Makems have signed

NSG

This f*cker would'nt even cut it in the Eircom Premier.  :clap:

Are you saying the Eircom is better than the SPL?

Guest GAMMELL

This f*cker would'nt even cut it in the Eircom Premier.  :clap:

Are you saying the Eircom is better than the SPL?

In a word 'YES'  :razz:

Guest Jinky James

He,s gonna find it hard now that he is up with the big boys to attract even loan players like he did last season.

Keane-0 (a variation of Sunderland-0) will find out who his real friends are in the coming months.

Alex can I loan

Alex Can I have

Please Alex , what do I do now?

And to think about 2 months ago a lot of us were sh*tting ourselves at the prospect of those over-taking us. :lol:

Anderson, Halford & Nosworthy as 3 of your back 4, Jesus wept, that's relegation fodder.

Classic Sunderland.

Guest njkman

russel anderson is the aberdeen captain, or was. I live in aberdeen and have seen the dons a few times, hes quite inteligent leader at the back, but well its the spl. He did lead aberdeen in the uefa cup this year, but im not sure how well he will cut it in the prem. Prolly say he might be better than the craig moore defenders of the prem. Hes a big player for aberdeen and will be a big lose for them.

russel anderson is the aberdeen captain, or was. I live in aberdeen and have seen the dons a few times, hes quite inteligent leader at the back, but well its the spl. He did lead aberdeen in the uefa cup this year, but im not sure how well he will cut it in the prem. Prolly say he might be better than the craig moore defenders of the prem. Hes a big player for aberdeen and will be a big lose for them.

I too live in Aberdeen and as an Aberdeen fan, having watched him play week-in week-out for the past seven or so years, I am absolutely gutted by this  :'(! He's been an awesome player for Aberdeen and has consistantly been one of the best defenders in the SPL, but it IS the SPL after all...

Massive loss for Aberdeen, although I doubt he'll cut it in the Premiership. We'll see.

He's not that bad a player, looks pretty good in the SPL but then again Davey Weir looks even better than him and his last two seasons in the Premiership for us were terrible.

If he was that good and available for £1m (which instantly sends of alarm bells) how comes neither of the big two went for him?

They've both made plenty of bids in the past and had them rejected, just about every time the transfer windows open the local press up here is blabbering on about the "Old Firm interested in signing Anderson." Could be bullshit though.

He is (was) the undoubted star of the Aberdeen team, big fish in a small pond (most of our players are League One/Two standard at best), but he's got a pretty slight build and his distribution isn't great, I don't think he'll cope in the EPL too well.

If he was that good and available for £1m (which instantly sends of alarm bells) how comes neither of the big two went for him?

The "If he's that good, why isn't he at __________?" theory is my biggest pet peeve argument in all of football.*  There are so many reasons why players go to one lub or another.  They tend to find their level eventually, but not every move is indicative of that.  That being said, I don't know anything about Anderson, and for that reason probably shouldn't have posted in this thread.  I blame Gejon.

*My 2nd place pet peeve is "Apart from all the goals he scores, he's worthless."

Sunderlands PR team have been at it "Anderson was thought to be on the shopping list of local rivals Newcastle United but the prospect of working with Keane, a former Manchester United and Celtic stalwart, proved too good to turn down. "

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/sports/autocodes/premiership-teams-2007-2008/sunderland/black-cats-bag-anderson-$1104087.htm

Desperation, ffs.

They've both made plenty of bids in the past and had them rejected, just about every time the transfer windows open the local press up here is blabbering on about the "Old Firm interested in signing Anderson." Could be bullshit though.

He is (was) the undoubted star of the Aberdeen team, big fish in a small pond (most of our players are League One/Two standard at best), but he's got a pretty slight build and his distribution isn't great, I don't think he'll cope in the EPL too well.

Fair enough :D

Guest njkman

aye, the papers are always linking him with the big 2 in scotland, but i dont think he wants to go, his hearts with aberdeen, did he not just have a testimonial against everton last summer for playing for aberdeen for so long. Craig Brewster to lead the team now to be honost lol. Dont think zander diamond will be the same with out big rus in defence to. im not sure if he'll have the pace, maybe he will be able to read the game though like solano.