Chopra

Thespence

Chopra and Ridsdale did confirm that no club has shown any interest in the £4m-rated former Newcastle United striker.

I hope we got a sell-on clause.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/0900cardiffcity/tm_headline=cardiff-target-striker-beattie&method=full&objectid=19307591&siteid=50082-name_page.html

I am pretty certain we won't have. He was technically a free but they had to pay compensation due to that development clause for players moving under a certain age. I doubt we would have the opportunity to add in such a clause.

I am pretty certain we won't have. He was technically a free but they had to pay compensation due to that development clause for players moving under a certain age. I doubt we would have the opportunity to add in such a clause.

I am sure they bought/signed him before his contract had expired, admitting only weeks before it did run out.  Searching the net the amounts we got range from £150,000 to £500,000 initial fee.

I am sure they bought/signed him before his contract had expired, admitting only weeks before it did run out.  Searching the net the amounts we got range from £150,000 to £500,000 initial fee.

I am certain that was compensation.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Chopra and Ridsdale did confirm that no club has shown any interest in the £4m-rated former Newcastle United striker.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/0900cardiffcity/tm_headline=cardiff-target-striker-beattie&method=full&objectid=19307591&siteid=50082-name_page.html

because sometimes £1400 million in the bank just isn't enough

because sometimes £1400 million in the bank just isn't enough

well, i always say so...me and joey barton

Guest Bramble OG

id say the reason theres no intrest in him is because they rate him at 4M...

Guest Stephen927

We got £500,000 for him didnt we?

In compensation because he's under the age of 23 or something like that.

Guest mishka17

i would be suprised when we would be linked with chopra. he's one of newcastle schoolboys but after all he have got 4 senior strikers and one inexperienced. at this stage, after buying viduka it would be bloody stupid for us, for chops to sign him....just btw

i would be suprised when we would be linked with chopra. he's one of newcastle schoolboys but after all he have got 4 senior strikers and one inexperienced. at this stage, after buying viduka it would be bloody stupid for us, for chops to sign him....just btw

Who said anything about us buying Chops

id say the reason theres no intrest in him is because they rate him at 4M...

:lol: Spot on.

Guest mishka17

Who said anything about us buying Chops

nobody, yet. but i'm sure that it will come in near future

Chopra has proved that has quality at Championship level, but the jury is still out on whether he would hack it week in week out in the Premiership.  We have no need for him in our side, plus £4million is silly money for him.

Guest Nappy Rash

I would hate to bring back Chopra. Sorry I remember a trier who was simply not good enough for the premiership

Steve Bruce thought the same with Andy Johnson didnt he?

Chopra has something you cant teach, its other areas of his game he needs to work on and the only way he was going to improve was by playing regularly.

Dont write him off just yet.