F.A.W. reverses international retirement

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

apparently he even gets to go on holiday after the tournament and will miss the start of the season

Give over man. Robson was the tw*t for trying to make him quit international football...while at the same time saying he'd take the England job on part-time when Keegan resigned. Do you think when he was at PSV & Barca he ever told Romario & Ronaldo they couldn't go off to play for Brazil? Like sh*te would he.

Guest Invicta_Toon

so it was Robson forcing him rather than an agreement as part of a new contract?

I'm sure he could have found another club that would not have asked him to retire, surely?

Give over man. Robson was the tw*t for trying to make him quit international football...while at the same time saying he'd take the England job on part-time when Keegan resigned. Do you think when he was at PSV & Barca he ever told Romario & Ronaldo they couldn't go off to play for Brazil? Like sh*te would he.

One of Robson big mistakes.... selling Solano. Hope Solano is added to the Copa America squad. Important for him I think.

What are the chances that Viduka ran the Asian Cup by Allardyce before signing? Hope the Aussies do well. Joining the AFC was a good move for them and for the game.  :clap:

completely agree with the exception of the Ronaldo reference

Ronaldo and Solano are in different leagues physically, Robson recognised that Solano couldn't play twice a week

he's a twat for going against his word to Sir Bobby on several occasions

Vic has a point here. He signed an improved contract based on the fact he'd retired from Internationals and thus he'd be available for more Toon matches. He then signs the contracts and decides he wants to continue playing for Peru.

I love the little bloke but he pulled a fast one.

Guest Invicta_Toon

And what right does Robson have to say Solano can only stay if he quits international football? That's b*llocks.

it's called a contract negotiation

like I said, he was free to go anywhere else that would let him play

he's a t*** for going against his word to Sir Bobby on several occasions

Vic has a point here. He signed an improved contract based on the fact he'd retired from Internationals and thus he'd be available for more Toon matches. He then signs the contracts and decides he wants to continue playing for Peru.

As I said above, Solano shouldn't have been put in that position in the first place.

And what right does Robson have to say Solano can only stay if he quits international football? That's b*llocks.

In which case, why didn't Robson take action?

he's a t*** for going against his word to Sir Bobby on several occasions

As I said above, Solano shouldn't have been put in that position in the first place.

He fell out with the coach of Peru and didn't need a great deal of help to come to the decision he did iirc...

Guest Invicta_Toon

One of Robson big mistakes.... selling Solano. Hope Solano is added to the Copa America squad. Important for him I think.

What are the chances that Viduka ran the Asian Cup by Allardyce before signing? Hope the Aussies do well. Joining the AFC was a good move for them and for the game.  :clap:

he had retired, so zero in my book

And considering Robson's idea of replacing Solano was buying Ambrose, it's just as well he didn't go elsewhere eh.

Solano packed in International football when he fell out with the manager of Peru, he signed a new contract but decided to play for Peru again after the manager was sacked.  Nobby was right and Bobby was wrong on thid one, he had no right asking him to not play for his Country when fit.

Solano packed in international football whilst playing for us, too.

EDIT actually, he packed in playing football whilst playing for us.

EDIT EDIT that's a bit harsh, tbh. Well, untrue, in fact.

I'm not certain.

He was retired, yes. But I'm not about to assume that Viduka hid his desire to play for his country from Allardyce until after the ink was dry. Don't think it would've made a difference either way.

I'd happy to have him and I assume that Allardyce and most fans are delighted regardless of whether he's retired from internationals or not.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm not certain.

He was retired, yes. But I'm not about to assume that Viduka hid his desire to play for his country from Allardyce until after the ink was dry. Don't think it would've made a difference either way.

I'd happy to have him and I assume that Allardyce and most fans are delighted regardless of whether he's retired from internationals or not.

no idea what you're on about

either he's retired when he signs or he isn't

should make up his fat mind tbh

Solano packed in international football whilst playing for us, too.

EDIT actually, he packed in playing football whilst playing for us.

EDIT EDIT that's a bit harsh, tbh. Well, untrue, in fact.

Wasn't he your top scorer with 11 or something, the season before he came to u? Could be wide of the mark with that but i think i can remember him bagging quite a few one season.

Actually Viduka has never retired from international football so I don't know what some of you blokes are on about? Apparantly he decided to retire last week for one day, after signing for newcastle, then changed his mind less than 24 hours later. I think the reason for his near-retirement was that one of his best mates Skoko, who plays for Wigan, got a bit shafted by the national team last year and retired, so dooks was thinking of following him.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/viduka-nearly-quit-internationals/2007/06/15/1181414474110.html

And frankly, a pre-season in the sweltering heat of SE asia is probably going to get him in better shape than one in Newcastle. The only time he's ever been fit anyway is after spells with the national team. I'd think full internationals against the likes of Japan and Korea are going to keep him in better touch than running around against the reserves.