Add Viduka to the "World Class" list

NSG

.cock

Toon Striker One Of World's Best Says Coach

By Craig Hope

AUSTRALIA boss Graham Arnold has said that Newcastle United striker Mark Viduka is "one of the top three strikers" in the world after his brace for the Socceroos at the weekend.

The 31-year-old headed two goals as the Aussies ran out 3-0 winners against Singapore in their final warm-up match before this summer's Asian Cup.

And Viduka, who signed a two-year deal at St.James' Park last month, has been hailed as one of the best strikers on the planet by his national coach.

"When Viduka's happy on and off the field, I'd go as far as saying he's one of the top three strikers in the world," said Arnold.

"He's that good and he's that important to the nation.

"In my years I played the same position and I had as much talent as his little toe.

"And I played 85 games for Australia. You can't replace people like that. So it's not convincing them to go on, it's about making them happy.

"As long as their form's all right, why would you want someone to retire when their form's hot?"

Guest Nappy Rash

He's at a club where he's only one good or bad game away from being totally shit or World Class so its befitting.

He did outscore the best Striker on the Planet, Berbatov, by quite a bit, in less games and in a shit side (league obviously) so he must be.

What we see here is a demonstration of how US cultural practices are applying more and more influence over Australians.  As happens with the average ill-informed American he is mistaking his own country (Australia) for the whole world, and forgetting that other alleged countries (i.e. Liechtenstein) are not in fact the product of Dr Seuss's imagination.

Guest Gemmill

Micky Quinn was saying how Viduka is one of the best out there as well just after we signed him iirc.  Bit ott, although he can be very good on his day. 

Micky Quinn was saying how Viduka is one of the best out there as well just after we signed him iirc.  Bit ott, although he can be very good on his day. 

Just sees his fat self in Viduka, which is fair enough.

On his day he can be pretty much unplayable in the Premiership. Whether he'd cut it in the Champions League week in week out against the world's best defenders is a different matter, but he's a quality player.

Guest Morph

He's a class free signing, one of the best this summer.  One of the best in the world?

In a word - No.

Guest mikefin

I've always been big fan of Viduka. He is not in top three obviously, but he is a class act. I rate him higher than i rate Oba.

Guest colossal insight

Seems to be an attempt to persuade him not to retire from the joeys or socerroos or whatever they're called...hopefully it wont work.