Geremi gets work permit, Officially signs - .cock

bodson

The players we're going for would suggest the £50m figure is exaggerated.

Also, it may not necessarily mean £50m on top of sales. It may well include the anticipated sales of players such as Baba, Carr, possibly Emre, Dyer, owen or Martins as well. That would explain two bosman signings, a release clause and a couple of cheap defenders from the French league being targeted thus far.

or on the other hand we do have this magic 50m to spend but have a paper thin squad and have gotten rid of dead wood aswell we really need to buy these sorts of players as well as the bigger signings its a balancing act I would not say its a bad thing spending small so early on in the transfer window.

The players we're going for would suggest the £50m figure is exaggerated.

Even if this figure is reliable, it may not necessarily mean £50m on top of sales. It may well include the anticipated sales of players such as Baba, Carr, possibly Emre, Dyer, owen or Martins as well. That would explain two bosman signings, a release clause and a couple of cheap defenders from the French league being targeted thus far.

Chelsea got money yet they got 3 Bosmans,

My point is there is no evidence we do have a £50m budget for this summer. This story has come from an unnamed 'source' who could be anyone and could also be wrong.

We're buying sensibly but we're not showing any signs yet of a major budget. Time will tell whether this massive budget is true.

My point is there is no evidence we do have a £50m budget for this summer.

And we have no evidence that we dont as no one knows what ashley wants to do but looking just at the intial buys and what we are being linked with does not mean anything.

Not sure where we are going to play him if it isn't right back.

Primarily he is a right midfielder, so he can join to que behind Milner and Solano on the bench if we plan to play him there.

And we have no evidence that we dont as no one knows what ashley wants to do but looking just at the intial buys and what we are being linked with does not mean anything.

No we don't. But I do suspect that figure has been exaggerated and I'd be surprised if we spend that much.

My point is there is no evidence we do have a £50m budget for this summer. This story has come from an unnamed 'source' who could be anyone and could also be wrong.

We're buying sensibly but we're not showing any signs yet of a major budget. Time will tell whether this massive budget is true.

Everything about Ashley in the last 39 days has been from an 'unnamed' source tbf.

Time will tell though.

Not sure where we are going to play him if it isn't right back.

Primarily he is a right midfielder, so he can join to que behind Milner and Solano on the bench if we plan to play him there.

Anal Oliver suggested he has come as a replacement for Emre in central midfield but he's not a central midfielder and would be wasted there. As you say we already have Milner, Dyer and Solano for the right wing. It has to be right back.

If he is here as our new first choice RB I'll be happy as I always felt he played well there. There was speculation that Allardyce wanted taller full backs but that may have just been Anal Oliver as well.

We need a squad, or has last seasons injuries and players released this summer escaped you in your summing up of the transfer kitty?

Great free transfer if we get him.  He's an experienced and versatile player at an age where we can still get quite a few years out of him.  Very pleased that we haven't spent silly, we've spent wisely... a good sign that the club is finally doing something right in the transfer market. 

We need a squad, or has last seasons injuries and players released this summer escaped you in your summing up of the transfer kitty?

Just don't think we're going to spend £50m on top of sales mate. I could be wrong.

Seems like anybody who questions the budget or the way it's spent is accused of wanting trophy signings immediately. Makes it easier to put down people's suggestions I suppose.

Just don't think we're going to spend £50m on top of sales mate. I could be wrong.

Seems like anybody who questions the budget or the way it's spent is accused of wanting trophy signings immediately. Makes it easier to put down people's suggestions I suppose.

I just wish they said nothing about possible budgets and just let the signings made come end of transfer window do the talking.  Hype and bull shit to appease the ones who live off it.  Do really need to spend £50 million? - No.  We dont.  There are players in the world that don't cost £10 million each that can improve our squad, find them and buy them and spend big when its the right time... i.e when we can actually attract £10million players ahead of the clubs actually in Europe.  Some people just love the thought us connected to the big players who will never come to us becasue we can't offer European football.  Why fool yourself, we trying to re-build, not break in to top 4.  7th to 5th should be our realistic aim, 6th is what I'm praying for.  We have the players (midfield and attack) and manager, just need the defence.

Why do we need to spend it? 50m might well be available for him to spend. Doesnt mean we have to go splurge it all.

If we can get decent players in for decent prices to get the squad where the big man wants it, the rest can either be spent on one or two luxury players at the end of the window (when the squad is where he wants it) or save it for the next window.

Sams just doing the job he was brought here to do and what he is good at, getting good deals on players and bringing the best out of them.

I just wish they said nothing about possible budgets and just let the signings made come end of transfer window do the talking.  Hype and bull s*** to appease the ones who live off it.  Do really need to spend £50 million? - No.  We dont.  There are players in the world that don't cost £10 million each that can improve our squad, find them and buy them and spend big when its the right time... i.e when we can actually attract £10million players ahead of the clubs actually in Europe.  Some people just love the thought us connected to the big players who will never come to us becasue we can't offer European football.  Why fool yourself, we trying to re-build, not break in to top 4.  7th to 5th should be our realistic aim, 6th is what I'm praying for.  We have the players (midfield and attack) and manager, just need the defence.

I agree, we don't need that much money and I doubt Ashley or Allardyce would want a budget like that to be common knowledge, two reasons why the figure may be exaggerated. It sounds like a ballpark figure anyway.

To spend £50m on top of the sales of Parker and others to come would be massive indeed yet many are expecting it now saying we need a squad etc.

My point is there is no evidence we do have a £50m budget for this summer.

No..but it could be used as evidence surely that we don't have £50m rather than we do?  ;)

£50 million is just a number!!! why do people feel the need to wank every day over this.

JUST WAIT TO END OF TRANSFER DEADLINE! WHO CARES WHAT FIGURE THE PRESS SAY.  It just leads to moaning that they were "lied" to if we don't spend that amount, when the club never actually stated £50 million in the first place.  It's all about how you spend your money, not how much.

£50 million is just a number!!! why do people feel the need to wank every day over this.

JUST WAIT TO END OF TRANSFER DEADLINE! WHO CARES WHAT FIGURE THE PRESS SAY.  It just leads to moaning that they were "lied" to if we don't spend that amount, when the club never actually stated £50 million in the first place.  It's all about how you spend your money, not how much.

Spot on. No club ever makes their budget public anyway and they'd be idiots if they did.

We've got £50m and Allardyce keeps bringing in free transfers.

Doesn't sound right to me. And I don't imagine Geremi is coming to warm our bench. Personally, I'd like to see that money spent on top notch defenders.

EDIT: I am not saving he's not a good addition. Just that we've signed someone who is not good enough for Chelsea (which we've done before) and if we have £50m available, we should try to buy someone who would start for any club in the world.