The Asian Cup

Newcastle Fan

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm going for Uzbekistan to win this. We're good in qualification for World Cup 2006 and will be pushing to qualify for South Africa in 2010.

never knew nut was an uzbek

Guest Toonie

unrelated but why are 23 year old players such as Reo Coker and richardson allowed to play in the Under 21 team?

unrelated but why are 23 year old players such as Reo Coker and richardson allowed to play in the Under 21 team?

Because it depends when the qualifing started for each touranment, if you are under 21 when it started then you can play until the tournament is over.

Guest onetallpoppy

Viduka was f****** s*** tonight mind, he looked fat, slow and unable to do anything..hopless peformence by him today.

not much you can do when the only service is lucas neill smacking balls at your head and being expected to hold them up for players meant to be running off him but werent

Guest ckmuzza

Can anyone post the formation Australia used in the game against Oman.

I was wondering if they played 3 or 4 at the back.

I'm going for Uzbekistan to win this. Were good in qualification for World Cup 2006 and will be pushing to qualify for South Africa in 2010.

Not that good, we  knocked them out ffs :D

They only missed out on a Play-Off with Trinidad & Tobago on away goals.

I'm going for Uzbekistan to win this. Were good in qualification for World Cup 2006 and will be pushing to qualify for South Africa in 2010.

Not that good, we  knocked them out ffs :D

They only missed out on a Play-Off with Trinidad & Tobago on away goals.

That was us..

That boy can certainly hit a ball, and knows how to use his visa  :lol:

I think there's a few dodgy foreigners playing for the national teams of the likes of Qatar and the UAE

A passport and a wad of cash go a long way

That boy can certainly hit a ball, and knows how to use his visa  :lol:

I think there's a few dodgy foreigners playing for the national teams of the likes of Qatar and the UAE

A passport and a wad of cash go a long way

Not UAE, but Qatar and Bahrain (us)

We got two Nigerians playing in our national team ffs, and thats against the wish of the general football fans here, most people don't even want them in the team but when you have an FA that does everything from selecting the team formation to choosing wich players do and don't make it to the squad, there is really nothing we can do about it.

Not only that, but the way we got them in our national team in the first place is illegal, and against the FIFA rules, but since Qatar have been doing it for 5 or 6 years now (at one stage they had a team of 8 africans, and only 3 qataris), and since they are backed by the Presidnet of the AFC (Mohammed Bin Hamam), any action taken against us will cause us to complain to the FIFA about them, wich will eventually cause a massive fiasco in the AFC, so lets all keep quite about this for a while, it will happen sooner or later anyway.

yeah the GBK (Gelora Bung Karno) Stadium 100,000 capacity... only use for special occasion... the grass is good...

i am just pessimistic because actually the technical and skill is quite decent... just their fucking stamina is awful... look at the at second half game... u'll see they can't run... :lol:

Guest ryunufc

Indonesia will be lost tomorrow.... i am just f****** pessimistic :lol:

going to lose all three, the worst group among the host nations.

technically we improve rapidly in the past 5 years due to growing popularity of the football itself, i would say. to say it is decent is debatable. the atmosphere at the stadium can be extremely intimidating but it will not matter much since we are totally inferior in every area compared to the more experienced koreans and saudis.

one tiny tiny reason for me to be cautiosly optimist for tomorrow is that we normally give our best effort in the first game, it is a fact ( i dont know, maybe the enthusiasm or something to do with the stamina). the bahrain team is probably their best ever, but it is the first game against the host, i fancy us to record our second win ever in the competition, although a heavy defeat is more likely...

yeah the GBK (Gelora Bung Karno) Stadium 100,000 capacity... only use for special occasion... the grass is good...

i am just pessimistic because actually the technical and skill is quite decent... just their f****** stamina is awful... look at the at second half game... u'll see they can't run... :lol:

Well i personally know some of the players in our national team, and can confirm that out of 25 players, AT LEAST 20 players smoke and have shit fitness, so you can't use "Lack of Stamina"as an excuse :D

Keep a look out for some of Bahrain's defenders, i am not sure who is going to start tommorw but its our strong point, some fantastic defenders but all have the same weakness, wich is lack of concentration

Guest ryunufc

i am just pessimistic because actually the technical and skill is quite decent... just their f****** stamina is awful... look at the at second half game... u'll see they can't run... :lol:

Well i personally know some of the players in our national team, and can confirm that out of 25 players, AT LEAST 20 players smoke and have s*** fitness, so you can't use "Lack of Stamina"as an excuse :D

Keep a look out for some of Bahrain's defenders, i am not sure who is going to start tommorw but its our strong point, some fantastic defenders but all have the same weakness, wich is lack of concentration

your players obviously have better postures and strength, we always stuggled when playing against middle eastern nations, they are more skillfull as well.

didnt your nation just narrowly lost to T&T in the last WC qualification?

Well i personally know some of the players in our national team, and can confirm that out of 25 players, AT LEAST 20 players smoke and have s*** fitness, so you can't use "Lack of Stamina"as an excuse :D

your players obviously have better postures and strength, we always stuggled when playing against middle eastern nations, they are more skillfull as well.

Yea, we drew 1-1 in Trinidad then lost 1-0 at home, Dennis Lawrence scored a header with 13 mins to go, i was there and it was possibly the worst match i've ever been to, but honestly we didnt deserve to reach the WC, we drew our way all the way to the play-offs and almost to the WC, but our players peformence really dropped since that day and i still think your side stands a good chance of winning tommorw, didnt you call-up some Dutch players to play for your side in the tournment?

Guest ryunufc

Yea, we drew 1-1 in Trinidad then lost 1-0 at home, Dennis Lawrence scored a header with 13 mins to go, i was there and it was possibly the worst match i've ever been to, but honestly we didnt deserve to reach the WC, we drew our way all the way to the play-offs and almost to the WC, but our players peformence really dropped since that day and i still think your side stands a good chance of winning tommorw, didnt you call-up some Dutch players to play for your side in the tournment?

regarding the dutch players, i.. i dont think so. few months ago there was this on going debate whether we should allow foreigners to play for us, i have not heard the conclusion (i hope we dont, im against it). i have looked at the list squad, i have seen most of them played, but i do not know minor details if they have dutch connection whatsoever.

i know foppe de haan attended one of our training session, our fa has good relationship with the dutch fa though as far as i know he is not involved.

for tomorrow, i guess it depends on the way your players handle the extreme atmosphere of GBK. the standard of your play is definitely better because your i know your gulf cup is of higher standards than our south east asian cup, but this is the other part of asia and it is the first game, so surprises are possible.