So positive!

Dave

When was the last time things were this positive for a new season? Even under Bobby you had the feeling the wheels would come off at some stage and it happened with the Bowyer summer.

Obviously apart from the ongoing worries over Owen and Martins (i'd like us to retain both) i'm fucking delighted about the way things have gone so far. And this is without taking into account the off-field changes and shakeup which quite frankly needed doing for us to progress.

I thought when we signed Milner (Solano's replacement), Carr (finally a proven quality right-back), Kluivert (Shearer's replacement for the next 3-4 years) and Butt (the first midfield "enforcer" since Batty) were the final pieces of the jigsaw in taking us back into the top 4. :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

still don't think its sunk in yet for me. i don't feel excited at all, yet i probably should :(

Damn phone browser post limit! :rant:

Was just also going to point out how delighted i am about the thought of Freddy sitting back in his chair thinking 'another season over, couple of month's break now' and Allardyce walks in, claps his hands and says "Right boss, when do we start? I've a few frees lined up and a trip to Barcelona lined up for next week..."

:D :D :D

Guest optimistic nit

i wounder if in 10 years time i will look back at this period of football with the same fondness that i do that of 10 years ago. not neccicarially newcastle, but footie in general. I have some great memories of that season. Manure going 2-0 down to leicster on the opening day, only for that bastard solskier iirc to equalise. my mom wouldn't let me stay up to watch MOTD, so i taped it. Also remember Elliots goal vs arsenal that year to win us the game, makes me feel really happy does that goal, no idea why. not strictly relivent but it has its place in a thread about optimism i feel.

Its half sunk in with me and I can't believe how excited I am about it all. I literally feel like I'm 12 again some days  :lol:

It just feels a lot more reassuring knowing that money will be at hand, more professionals are running the show off the field in every department, more talented players are incoming and freddys grip is all but gone.

Stability is a key aspect I feel we'll be experiencing in the years to come. General development and building upwards, not sidewards or backwards like in the past.....*does irish jig*  :celb:

And before people say 'Ah but we said that last time, I don't believe it til I see it, we ARE nufc remember, anything can happen, etc'.......well yes but we've been through all of that before but never had this kind of positivity to help motivate us again. If we lose, we'll analyse everything over and over, if we buy a dodgy player then we can replace them much easier now with larger funds, if players keep getting injured then we'll scan them a million times with our state of the art technology....know what I mean?

In the past our worries were generally well founded. Today, I just feel a lot more reassured of a brighter future.

Its half sunk in with me and I can't believe how excited I am about it all. I literally feel like I'm 12 again some days  :lol:

It just feels a lot more reassuring knowing that money will be at hand, more professionals are running the show off the field in every department, more talented players are incoming and freddys grip is all but gone.

Stability is a key aspect I feel we'll be experiencing in the years to come. General development and building upwards, not sidewards or backwards like in the past.....*does irish jig*  :celb:

And before people say 'Ah but we said that last time, I don't believe it til I see it, we ARE nufc remember, anything can happen, etc'.......well yes but we've been through all of that before but never had this kind of positivity to help motivate us again. If we lose, we'll analyse everything over and over, if we buy a dodgy player then we can replace them much easier now with larger funds, if players keep getting injured then we'll scan them a million times with our state of the art technology....know what I mean?

In the past our worries were generally well founded. Today, I just feel a lot more reassured of a brighter future.

Excellent summary.

Describes exactly how I feel about things.

Our future is going to be so very different to our recent past.  I am certain of that!

The individual signings haven't set my pulse racing yet. Barton, Viduka, Rozehnal. But they don't need to. We've already got talented players who have not performed for a number of reasons which I believe will be put right with a bigger squad and a better manager. With a more competitive squad we will see more motivated players and we won't see players like Ameobi playing through pain week after week or players like Milner or Solano playing through fatigue due to a lack of other options. The extra bodies alone will add a lot to the competitiveness of the squad and give the manager the option to drop players out of form, rest fatigued or injured players, and have options on the bench to change a game rather than a few reserves. It makes a world of difference.

With (probably) a bigger squad and a lack of europe, dare I say we may even be half prepared for what next season has to throw at us.

