Copa América

Dave

I am fairly tolerant of fellow Geordie-Americans... but FFS Ray needs to take off the Red, White & Blue specs every once and a while. Eddie Johnson the future of American footie? Jesus, I hope we can do better. And our best player was probably Mapp and DeMeritt (yes the one from Watford)... the yanks (we) are screwed.

The Argies evidently gained all of Brazil's luck that was missing from their Mexico game.

I am fairly tolerant of fellow Geordie-Americans... but FFS Ray needs to take off the Red, White & Blue specs every once and a while. Eddie Johnson the future of American footie? Jesus, I hope we can do better. And our best player was probably Mapp and DeMeritt (yes the one from Watford)... the yanks (we) are screwed.

The Argies evidently gained all of Brazil's luck that was missing from their Mexico game.

He's an awful commentator too.  Always talking over the other guy.  For a color commentator he needs to shut the fuck and and stop sucking the argies' collective dick.

Hahaha 4-1???  That's embarassing...  Oh well, welcome to Soccer

:rolleyes:

Golly gee wizzz, thank you kind british man.

Yeah getting by a 3-goal margin off Argentina sure is embarassing.

Guest tbelcher11

Hahaha 4-1???  That's embarassing...  Oh well, welcome to Soccer

:rolleyes:

Golly gee wizzz, thank you kind british man.

Dude, I'm American...

Guest optimistic nit

well i did see the argie first goal, but i left it at half time i think. missed the american goal, as i tuned in 10mins late as well.

So nice of you to tolerate us. ;)

I think you're right on the button here. However, I thought Mapp was dreadful and Jimmy Conrad was DeMeritt's equal at the back. Bornstein (?) did a pretty decent job of marking Messi. I think Argentina were a little wary of EJ  and his speed until they figured out he couldn't do anything with the ball.

The US pool of talent is extremely thin.

Hopefully tyhe Argies will fall in the final just like last time, last minute goal and then in the penalty against a Brazilian team or even an impressive Paraguayan side.

Guest optimistic nit

that Castillo looks a player. Who does he play for?

been said already. note he doesn't have a great goalscoring record, and thats in a league equivilent to the SPL, but at the same time he looks bright i agree. better option than rigters imo.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

that Castillo looks a player. Who does he play for?

been said already. note he doesn't have a great goalscoring record, and thats in a league equivilent to the SPL, but at the same time he looks bright i agree. better option than rigters imo.

His finishing isn't great but he runs with the ball well and has a trick or two in him. Could be a handy little player for someone, think he's only 22/23?

Guest optimistic nit

aye, i'd definately take him here. apparently (already said in this thread) he would have gone to manure at 16, but couldn't get a work permit. playing in greece now so would probably get one. good support for any goalscorer imo.

Keep in mind that was in a team filled with the best of Argentina against the USA B team. I think many average players could have been made to look good in that game.

Most made to look very bad: Twellman, Gaven, Wynn, Clark in particular.