Bolton away first game - all discussion in here

Dave

A canny fixture list in my opinion. We get the whole 'big Sam goes back to Bolton' out of the way first game then lots of winnable games up to Christmas. A tough January and February and we may have a few tough games in the FA cup too. Then a decent (ish) run in.

Lots of Saturday games too... ;)

:lol:

Guest mishka17

so what, doesn't matter how you start the game, the final score is more important

That was sarcastic irony, in response to your 'i hope we start better this time'.

fook, didn't recognise it ... sorry mate ... cheers

Which airport is closest to Reading? Do I have to fly to London and get a train (about 35 minutes?).

I will be in the UK on Oct. 27 but getting all the way South may be difficult.

Cheers for the help, I don't know that area at all.

The closest airport to reading would be heathrow.  Reading does have good rail links though so getting to reading by train is always pretty easy.  The pub next to the train station (the three guineas) is a good away pub as well and there are always bus services from the station to the ground (which is a bit out of town).  The only thing to be careful of is that Reading fans are very predominately cocks.

The closest airport to reading would be heathrow.  Reading does have good rail links though so getting to reading by train is always pretty easy.  The pub next to the train station (the three guineas) is a good away pub as well and there are always bus services from the station to the ground (which is a bit out of town).  The only thing to be careful of is that Reading fans are very predominately cocks.

Fantastic - thanks for the help.

As bizarre as it may seem I am coming to the UK from Canada on business and I wouldn't book my appointments until the fixture list came out!! My clients think I am a nutter.

the pies arnt even nice man, but its always a laugh when u get back on the coaches seeing some of our lads nicking the ball from a rugby or footy game on the pitches next to the coach park!

When we went in Feb we got off the bus and started watching a Rugby game for a couple of minutes. Everyone was shouting "HANDBALL!" Not particularly original, but it pissed off the locals for a couple of minutes until we were bored and went to find the pub.

that has been a good side to Wigan away the past two years actually.  Especially nicking the ball.

However the stadiums on a poor excuse for a retail park and the staff at the pub couldn't cope with the amount of fans in there.

been there every time so far, they need to learn to get more staff

Having another look, I could realistically see us being unbeaten up until the Spurs home game on October 20th...

There's no reason any of the teams before that should be able to beat us, should SA have the team motivated, injury free and where he wants them

I was thinking on similar lines. Looking down the list, the only teams that I found myself worrying about were the top four.

the pies arnt even nice man, but its always a laugh when u get back on the coaches seeing some of our lads nicking the ball from a rugby or footy game on the pitches next to the coach park!

When we went in Feb we got off the bus and started watching a Rugby game for a couple of minutes. Everyone was shouting "HANDBALL!" Not particularly original, but it pissed off the locals for a couple of minutes until we were bored and went to find the pub.

that has been a good side to Wigan away the past two years actually.  Especially nicking the ball.

However the stadiums on a poor excuse for a retail park and the staff at the pub couldn't cope with the amount of fans in there.

Aye, you're right. It took us over 20 mins to get served. The place was jammed.