Copa América

Dave

Watched the Peru game last night, amid great scenes here in Lima. Probably the best that we have played in the last few years (except famous draws home and away to Brazil). Farfan was his usual self - quick and strong, Pizarro with deft flicks and a set up for a disallowed goal, and Paolo G. - looking a great prospect. My only concern is that we are after defenders and the likes of John Galliquio who was touted by Portsmouth - is big strong, fast, likes going forward but .... well he plays for my team, and I wouldn't dream of him playing for the toon. 

Watched the Peru game last night, amid great scenes here in Lima. Probably the best that we have played in the last few years (except famous draws home and away to Brazil). Farfan was his usual self - quick and strong, Pizarro with deft flicks and a set up for a disallowed goal, and Paolo G. - looking a great prospect. My only concern is that we are after defenders and the likes of John Galliquio who was touted by Portsmouth - is big strong, fast, likes going forward but .... well he plays for my team, and I wouldn't dream of him playing for the toon. 

Congrats on the win. That and the draw in the other game put you guys in a really strong position. Sorry, for my ignorance but I assumed that Uruguay were the favorites in the group. Is that correct?

Congrats on the win. That and the draw in the other game put you guys in a really strong position. Sorry, for my ignorance but I assumed that Uruguay were the favorites in the group. Is that correct?

The feeling here was that Uruguay were the clear favourites to the group, but of course with Venezuela being the hosts, they should have a chance. We were very worried about Forlorn and recoba - but with Recoba missing, and Peru playing a fabulous game, it was our night. We have just got rid of the crowd favourite Roberto Palacios who has retired (and in my opinion all that is worng with football here - showing off to please the crowd El Teatro (the theatre).

Chile won 3-2, and could have had more - but do not be decieved, two very poor second half goals, one with two players unmarked at the far post, and another decent freekick left the keeper seriously flapping, this was after ecuadorean player somehow cleared off the chilean line. Some very dodgy refereeing decisions as per normal here.

Looking forward to the next game.