But for me the biggest positives are what's happening behind the scenes. To see Shepherd finally gone is a massive step forward for the club. These clauses are a reminder of where we were headed with him.

talk about serendipity! I was thinking the exact same thing when I got up this morning....it's weird to be feeling so positive about our club in recent times....to have a manager you can trust and know he has things under control (or so we hope)...i would have been rife with worry that the Rozenhal deal hasn't been confirmed or taht we haven't signed any defenders yet...wow...it's almost an enlightening experience :laugh:

Our transfer activity has barely started and the summer is already the best I can remember in years. Im also pretty excited and confident some "pleasant" transfer suprises will be thrust upon us before the window closes!

Although like O.N. I remember being excited the year Kluivert signed! With all the off field activity this summer has already surpassed that.

Going back further reminds me of the year we signed Barton, Hislop and Sir Les.

Everything is renewed and I think so much is going on its like a hit to every part of the system, we are in an excitable meltdown!

Even the impending departure of Owen and Martins, whilst being hugely dissapointing will be completely different, as I actually have the faith we will replace them.

Im sure its much the same if your a Villa, West ham, Man city or even Birmingham/pompey fan this summer the whole league is going through a money boom. Whilst most of the takeovers will cancel each other out Im confident we are one of the only sides doing thing correctly, with Allardyce and Ashley & Co. in charge I feel my trust isnt misplaced this time!

Oh but how we have been wrong in the past. But do you refuse to get on the rollercoaster just because the fun ride wont last forever?

GOT TO DISAGREE!

The Owen and Martins clause "scandal" has really wound me up.... I only hope we sell em quick or renegotiate contracts otherwise this could turn out to be a horrible transfer window for us (Owen to Man utd and martins to Arsenal - last day of window).

GOT TO DISAGREE!

The Owen and Martins clause "scandal" has really wound me up.... I only hope we sell em quick or renegotiate contracts otherwise this could turn out to be a horrible transfer window for us (Owen to Man utd and martins to Arsenal - last day of window).

Have faith in our new Owner, our new Deputy Chairman, and our new Manager.

They will be every bit as aware, as we are, about the 'last day of the transfer window' type of possibilities.  They will be dealing with it - right now!

We are a club in a different world, to that of the recent past.  A totally different world.

Can't emphasise that enough.

GOT TO DISAGREE!

They will be every bit as aware, as we are, about the 'last day of the transfer window' type of possibilities.  They will be dealing with it - right now!

We are a club in a different world, to that of the recent past.  A totally different world.

So it seems. But however often you say it though, it doesn't stop it from coming accross as being based on very little other than blind optimism.

We all have our hopes for our new owner getting it right, but come on. :buck2:

GOT TO DISAGREE!

So it seems. But however often you say it though, it doesn't stop it from coming accross as being based on very little other than blind optimism.

We all have our hopes for our new owner getting it right, but come on. :buck2:

I just cannot work out where you get the 'blind optimism' idea from!

One of the United Kingdoms most successful "winners" (as a businessman) has decided to spend £133M as his latest business venture - taking over one of Englands biggest (lets not go on about that word!!) Premier League football clubs.

To say that I do not expect him to fail to obtain his desired end product (SUCCESS) in as short a time as is possible  -  is NOT me adopting "blind optimism"

We all need to adjust to the new world we are already in. 

We are already in that new world NOW. 

well.. it's all good now and i'm enjoying the information overload.. but still Shepherd managed to fuck it up somehow with Martins' clause.. i'm not really that bothered by Owen's situation, although he is the better striker.. it's clear he has other priorities and the sooner we sell him the better

Guest optimistic nit

i am actually quite excited about the 3 transfers so far. a striker who can score goals who we should have bought last season, a young attacking mid and a good centre back. Not sure about edmilson, but i think it won't be too much of a risk.

If owen and martins go then they go. I would like owen to stay because he scores goals, but i would accept him going because he's on 100grand a week. I would like martins to stay because he showed a lot of promice imo in his first season, but he's still got a lot of rough edges, so i'd accept him going. We'd also be able to buy gudjonsen and tevez with the money we get from the sale of these two.