Queudrue?

Guest sicko2ndbest

As much as I am coming to like Sam and what he is doing, we have cash to splash but he iss till going after players, that well do not really bring massive quality to our squad. I think we could/should do better than Queudrue.

Like I said earlier in this thread, there is a good player within him, as shown by his performance against us and Milner at Craven Cottage last season.

If we can get him playing to that standard in most games, he'll be useful next season.

There are very few good and available left backs in the Premier League, and I wouldn't want a back four mostly consisting of new imports.

Guest SwissMagpie

Lets remember that its the journal.they reported that Beye will sign and we will have a new signing in "the next 48 hours"

Guest Geordiesned

Lets remember that its the journal.they reported that Beye will sign and we will have a new signing in "the next 48 hours"

...and the Chronicle will probably dismiss the story this afternoon.

Guest Verlaine

Grosso is about to sign for Lyon for £4.5m. Pretty sure if we offered him Premiership football we would have been able to sign him. When you consider that Shorey & Baines are being rated at £6m, that is a bargain.

Unless he wanted Champion's League football, a club who was likely to win something this season, a club renowned for attractive football...

As I recall, a lot of people wanted to go for FQ before he left Boro.

But we have a million billion trillionaire owner now man! We should be signing Bridge with Ashley Cole as back up FFS!

Guest Verlaine

But we have a million billion trillionaire owner now man! We should be signing Bridge with Ashley Cole as back up FFS!

Daniel Alves on the right, too, please. I know Chelsea are in for him, but I'm certain we could attract him. I just have a 'feeling' he'd love it here. Because... because... ..... ..... nm.

Daniel Alves on the right, too, please. I know Chelsea are in for him, but I'm certain we could attract him. I just have a 'feeling' he'd love it here. Because... because... ..... ..... nm.

Think I would prefer Miguel but I would probably take Alves if we can't get him.

Guest nufc_geordie

Unfortunately, Newcastle are not going to be signing 5-6 £10-15 million players this summer if that is what people are expecting. We are a club in transition, and although there may be money available, any decent pro I would guess won't want to come until they are sure that the club has stabalized. Quedrue is better than what we have therefore that classifies him as a decent acquisition. This time next year if we have progressed, then we may be able to bring in some higher quality players.

Things do not and will not change overnight!

Guest Verlaine

Unfortunately, Newcastle are not going to be signing 5-6 £10-15 million players this summer if that is what people are expecting. We are a club in transition, and although there may be money available, any decent pro I would guess won't want to come until they are sure that the club has stabalized. Quedrue is better than what we have therefore that classifies him as a decent acquisition. This time next year if we have progressed, then we may be able to bring in some higher quality players.

OMG you're so naive!

Spot on.

If someone doesn't like the signing of Queudreu or Young, it doesn't mean they think we should sign Ashley Cole and Dani Alves. Howay let's have a bit of serious discussion.

Queudreu was in good form two seasons back, someone I'd have taken a chance on a year ago, but situations change and a year on I'd give him a miss. We have been penny pinching for far too long in defence, espescially the full back positions, and it looks like we're going to do it yet again. Despite a change in management and ownership it seems this club will never learn. I expect someone is going to expect me to compile some sort of detailed list of targets now, as if I'm a professional scout.

Guest Verlaine

If someone doesn't like the signing of Queudreu or Young, it doesn't mean they think we should sign Ashley Cole and Dani Alves. Howay let's have a bit of serious discussion.

Queudreu was in good form two seasons back, someone I'd have taken a chance on a year ago, but situations change and a year on I'd give him a miss. We have been penny pinching for far too long in defence, espescially the full back positions, and it looks like we're going to do it yet again. Despite a change in management and ownership it seems this club will never learn. I expect someone is going to expect me to compile some sort of detailed list of targets now, as if I'm a professional scout.

No one expects you to compile detailed scouting reports. They'd just like you to have suggestions for realistic alternatives, rather than just constant pooh-poohing of anyone we're linked with.

At the end of the day, look at the players SA signed when he was at Bolton. Lots of people were turning their heads, just as some of you are now.

But what happened? They performed brilliantly, and SA looked like a genius.

Its the same thing, he shouldn't just spend big because he can, he's a very shrewd man in the transfer market, and thats one of the reasons I like him.

No one expects you to compile detailed scouting reports. They'd just like you to have suggestions for realistic alternatives, rather than just constant pooh-poohing of anyone we're linked with.

