New Home Shirt

MidfieldGeneral

Can anyone please tell me what the sizes are like on the latest home shirt ?

I've had various tops before where a large has been quite big and more than sufficient, where with others a large isn't so large and an xl has had to be purchased.

A prime example being the last 2 home shirts. The last one a large was big. The top before a large was quite small.

Thanks in advance  :thup:

All i know is that the new home shirt is an abomination. I shall not be purchasing this one.

The sponsor patch on the front looks terrible.

Much better than the gold, sticky tape Northern Rock from last season.

Cheers for the replies peeps.

Wanting one before I go away on Holiday next week and the only place in Carlisle that's got them in stock is JJB and I aint paying £40 when they are nearly a tenner cheaper in Sports World.

Normally I would try the bugger on before I bought it, but my sister is shopping in the Metro so I've asked her to get me one. Opted for XL, rather it be to big than too small.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I wonder if anyone would now pay more for the shirt if it was more expensive in Sports World rather than JJB?

assuming they even want to buy this years hideous version in the first place

Guest Petay

This shirt is a posing a real dilema for me, I've not, not bought a home shirt since I was 8 and started supporting Newcastle, but this one is truely minging and I can't even see me wearing it to games or the pub to watch games.  What do I do?  Do I give in to my collector instincts ands buy it just to keep the collection intact or do I listen to good taste and tell them to stick their tacky piece of s**** shirt?

Guest Petay

It's a load of crap. The fact that 75% of the people I've seen wearing it have only one brow and have a sister who's also their mam should be warning enough.

Christ that is true I've not seen anyone wearing it who appears to have developed a opposable thumbs.

Guest Petay

Its that baby blue trim that really turns me off it.  Oh and that pap embroided NUFC and the back of the neck, just looks like something so div would get tattooed and on them and think looks classy.

Guest Invicta_Toon

It's a load of crap. The fact that 75% of the people I've seen wearing it have only one brow and have a sister who's also their mam should be warning enough.

I've grown to like it.

:lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Looks shit in pictures, saw it in the flesh on Sat and its actually a nice looking shirt-- needs a name and number on back though, pure black look daft

it's a shame no-one knows what the squad will be then really

I've started to tolerate it now. Still won't be getting it though.

Although that might also change once the new season kicks off. Even though I'm starting to accept the new shirt, everytime I see it coupled with those new shorts it puts me right off again.

Looks shit in pictures, saw it in the flesh on Sat and its actually a nice looking shirt-- needs a name and number on back though, pure black look daft

Just get 'Ashely' put on it, mate.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Just get 'Ashely' put on it, mate.

and have everyone think i'm a billionaire? no thanks

Guest Guinness

Considering buying the new shirt, I hated it when I first saw it but I'm coming round to it now. No idea about the sizes but adidas usually size their shirts quite big, I bought last seasons away shirt in medium and it was like a bloody dress!