBALL!" Not particularly original, but it pissed off the locals for a couple of minutes until we were bored and went to find the pub.