Why? Some of the best left backs this league has seen, I hadn't heard of or knew little about before they came. Is it too much to ask that our club find one of these? We'll never unearth a top player with this kind of attitudes, that a 28 year old cheap left back becomes available from a club much smaller than ourselves, so we buy him to fill a slot because he's a proven average Premiership player who will 'do a job'. This is how we ended up with Steven Carr.

Since the Premierships inception, we've never found a good full back who grew with the club. The closest we came was Bernard but he didn't make it, and that was under a manager who, for all his flaws, saw the potential value in taking chances on certain players and letting them grow with the team.

I'm not even convinced Queudreu and Young are better than Babayaro and Carr, just a lot less injury prone. I won't suggest a realistic alternative, I expect my club with its massive resources to find one, or try at the very least. Other clubs manage it.

I think there's far too much blind faith in Big Sam at the moment, and I can see the bubble bursting after the transfer window slams shut. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't share all the excitement in the moves we're making. I think calling these moves "sensible" depends on who we are and where we're going - if the objective is club profits then they are very sensible indeed.

Why? Some of the best left backs this league has seen, I hadn't heard of or knew little about before they came. Is it too much to ask that our club find one of these? Evidently so.

Since the Premierships inception, we've never done it, and once again we're going for a midtable left back by the looks of it, a cheap "proven" average left back. I'm not even convinced Queudreu and Young are better than Babayaro and Carr, just a lot less injury prone. I won't suggest a realistic alternative, I expect my club with its massive resources to find one, or try at the very least. Other clubs manage it.

I think there's far too much blind faith in Big Sam at the moment, and I can see the bubble bursting after the transfer window slams shut. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't share all the excitement in the moves we're making. I think calling these moves "sensible" depends on who we are and where we're going - if the objective is club profits then they are very sensible indeed.

If we signed an unknown the forum would be full of "who the fuck is he? Allardyce doing the only thing he knows and buying Bolton type players again" etc etc..

Guest WalkervilleMag

Big Sam aint had the time to scout out targets from abroad. The ones he has brought in are players he already knows about and had them scouted for Bolton.  At the moment he is bulking up the squad as that was one of the big problems we had for the last few years with a wafer thin squad.  I only expect another 3 or 4 players in before the deadline.  He knows he has got money to spend, but it aint much use just spending just because he has money.  I think now the his scouting network is in place, he can identify players between now and December ready for some spending in January.

If we signed an unknown the forum would be full of "who the f*** is he? Allardyce doing the only thing he knows and buying Bolton type players again" etc etc..

Yes, you're never going to keep everyone happy. Opinion will always be split. It doesn't mean people want us to sign Dani Alves because they don't rate Luke Young, however. There is more to the transfer market.

Guest Verlaine

Why? Some of the best left backs this league has seen, I hadn't heard of or knew little about before they came. Is it too much to ask that our club find one of these? We'll never unearth a top player with this kind of attitudes, that a 28 year old cheap left back becomes available from a club much smaller than ourselves, so we buy him to fill a slot because he's a proven average Premiership player who will 'do a job'. This is how we ended up with Steven Carr.

Since the Premierships inception, we've never found a good full back who grew with the club, the closest we came was Bernard but he didn't make it, and that was under a manager who, for all his flaws, saw the potential value in taking chances on certain players and letting them grow with the team.

I'm not even convinced Queudreu and Young are better than Babayaro and Carr, just a lot less injury prone. I won't suggest a realistic alternative, I expect my club with its massive resources to find one, or try at the very least. Other clubs manage it.

And yet, we're linked with Fanni- who no one has heard of, but could be a gem- and people aren't happy with that either.

And yet, we're linked with Fanni- who no one has heard of, but could be a gem- and people aren't happy with that either.

Maybe they are, but I'm willing to give that one a chance. Like I say, you'll never keep everyone happy. Most signings a manager makes don't turn out how we expect them to be, there are so many variables in football, hence there will always be a split in opinion on any transfer. It's normal to question a signing if you have concerns, because there is often someone out there who could do a better job and would come, the hard part is finding them and some clubs/managers are much better than others at doing that.

I see Queudreu as another Steven Carr signing. When we signed Carr he was cheap and available, the same age, from a club smaller than ourselves, he was once pretty good but his form had dipped. The only difference here is Queudreu doesn't have quite the same injury problems, though he did miss a quarter of Fulham's league games last season, and a quarter of Boro's the season before that.