Copa América

Dave

Brazil are currently dismantling Chile 3-0 after half an hour. Excellent stuff.  :thup:

Uruguay ave already dispensed with the hosts Venezuela 4-1 in the other QF. The competition is finally getting interesting... :)

Paraguay are an absolute shambles at the back, 3-0 before half-time.

blueyes.gif

Looking very much like it'll be:

Brazil vs Uruguay

will play Mexico vs Argentina

(unless Peru shock the tournament and beat Argentina)

Well although correctly done i think the referee shouldnt have given a red card out so early in the game, makes it a boring game and i stopped watching after 2-0. Argies vs. Mexico in Semi-Finals. Looking good, on the other side my Brazil are probably reaching the final after a throughout boring competition.

Wow, funny that Paraguay has been so awful, although theyre one man down since the first minute you cant produce that kind of display after impressing against Colombia and the U.S.

Always feel it's unfair to get a man sent off and a penalty against you, unless it's a malicious foul.

Game was over after five minutes.

If the player would have had an open goal had he not been fouled then the ref's only got one choice.

Always feel it's unfair to get a man sent off and a penalty against you, unless it's a malicious foul.

Game was over after five minutes.

If the player would have had an open goal had he not been fouled then the ref's only got one choice.

Not the ref's fault, obviously, he has no choice.

If it's one of those split second things where the keeper makes a genuine attempt then I think yellow would be fairer. Odds are they'll score the penalty, and even if they don't it's not as severe a disadvantage as losing a man and a goal.

I'd suggest penalty-goals, but that'd be gay.

Christ I love Messi.

By far the most promising talent in the world.

He's on another level to all of those around his age.

Beaten me to it.

I've had a cold all weekend, could probably work tomorrow but taking a sickie to watch this more or less. Has it all Messi, the vision, touch and precision to put the ball where it needs to be but also the ability to beat men with such ease. Already showed he plays well in the big games as well so far.

Really struggling to find good reason why he won't eventually be as good as you know who.

Edit: Just now spotted Hans Gruber is 2J, awesome.  :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

when I saw this card in the pub, the thought struck me, should there be more lee-way when the foul involves the keeper's legs rather than arms?

just a drunken thought tbh

Guest optimistic nit

is it me, or has this ht break been about an hour? :lol:

i must have listened to about 10 songs during it.

Christ I love Messi.

By far the most promising talent in the world.

He's on another level to all of those around his age.

Him and C. Ronaldo are equally good IMO. Both got the same drive when they get the ball.