Cunning plan

womblemaster

Thinking about what we should do with martins....

Make him sign a new contract without the clause.  However we should then loan him to arsenal with an option to sell him for 15m+ appearance fees.  I am not sure if this could be made dependant on us being in europe or not.

IF we do make it to uefa slot then he can stay here, otherwise we take the dosh and run.

The advantage is he wont be able to play against us in the league, and we get more than 15m for him if he does wanna leave. 

An assuming we will sign guddy guddy blonde boy, or someother half decent striker.(in next few weeks)

ALso wenger will have some time to make himinto a better player, which we could then benefit from; its a gamble but better than just getting 13m.

Guest optimistic nit

oh so we loan our second best striker to arsenal. why do we do that, instead of just keeping him?

Guest toon tone rudeboy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/400/blackadder3_2.jpg

As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University

Guest optimistic nit

so why would arsenal consent to signing him on loan with option to buy for 15million, than just 13million here and now?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

probably older than you :razz:

Yeah clearly evident :lol: Y-G said in a different thread he wanted to go to a nursery and "kick the mother-shit" out of a load of kids ther :lol:

Guest Magpiecn

why dont we get arsenal to buy him for £13m, and then loan him back to US! brilliant!

:idiot2:That two cases will NEVER happen

"so why would arsenal consent to signing him on loan with option to buy for 15million, than just 13million here and now?"

Yeah they might see through that one.  Or they might be happy to spend the 13m elsewhere this season.....rumour has it their finances are on a knife edge.

The crux of my plan is to hoodwink martins into signing new contract.  (which nufc are trying to do anyway) 

The only leverage we do have is to ask him nicely.  oba plz sign for us, but its ok we will letyou go to arsenal anyway.

Guess its look more and more likely hes going.....

"so why would arsenal consent to signing him on loan with option to buy for 15million, than just 13million here and now?"

Yeah they might see through that one.  Or they might be happy to spend the 13m elsewhere this season.....rumour has it their finances are on a knife edge.

Well done Mr Obvious

Guest optimistic nit

So why would oba consent to sign, then go to arsenal on loan, rather than not sign, and be bought by arsenal outright?

Is this thread real? Or a figment of my imagination?

I want those 2 minutes of my life back NOW!!!

If Oba wants to go to Arsenal he will never sign a new deal with us. If he does it will be because he has decided to stay with us.

I for one hope we don't start offering him a ridiculous contract i.e. £90,000 a week or something stupid like that just to make sure he stays with us rather than join Arsenal. If he wants to go then let him, as long as we move quickly for another striker we will be fine.

Guest exilim

Sell him to Arsenal with a clause to loan him back for 3 consecutive seasons with Arsenal paying the wages. Sounds good?  :o

Guest exilim

I have a cunning plan too, lets set booby traps for barton and get him to beat the shit out of his teammates in Austria.

The existence of the clause makes me wonder what Pearson hoped to achieve by going public with Martins not playing at Watford and the alleged reasons.  Was he trying to unsettle Martins, knowing that he himself and the rest of his coaching pals would be getting the boot anyway, and stick the knife into us?