FORUM RULES REMINDER: Fixtures lists

Andy

For those that couldn't be arsed to look at that link earlier in the thread, here's what it says on that site:

On Thursday 14th June the fixtures for the 2007/08 football season were published. However most fan run websites will not be displaying them....

Football DataCo Ltd is a British company that grants licenses to third parties allowing them to reproduce certain intellectual property such as fixture lists and statistics. Football DataCo is wholly owned by FA Premier League and The Football League.

Fans have 3 options.....

1) Become the clubs nominated fanzine and get a licence for the fixtures for £1 + VAT and a delivery charge to your site £104 + VAT, delivery via email!

A total of £123 This is .com and therefore not available to us.

2) Get authorisation from the club to use their fixtures in isolation. This would be £266+VAT plus delivery charge

A total of £435

3) Without authorisation from the club you must buy fixtures for all clubs - this is £4244+VAT for the licence and £5200+VAT for delivery

A total of nearly £12,000

The fees are charged to all 3rd parties including independently owned football fan sites and fanzines. Numerous fan sites have been closed as a result of legal action initiated by Football DataCo Ltd.

Source: http://www.freethefixtures.com/index.php

dunno why people have a problem with this. all you need to do is look on bbc or sky sports to see who we play, or just save one of them as ur homepage.

Mate, it's not about what the fixtures are, everyone knows what they are, it's being able to talk about them in a post.  i.e say "hey I think we will beat team X away, then team X at home" as that's apparently, naughty.

Guest elbee909

For those that couldn't be arsed to look at that link earlier in the thread, here's what it says on that site:

On Thursday 14th June the fixtures for the 2007/08 football season were published. However most fan run websites will not be displaying them....

Football DataCo Ltd is a British company that grants licenses to third parties allowing them to reproduce certain intellectual property such as fixture lists and statistics. Football DataCo is wholly owned by FA Premier League and The Football League.

Fans have 3 options.....

1) Become the clubs nominated fanzine and get a licence for the fixtures for £1 + VAT and a delivery charge to your site £104 + VAT, delivery via email!

2) Get authorisation from the club to use their fixtures in isolation. This would be £266+VAT plus delivery charge

A total of £435

3) Without authorisation from the club you must buy fixtures for all clubs - this is £4244+VAT for the licence and £5200+VAT for delivery

The fees are charged to all 3rd parties including independently owned football fan sites and fanzines. Numerous fan sites have been closed as a result of legal action initiated by Football DataCo Ltd.

Number 2 then.

Can't believe this has come up yet again.

Its like groundhog day around here sometimes.  :rolleyes:

Surely its better to have this thread come up from time to time then have the site shut down?

Surely its better for the members to read the fuking rules.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=19161.0

TBF though, the admin only have themselves to blame, they edit out far too many posts when bannings should be handed out.

My personal opinion on the matter; make examples of the thick shits who cannot or simply can't be arsed to read.

Surely its better to have this thread come up from time to time then have the site shut down?

TBF though, the admin only have themselves to blame, they edit out far too many posts when bannings should be handed out.

My personal opinion on the matter; make examples of the thick shits who cannot or simply can't be arsed to read.

Surely Nazi admin wouldn't try to solve a little problem by editing posts rather than just banning someone? This can't be right....

Surely Nazi admin wouldn't try to solve a little problem by editing posts rather than just banning someone? This can't be right....

You lot have gone soft, unless the odd spelling mistake pops up of course, tonne of bricks time, lucky to escape with your account...

Fans have 3 options.....

A total of £435

Number 2 then.

You have to get the permission of the club, I'm not sure if it's quite as simple as just asking them. We looked into this before and I seem to remember that we came across and obstacle we couldn't get around, otherwise we'd have done it. I'll try and remember/find out what it was.

Just accept donations like the majority of football forums do and use the money to buy the fixture list next season.

Like I just said in the admin forum; personally, if we were to ask for donations, covering Dave's server costs would come WAYYY before anything like this, as far as I'm concerned.

Is it really that difficult to just not post fixtures? £400's worth of difficult?

Guest elbee909

Fans have 3 options.....

A total of £435

Number 2 then.

You have to get the permission of the club, I'm not sure if it's quite as simple as just asking them. We looked into this before and I seem to remember that we came across and obstacle we couldn't get around, otherwise we'd have done it. I'll try and remember/find out what it was.

His name was probably Freddie Shepherd.

Teasy, if you had to go through this exact same thing 3 or 4 times a season, having to explain to people what constitutes a fixture and what constitutes a list (how do people get through life not knowing these things!?!), usually with the same people who simply won't take it that the ONLY reason this rule exists is because without it the site could be shut down permanently, at any time, without warning, despite the fact this is exactly what happened to us before, then you get a bit arsey about it too.

Seriously though, is it really that hard to understand what a fixture list is and to accept that when we say no workarounds, we mean no workarounds, this includes randomising the order, using stupid names, translating them to Japanese, and anything else that anyone can think of as a way to work around the rule.

As a rule of thumb, if it's a fixture and it's in any sort of a list with other fixtures (ie not your shopping list, your Christmas card list, your hit list, or another such non fixture-related list) then it's a fixture list and is therefore not allowed on the forum. If you say I think we'll beat ManU, Liverpool and Chelsea, but get our arses kicked by the mackems then you might be mad, but you're not going to get banned.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm taking the piss, it's only because I am. It's really very simple: Please do not post fixture lists on the forum.

Nah its not simple until you make it simple :)  What I suggested isn't a work around IMO, which is why I asked in the first place if the mods considered it a work around.  Obviously when it comes to bans it doesn't matter wether I consider it a work around or not, its the mods opinions that count.  At the end of the day be 'arsey' with the people who are trying to argue with you all the time, not with the people who are only asking you a simple question.  Anyway, questions now answered, finally, so I'm happy.

The rules aren't clear, which is sort of the point, earth to Toons Taylor...