New defenders?

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baines, Campbell, and Brown.

Like to start with some player that have shown they can be decent in England. Don't know anything about Rozenthal, or anyone else playing in France. I'm sure there are some Chimbonda's out there that are available on the cheap, but I can't say I would be "satisified" with the signing anyone who has performed in England.  I mean look at Del Horno or  Bouhlarouz --going back to Germany? (Actually, come to think of it, either might be worth a shot at LB-- better than Baba.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun15p.html

Legendary transfer guru Pantaleo Corvino has been spotted in Holland this week where he is believed to have scouted out England defender Taylor.

The Newcastle United man featured against Italy in the 2-2 draw for the European Under-21 Championships.

Fiorentina are looking further afield for their reinforcements in defence, as Palermo have put obstacles in their path towards Andrea Barzagli (pictured), instead hoping to send him towards Juventus.

OMG one of the best jokes of this year :D

Guest ToonGeneral

Jagielka, Baines, Rozenhnal and Campbell.

We would have a back four of

Jagielka    Taylor    Campbell  Baines

With Edgar, Solano, Carr, Ramage and Rozenhnal as cover.

I think we have to be careful with players like Hyypia. Players who have been at one club for a very long time often struggle when they go to a new club where they have to deal different methods, teamates and surroundings, it can often take a long time for them to settle in.

Legendary transfer guru Pantaleo Corvino has been spotted in Holland this week where he is believed to have scouted out England defender Taylor.

The Newcastle United man featured against Italy in the 2-2 draw for the European Under-21 Championships.

Fiorentina are looking further afield for their reinforcements in defence, as Palermo have put obstacles in their path towards Andrea Barzagli (pictured), instead hoping to send him towards Juventus.

What's the joke? 

I suppose it could be taken to be ironic to say that anyone is scouting a Newcastle defender, but Taylor is no joke. Also, Barzagli is a catch. Palermo has had a lot of quality young players.... Toni left, now Barzagli, Zaccardo ...

What's the joke? 

I suppose it could be taken to be ironic to say that anyone is scouting a Newcastle defender, but Taylor is no joke. Also, Barzagli is a catch. Palermo has had a lot of quality young players.... Toni left, now Barzagli, Zaccardo ...

would consider a straight swap for Pazzini, but only if we got a world class CB in.

From the Taylor to Fiorentina-text:

“If it’s up to him, Andrea would go to Fiorentina without a moment’s hesitation.”

If he'd go to Fiorentina, then surely he'd go to us? Fiorentina isnt a much better team either are they?

Would love an italian player in the team, preferrably a centre-back. I always have. Dont know why though :idiot2:.

Guest Nappy Rash

Are people saying Rozenthal because we're linked with him or have they actually seen him play?

My thoughts exactly, now I watch an unhealthy amount of football and I know fuck all about him.

He must be good on Champ Manager.

Anyone else worried that were getting linked to all these French league defenders?

France isn't the best league in the world, in fact its poor apart from Lyon, and the EPL is a very fast league to deal with.

Not only that, some of these names and types of players, including the low fee's remind me of the Dumas, Goma, Domi, Guivarch (Striker i know) days, all good players in their comfort zone but brought here couldn't cut it.

Last thing we need is to have shipped out heartless morons, for talentless morons.

Also is SA buying in Bolton mode, or are these players really good enough for the pressure surrounding a NUFC defense? As its simply the most scrutinised defenses in the world, by media and its fans alike.

Anyone else worried that were getting linked to all these French league defenders?

France isn't the best league in the world, in fact its poor apart from Lyon, and the EPL is a very fast league to deal with.

Not only that, some of these names and types of players, including the low fee's remind me of the Dumas, Goma, Domi, Guivarch (Striker i know) days, all good players in their comfort zone but brought here couldn't cut it.

Last thing we need is to have shipped out heartless morons, for talentless morons.

Also is SA buying in Bolton mode, or are these players really good enough for the pressure surrounding a NUFC defense? As its simply the most scrutinised defenses in the world, by media and its fans alike.

Not really. If they are good enough I couldn't give a shit where they come from. When they are unknown, we can only trust the manager to decide they are worthy of bringing in.

Guest Nappy Rash

Where did Chelsea get Gallas from?  :coolsmiley: