Torres passes Liverpool medical

Kev

Good signing for the scousers tbh. If he plays regularly, I think he'll get at least 20 for them.

Bit pricey, but if you can afford it... :rolleyes:

He's never got 20 in Spain so why would he do it in the Premiership?

I would be very wary of handing over £20-odd million for a striker who scores less often in La Liga than Forlan and Kanoute

Fairly confident that if he plays 50 games, he'll get 20 goals. He's good enough on the deck and the lad can finish chances if they come his way.

I'm not making him out to be the next Pele but i think he'll do a job for them and he'll progress as a footballer under Benitez. Take those blue specs off!  :lol:

In 50 games maybe. I was meaning in the league, which is where they struggle. They're already spot on for Europe.

And I haven't got my blue specs on, I'm genuinely not that bothered about them signing him. My reasoning being Messrs Forlan and Kanoute. If they had signed Eto'o on the other hand, I would have been very  jealous and very angry!

Ah, right!

If Benitez makes him Number 1 and plays him regularly, I think he'll score regularly. I do, however, think he'll get kicked to shit in Premier League games and think he'll struggle a bit to cope with the physical side of things. My thinking is something like 15 in the League, 4 in the domestic Cups and maybe 5 in Europe?? Something like that?

Don't think Kanoute or Forlan could do better. Eto'o would run riot like.  blueyes.gif

Can't wait to see him on a cold winter's day away at Blackburn watching Andy Todd kick the s*** out of him.

That's more a criticism of the British footballing culture rather than the Spanish one tbh.

Todds long gone tbh.

Can't wait to see him on a cold winter's day away at Blackburn watching Andy Todd kick the s*** out of him.

That's more a criticism of the British footballing culture rather than the Spanish one tbh.

Todds long gone tbh.

Was more about the type of character he'd be up against tbh.

Semantics. Substitute Todd for Bikey etc.  ;)

Not really, its the fact I can't see him up for away games such as this on a cold British day.

Guest Guinness

Torres is a decent player with bags of potential, but £27m is a lot of money for him. He's never really been amongst the top goal scorers in La Liga so he's got a lot to prove if he's to be the man who turns them into genuine title contenders. He shouldn't have too much problem adapting to the league, his style of play suits the Premiership, what he needs to do is make that step up from being a 15 goals a season player to a 20+ goals a season player.

Guest evertoniansrmongs

the thing is when Etoo signed from Mallorca his scoring record was if Im not mistaken poorer than Torres and he played with a second striker.. Its all hypothetical but I think Torres will do well

Guest jamesmartinsmith

the thing is when Etoo signed from Mallorca his scoring record was if Im not mistaken poorer than Torres and he played with a second striker.. Its all hypothetical but I think Torres will do well

Torres played alone?

Not really, its the fact I can't see him up for away games such as this on a cold British day.

December to March in Madrid is just as cold as England. Throw in the fact that in Spain they play most of their matches at 9pm at night, I'd imagine he's used to cold weather. The, "cold January night in Blackburn" arguement is a crap one far too over-used.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Like Big Sam said. "He a tough bastard, I'd have him..."

I'd sign Andy Todd on a free, as long as no bungs are involved this time.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Wasn't it Harry Redknapp that said that?

Maybe it was, whoever said it was spot on.

Sadly, I think centre-backs like him are a thing of the past.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Why sadly? Sooner watch a good bit of football than a crunching tackle.

It's a part of our footballing tradition. All these nancy foreigners would get sorted out.

Guest teepee

if the pool supporters give him a full season to settle in i'm sure he'l be a fantastic signing.

he should just be thrilled that he hasn't signed for us - half of our supporters would be on his back after no more than 10 games if he hadn't scored at least 5 goals...

Guest king harry

The figure is most likely £20m plus add ons. The Liverpool fans/media will be keen to tell us it's a lot lower than that.

I also think they haven't done great business losing Garcia for a few million, but maybe he wanted to go back to Spain.

As for Atleti, I think they'll be a stronger team after all this.

He is 30, within the last 12 months of his contract, and has just come back from a long term injury

Can't wait to see him on a cold winter's day away at Blackburn watching Andy Todd kick the shit out of him.

and says "Luque here, wtf are you kicking"

Guest Navman

A fabulous insult, Rafa did in the PC on Bellamy :clap:

press: there is talk of craig bellamy leaving, is this true?

rafa: he knows my plans, and he is our player at the moment and we are working on things.

press: is he in your plans and are you pleased with him? (talking about bellamy)

rafa: yes, fernando is in my plans and im very pleased with him. (laughs)

press: we'll discuss that another time then.

Guest teepee

I think it's safe to say Bellamy is off, ahhh shame ;)

shite - i was hoping that he'd just rot away in your reserves :D