Bellamy turns us down for the Hammers (allegedly)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

HELL'S BELLS

EXCLUSIVE West Ham to sign bad boy Craig in amazing deal worth £25

By Alan Nixon 06/07/2007 Mirror

WEST HAM swooped for Craig Bellamy in a £9million deal last night - and will give the Welsh firebrand a stunning £4m-a-year contract.

Bellamy has opted to join Eggert Magnusson's Upton Park revolution after Liverpool showed him the door and let him go for signing talks yesterday.

Hammers moved fast as they cushioned the blow of losing Carlos Tevez and waved their cheque book around to beat off Bellamy's old clubs Blackburn and Newcastle, plus Aston Villa. Bellamy has opted for a new challenge rather than a Rovers return or a second shot at being the Toon Army's hero. The size of the contract has been a big factor too.

AdvertisementMagnusson is giving Bellamy a four-year deal worth around £16m, making the whole deal worth a staggering £25. But for all of the striker's negatives he has plenty of positives that had buyers queuing up for him. Bellamy landed his dream move to Anfield last summer but after boss Rafa Benitez left him out of the starting line-up the problems started and came to a head with his golf clubswinging attack on team-mate John Arne Riise.

Even then Benitez resisted approaches for Bellamy, but when his money men demanded an end-of-season clear-out to fund the Fernando Torres deal it was all over for the fiery star. Bellamy has been teasing his would-be suitors over the past few weeks. He sent texts to Blackburn players and staff, telling them he was coming back.

Guest gggg

EXCLUSIVE West Ham to sign bad boy Craig in amazing deal worth £25

Fucking hell, I could have bought him myself.

As a side note i think people should be banned from posting The Mirror as a source.

Guest Ridzuan

Oh well,I wouldnt mind having him playing for us again but it turns out that he is not interested and the lure of big money is too much for him to turn down.West Ham must be dying to have him at the club that they are willing to offer such amount for him.

Load of shite

A - We weren't interested

B - If we were, he'd be here in no time.

He' loves the club blah blah blah... :rolleyes:

Didn't someone here predict that he wouldn't last long at Liverpool?  :lol: Journeyman footballer, tbh!

Guest niina

It's stupid if we sold him for £4m then buy him again £9m :(

And it's even more stupid considering we were let him go not because of his inability on the pitch (bad performance etc) but because the inability of the manager to handle him :(

Guest Guinness

Why have we been thrown into that "article"? I highly doubt we are or have been interested in him.

Guest Invicta_Toon

good on the little welsh tosser, making more money than shearer ever did, and playing for better clubs

Guest Invicta_Toon

good on the little welsh tosser, making more money than shearer ever did, and playing for better clubs

Well yeah, but only because Liverpool and West Ham are better than Southampton.

He's never played for England though!

aye, missed out on all those medals, and benefitting from being coached by errrr wankers

Oh well,I wouldnt mind having him playing for us again but it turns out that he is not interested and the lure of big money is too much for him to turn down.West Ham must be dying to have him at the club that they are willing to offer such amount for him.

Have I missed something here?  "It turns out he is not interested" . . . .  sorry??

WE were not interested in HIM !!!!!!!!!

Our involvement is all 'made-up'.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Shearer - One Premier League medal

Bellamy - One SPL medal, one relegation

must have missed the bit where you get a Premier league medal for playing for England